Cold Air Intake - K*N
992 Views | 9 Replies
agracer
11:08a, 5/2/24
Before I post, I will admit this is completely my fault for not opening the hood, but the Ram 1500 I purchased I realized when I got home has a K&N Cold Air Intake system installed.

From research I've done, the K&N Air Filters are junk and avoid at all costs.

I've called the dealer but not gotten a call back yet to check if this will void my warranty.

The Chrysler extended warranty site actually has a page on this (cant' tell if this site is actually Chrysler or some shell warranty company - I suspect the latter)

Quote:

A manufacturer can only void your warranty if the aftermarket modification was the cause of the warranty claim.
If the dealer comes back and says it will void my warranty, I guess I could ask them to put it back since they sold it that way, but I don't expect that to fly.

Cost to put it back would be about $320 in parts (intake housing and intake trunk) and maybe an hour of my time.

StockHorseAg
11:19a, 5/2/24
Are you going to keep the K&N sticker on your back glass? That adds a lot to the cool factor of your pickup. At least that's what my Mexican friends tell me.
agnerd
11:37a, 5/2/24
1. Post free K&N intake on craiglist for 20__ Ram 1500.
2. Include $320 core charge if they don't have an OEM intake for you.
3. Install OEM intake.
4. profit
Furlock Bones
11:47a, 5/2/24
In reply to agracer
you people have to stop calling the stealership about these things. but, yea i would get rid of the hot air intake.

post on facebook that you are "returning your truck to stock" does anyone have a OEM intake?
agracer
12:39p, 5/2/24
In reply to agnerd
agnerd said:

3. Install OEM intake.
4. profit
Didn't think of that, that's actually not a terrible idea. Just not sure what kind of idiots might respond.
Tim Weaver
2:05p, 5/2/24
In reply to agracer
agracer said:

agnerd said:

3. Install OEM intake.
4. profit
Didn't think of that, that's actually not a terrible idea. Just not sure what kind of idiots might respond.
The kind that put K&N's on their trucks! Duh!
ac04
2:12p, 5/2/24
very unlikely that will void your warranty IMO. especially since they sold it to you like that.
TecRecAg
3:05p, 5/2/24
Buy an S&B and move on with your life.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
6:54p, 5/2/24
A) K&N is actually not garbage
B) all you have to do is the research and learn that it can not void your warranty. See Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act
C) live a little an enjoy your free upgrade.
southernboy1
8:39p, 5/2/24
If you have to oil the filter, trash it.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings