Going back to a truck and need advice
1,128 Views | 6 Replies
cityagboy
12:11p, 4/13/24
Looking for advice

I bought a mid-size 3 row SUV a couple years ago because I thought I would use the extra seats with family stuff. Turns out I need a truck more often than I need the extra seats. I also simply miss the extra elbow and head space up front.

Looking for a used truck under $45k and under 50k miles. 4x4. Crew cab. It doesn't need all the bells and whistles but I also don't want a work truck. Not an HD

I have had the 3.5 eco boost before and would be open to that again or a similar V6 but I won't go smaller than that. So either that or a V8

Thoughts? Advice?
bam02
1:19p, 4/13/24
In reply to cityagboy
You can get a pretty nice Nissan Titan 4wd for a good bit under that price with 50k miles. Or get one with fewer miles for $45k.

aggie_wes
3:15p, 4/13/24
Titan pro-4x
Kraft Punk
3:21p, 4/13/24
6.2L F250 if you don't haul trailers often

Think of it as an upgraded f150

The v6 f150s are dog****
HouseDivided06
4:05p, 4/13/24
Titan Platinum Reserve. In a similar boat. I had a 2021 Titan Platinum reserve that I really liked. Interior is awesome and very comfortable to drive. Looked at Sierra's when I sold my 2012 F150 but you can get a newer and lower mile Titan with nicer interior for less. Unfortunately, my Titan got totaled last weekend, so I'm in the process of getting a new one once insurance issues me a check. Did the same thing I did last time and looked at all options: Titan, Sierra, F150, Silverado, Yukon, and Tahoe. Just keep coming back to the Titan. Bang for the buck, it's really hard to beat.
PharmD4
4:14p, 4/13/24
In reply to cityagboy
Definitely relate. I switched from F150 to a GX last year, and I've been shocked how often Ive missed not having a bed. I also totally underestimated the amount of storage under the rear seat in a truck.

As far as your question, I see plenty of sub $40k options that meet your criteria. Shouldn't have too much trouble finding something.
Logos Stick
3:23p, 4/14/24
In reply to cityagboy
Ford truck transmissions are crap now. Hard shifting garbage. My 2023 was garbage and so is my son's 2021.

I don't really like the way Tundras look, but that's what I would look at.

I know nothing about Chevy or GMC.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off