Is this where people from Cameron post?

677 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Brazos Born
wareagle044
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Moving there in June. Is this my new home on TexAgs?
c-jags
wareagle044 said:

Moving there in June.

Thoughts and prayers.

You can make this your home or the Austin board.

CTX board is pretty boring but we also aren't having threads about massive crime or the liberals ruining everything every week.
The Grinder (99)
AG
I would think central Texas board is more in line with Cameron that the Austin board

But yes, there isn't a lot of action here

I only check periodically. Came today to see emif anyone was complaining yet about bellcad appraisal notices
c-jags
The Grinder (99) said:

I would think central Texas board is more in line with Cameron that the Austin board

But yes, there isn't a lot of action here

I only check periodically. Came today to see emif anyone was complaining yet about bellcad appraisal notices

Mine went up 10% but it's still less than 1/3of its' market appraised value so I ain't complaining.

Yah for section 8 lowering values in the Northside.
wareagle044
c-jags said:

wareagle044 said:

Moving there in June.

Thoughts and prayers.

You can make this your home or the Austin board.

CTX board is pretty boring but we also aren't having threads about massive crime or the liberals ruining everything every week.

It was a lot of thought and prayer. We think it'll be a good spot away from BCS for our family.
The Grinder (99)
AG
this is the second year in this house, so our initial value was hard to argue and fairly close to market value, based on sq footage.

good news is, I realized that they have the wrong square footage. They were over by 230 sq feet.

I should have caught it last year, but I didn't notice it. The deal last year was, they mailed the appraisal to my old home and, by that point, the mail was no longer getting forwarded. So, by the time I went online to see the appraisal It was past the point of protesting.

Anyway, this year the value went up over 15% from last year. It went over an arbitrary but significant number compared to my neighbors. As I looked closely as to why that was I saw they were off on the sq ft

I filed a protest. I'm not protesting the cost per sq foot. I will give them that (same as everyone on my street).

I do want them to go back last year and correct the value and then cap my value this year at 10% off of last year's appropriate value.

Talking to some friends in the know, they feel this should be a simple solution.

Fingers crossed
Brazos Born
Several Cameron area folks post here, albeit rarely.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.