9:50a, 7/17/10
Let's not fear tradition.
Batzarro
10:04a, 7/17/10
Face
10:08a, 7/17/10
ELGINAG
10:36a, 7/17/10
I'm a gonna make you a waffle you can't refuse.
AAM02
11:42a, 7/17/10
While I'm pro-waffle, the thought of Kyle Field Kolaches overflowing with Slovacek sausage seems so natural.
1st Generation Ag
1:25p, 7/17/10
When someone asks you if you make waffles, you say YES!
Ancalagon06
9:42p, 7/17/10
Messenger: Choose your breakfast carefully, Leonidas. They may be your last as king.

King Leonidas: "Pancakes or Waffles"?

Messenger: Madman! You're a madman!

King Leonidas: Pancakes and Waffles? You'll find plenty of both down there.

Messenger: No man, Aggie or t-sip, no man threatens a messenger!

King Leonidas: You bring the wafle irons and griddles of former head coaches to my football stadium. You insult my AD. You threaten my people with joining the PAC-10! Oh, I've chosen my words carefully, t-sip. Perhaps you should have done the same!

Messenger: This is blasphemy! This is madness!

King Leonidas: Madness...?

King Leonidas: This is WAFFLES!

[This message has been edited by Ancalagon06 (edited 7/17/2010 8:43p).]
Stasco
12:42p, 7/18/10
I was waffle maker of this county when I was twenty-five years old. Hard to believe. My grandfather was a waffle maker; father too. Me and him was waffle makers at the same time; him up in Plano and me out here. I think he's pretty proud of that. I know I was. Some of the old time wafflers never even ate a pancake. A lotta folks find that hard to believe. Jim Scarborough'd never ate one; that's the younger Jim. Gaston Boykins wouldn't eat one up in Camanche County. I always liked to hear about the oldtimers. Never missed a chance to do so. You can't help but compare yourself against the oldtimers. Can't help but wonder how theyd've operated these times. There was this boy I sent to the IHOP at Huntsville here a while back. My arrest and my testimony. He cook't a fourteen pound pancake. Papers said it was a crime of passion but he told me there wasn't any passion to it. Told me that he'd been planning to cook one for about as long as he could remember. Said that if they turned him out he'd do it again. Said he knew he was going to hell. "Be there in about fifteen minutes". I don't know what to make of that. I sure don't. The crime you see now, it's hard to even take its measure. It's not that I'm afraid of it. I always knew you had to be willing to die to even do this job. But, I don't want to push my syrup forward and go out and meet something I don't understand. A man would have to put his waffles at hazard. He'd have to say, "O.K., I'll be part of this world."
Jack Squat 83
1:22p, 7/18/10
The mention of waffles always brings to mind an experience at a Waffle House in Tennessee.

The waitress kept falling asleep (standing up) as she tried to take our order. After several minutes she finally seemed to get it and never turned it in to the cook. We finally left and went across the interstate to another one. They were awake in that one. Weird, but pretty damn funny too. Pretty sure she was stoned or something.

Disclaimer: This post was not intended in any way to undermine/diminish the seriousness of this thread. Carry on.
HeyMoe
1:54p, 7/18/10
This is obviously a job for Waffle Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LicptUy9Ay4

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BigN--00
8:10p, 7/18/10
quote:
The breakfast police would get him just the same. He had committed--would have committed, even if he had never set batter to griddle--the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Wafflecrime, they called it. Wafflecrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever. You might dodge successfully for a while, even for years, but sooner or later they were bound to get you.
BigN--00
8:15p, 7/18/10
quote:
Shoot all the pancakes you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember it's a sin to kill a waffles.
Face
9:37a, 7/20/10

So, ladies and gentlemen... if I say I'm a waffle man you will agree. You have a great chance here, but bear in mind, you can lose it all if you're not careful. Out of all men that beg for a chance to make your breakfasts, maybe one in twenty will be waffle men; the rest will be speculators-that's men trying to get between you and the waffles-to get some of the syrup that ought by rights come to you. Even if you find one that has syrup, and means to cook, he'll maybe know nothing about cooking and he'll have to hire out the job on contract, and then you're depending on a short-order cook that's trying to rush the waffle through so he can get another order just as quick as he can. This is... the way that this works.
Lucas Jackson
12:22p, 7/20/10
Moderator:
As you can see, we've had our eye on you for some time now, Mr. Anderson. It seems that you've been living two lives. In one life, you're Thomas A. Anderson, a short order cook for a respectable IHOP. You have a social security number, you pay your taxes, and you … help your landlady carry out her garbage. The other life is lived on Texags, where you go by the alias "Face" and are guilty of virtually every posting crime we have rules for. One of these lives has a future, and one of them does not.

I'm going to be as forthcoming as I can be, Mr. Anderson. You're here because we need your help. We know that you've been contacted by a certain individual, a man who calls himself Lucas Jackson. Now, whatever you think you know about this man is irrelevant. He is considered by many moderators to be the most dangerous poster alive. My colleagues believe that I'm wasting my time with you, but I believe you wish to do the right thing. We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. And all that we're asking for in return is your cooperation in bringing a known waffle eater to justice.

Face:
Yeah. Well, that sounds like a pretty good deal. But I think I may have a better one. How about, I give you "the finger" and you give me my waffles.

Face
12:40p, 7/20/10
Throughout human history, we have been dependent on waffles to survive. Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony.
AggieSean
6:33p, 10/14/10
AggieSean
6:41p, 5/6/11
Bumped for Kasey Kelso
Beach Bum
7:29p, 5/6/11
whoopy
10:05p, 5/6/11
Today, is our waffle day!
jagvocate
10:46p, 5/6/11
One small step for Waffles, one giant leap for The Snake Pit!
whoopy
11:42p, 5/6/11
quote:
one giant fly for mankind

fify

Parties happen...
Motel California
11:59p, 5/6/11
rrj2012
1:29p, 5/7/11
AAM02
2:44p, 5/7/11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgOKrmdqjug&t=0m16s

Still no solution.
rroller
1:37a, 5/8/11
deceptivespeed14
2:26a, 5/8/11
waffles without question!
PCV Ag
4:20a, 5/8/11
CoppellAg2009
6:04p, 5/8/11
ctownaggie
6:18p, 5/8/11
Ag2012
6:32p, 5/8/11
caveman-economist
6:44p, 5/8/11
AggieSean
8:41p, 5/8/11
There's what's waffles and what's pancakes and never the twain shall meet.
The Fife
8:45a, 5/9/11
Only 12 Waffle Houses around Charleston. We need MOAR!!!
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 6 of 8
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings