Bosque and Valley Mills Drive in 1960
2,972 Views | 11 Replies
BohunkAg
4:06p, 2/10/23
This is wild....around the time Lake Air Mall was being built. Lake Waco had not been expanded to its current size either

porchdawg
8:06p, 2/10/23
Wow - so much has changed!
TheCurl84
9:53p, 2/10/23
Got a pic of the circle from back then?
EMY92
5:24p, 2/11/23
I needed a job over the Christmas holiday in 1990. I ended up as the Lake Air Mall Santa.

The company had trouble keeping the Santas due to the sad stories they heard from the kids.
washburn321
11:47p, 2/13/23
That is pretty wild! I remember the Lake Air Mall and the dollar theatre there next to it. Here is the view now!

BohunkAg
9:49a, 2/14/23
In reply to washburn321
washburn321 said:

That is pretty wild! I remember the Lake Air Mall and the dollar theatre there next to it. Here is the view now!

It wasn't a dollar theater when I was a kid
EMY92
4:58a, 2/16/23
In reply to BohunkAg
We had the 25th Street Theatre, I saw Star Wars there. We also had the theatre next to the Lake Air Mall, and a theatre on University Parks right next to Baylor. All were 2 screen theaters. I don't remember if the theatre next to Richland "Fashion" Mall was existing or constructed when the mall was built. I know that there we two additional screens in the mall.
BohunkAg
7:02a, 2/16/23
In reply to EMY92
The one near Baylor was the Ivy Twin. My sister took my to see Beverly Hills Cop there when I was 10. Don't forget about the Diamond Point theater over off Valley Mills way down where it turns to Lake Shore. Mom took me to see E.T. there!
EMY92
3:28a, 2/17/23
In reply to BohunkAg
Saw many movies at the Diamond Pointe, but had forgotten about it. That place was the size of a shoe box.
BohunkAg
8:45a, 2/17/23
http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/17334

Apparently Diamond Point was the first double screen movie theater in Waco.
TheRatt87
8:09a, 2/27/23
Wow. This brings back a ton of memories. My grandmother lived just out of the top photo off Lake Air Dr across from the now gone Whataburger drive-in.

Lots of post-church lunches at the Picadilly cafeteria at the mall. The "Satellite Plate" and the cubed orange Jello were the bomb. Followed by perusing the aisles of the TG&Y while the adults finished their coffee. And dont forget to throw a coin in the fountain on the way out.
bularry
2:03p, 3/2/23
In reply to BohunkAg
BohunkAg said:

The one near Baylor was the Ivy Twin. My sister took my to see Beverly Hills Cop there when I was 10. Don't forget about the Diamond Point theater over off Valley Mills way down where it turns to Lake Shore. Mom took me to see E.T. there!
spent many an afternoon at the good ole Ivy Twin my freshman year
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off