Olympic Automotive in Bryan
745 Views | 5 Replies
tree91
4:04p, 4/30/24
At the beginning of this school year, my daughter turned onto a dark street and did not see the median in the middle of the street that she turned onto. If you have been around College Station or Bryan lately, you have seen these medians that look more like tank stops. Long story short, she ripped a hole in her oil pan. Not good. (2008 Volvo C70)

I had seen folks on TexAgs say good things about Olympic, so I had her tow the car there for repair. Olympic replaced the oil pan, and she was good to go.

Over spring break, I noticed that she was leaking oil so I got under the car and saw that the oil pan gasket was leaking. She took it back to Olympic since they had a 1-year warranty on repairs and parts. Olympic completed fixing the gasket on Friday, told her to drive it for a week, and come back for them to check it again.

No one is perfect, and oil pan gaskets can be a PITA. However, it is not everyday that you run into a shop with the integrity to stand by their work - and to have her come back to check that everything is OK!

Shout out to Olympic Automotive! This is a good shop with integrity.
Jbob04
7:19a, 5/1/24
In reply to tree91
They are good people! During college I worked at carquest on university and I delivered to them often. I also used them to do work on my vehicle during that time after hours.
Milwaukees Best Light
7:57a, 5/1/24
I used them back when I was in school and they were great back then. Good to hear they are still doing it right.
Ag for Life
8:46a, 5/1/24
In reply to Milwaukees Best Light
Milwaukees Best Light said:

I used them back when I was in school and they were great back then. Good to hear they are still doing it right.

Me too. Good to know there are still honest shops around with so many horrible ones (christian bros, all dealerships)
Aldo the Apache
1:37p, 5/1/24
Olympic has been around for decades, true local Bryanites that deserve good business! No one in BCS that I trust more, other than Sevcik's in College Station.
Birddog
10:21a, 5/2/24
In reply to tree91
tree91 said:

At the beginning of this school year, my daughter turned onto a dark street and did not see the median in the middle of the street that she turned onto. If you have been around College Station or Bryan lately, you have seen these medians that look more like tank stops. Long story short, she ripped a hole in her oil pan. Not good. (2008 Volvo C70)

I had seen folks on TexAgs say good things about Olympic, so I had her tow the car there for repair. Olympic replaced the oil pan, and she was good to go.

Over spring break, I noticed that she was leaking oil so I got under the car and saw that the oil pan gasket was leaking. She took it back to Olympic since they had a 1-year warranty on repairs and parts. Olympic completed fixing the gasket on Friday, told her to drive it for a week, and come back for them to check it again.

No one is perfect, and oil pan gaskets can be a PITA. However, it is not everyday that you run into a shop with the integrity to stand by their work - and to have her come back to check that everything is OK!

Shout out to Olympic Automotive! This is a good shop with integrity.

This is a good post for the "People Making a Difference" sticky thread on the Aggieland Board.

I have used Olympic and received similar service. When you send your kids off to college and things go sideways, these are the type of people you need to know about.

CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings