Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

tech releases statement: stink bait, not feces

15,757 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by bigred532
Ragnar Danneskjold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A&M releases statement: scoreboard in your house for eternity. Havent beaten us in literally any sport in 3 years.

Texas Tech issued a statement on Monday in response to Texas A&M athletic director Bill Byrne’s Twitter post on Saturday that read, “Someone vandalized our buses in Lubbock. Excrement inside and outside of buses plus spray painted vulgarities on outside. Classy.”

The statement reads:

“Many of you are aware of a tweet from a Texas A&M official that their team buses were spray painted and animal feces were spread inside of the buses early Saturday morning. The clear implication of the tweet was that this was the responsibility of Texas Tech fans or students. Texas Tech has conducted an investigation regarding this allegation, and has discovered the following:

* The buses were not spray painted. Instead, washable shoe polish was used on the windows of one of the buses.
* No feces were found either in or on the buses. Fish bait was dropped onto the floor of one of the buses.
* The alleged “vandalism” was cleaned by the bus drivers and Holiday Inn staff before it was seen by the A&M official who tweeted the information.

While incidents such as the ones alleged are inappropriate and strongly condemned by Texas Tech, it is no less wrong to condemn the entirety of our university, students and supporters by posting inaccurate information on the internet for the purpose of sensationalizing the actions of one or a very few. We are disturbed by the careless use of social media to share these inaccuracies.”

[This message has been edited by Ragnar Danneskjold (edited 10/10/2011 7:00p).]
texasvet
Shoe polish vs spray paint, fish bait vs feces.................someone should have done some more research!
Ragnar Danneskjold
i see no reason to believe the tech "investigation" account as several newspapers reported feces and spray paint.
Fleen
quote:
While incidents such as the ones alleged are inappropriate and strongly condemned by Texas Tech, it is no less wrong to condemn the entirety of our university, students and supporters by posting inaccurate information on the internet for the purpose of sensationalizing the actions of one or a very few. We are disturbed by the careless use of social media to share these inaccuracies.”

To all the tech poster's that have cried about the condemnation of tech behavior, this spins more than a merry-go-round... Open the eyes...
ಠ__ಠ
ಠ__ಠ

[This message has been edited by ಠ__ಠ (edited 10/10/2011 7:14p).]
dachsie
Ok - the buses werent spray painted but shoe polished, no feces but fish bait, but there was ALLEDGED vandalism. Say what???
Zorro
The news outlets that reported feces and spray paint did so solely on the basis of Byrne's tweet. His tweet has proven to be errant, according to the bus drivers and Holiday Inn staff. They cleaned the bus (singular; only one bus was involved) before he even saw it. Similar to a junior high girl, he fabricated the content of his tweet in order to sensationalize it in the national media. He was successful in so doing.

¡ Z !
oldjohnny
So, they admit that they did something wrong, but somehow they are the victims? Jeez!
Unemployed
AG
quote:
The news outlets that reported feces and spray paint did so solely on the basis of Byrne's tweet. His tweet has proven to be errant, according to the bus drivers and Holiday Inn staff. They cleaned the bus (singular; only one bus was involved) before he even saw it. Similar to a junior high girl, he fabricated the content of his tweet in order to sensationalize it in the national media. He was successful in so doing.

The bus was still vandalized, no?
Zorro
Your AD said that your rented buses were "vandalized." In reality, it was only one bus, and it had a little shoe polish on the windows and some fish bait inside, which were quickly and easily cleaned up.

There is no evidence of who (or how many) may have been involved in this heinous crime.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Oh.......

Just fish bait and shoe polish vulgarities....

Clearly no foul....

But wait- was it catfish stank bait???

[This message has been edited by thome22 (edited 10/10/2011 7:23p).]
BoozerRed78
AG
So ya'll don't suck as bad as reported?
Unemployed
AG
quote:
In reality, it was only one bus, and it had a little shoe polish on the windows and some fish bait inside, which were quickly and easily cleaned up.

So it was vandalized. Thanks for agreeing with me.
p_bubel
What's heinous is people still caring about this garbage.

Moving on. So long Tech, wish I could say you'll be missed.
texasvet
A lot of thin skin on this board!
TempleAg97
AG
Glad to be done with these peeenis envy losers. I actually was not angry about this. I feel sorry for them. They live in a place that always smells like sheet, in the middle of nowhere, and couldn't get into a real university. How do you expect them to act?
Forever Scoreboard
Hi red raiders.

Bye red raiders.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Who rode home in that stanky bus!! Bet it was bad...
jks08
AG
Apparently it was an hospitable act, since the fish bait actually smells better than the lubbock air
AgLaw02
AG
1. The statement from Tech officials quoted by OP complains Byrne implicated Tech fans or students. Bynre never accused Tech students or fans for the vandalism. He said "someone."

2. Washable shoe polish on the windows and stink bait... If true, that's pretty light weight vandalism. There are enough documented cases of Tech classlessness that I don't think it's worth bothering with this one.
VirginiaAggie
AG
Why can't they just admit that vandalism did in fact occur and apologize?

Wouldn't that be the honest, mature thing to do?
Marcus Aurelius
AG
They should have owned up to the feces report....

That takes cajones to take a dump on our bus....

Sounds like something I got in trouble for......

Errrrr nevermimd.....
thats what I do
AG
Why are they issuing statements at all? Byrne never said anything about Tech. He was responding to a large number of inquiries.

Shouldn't Kent Hance be off somewhere servicing Deloss Dodds?
boxerdemon
If it was catfish stink bait...

...I'd rather inhale horseshit, in all honesty. Stink bait is nasty.
bbb78
AG
Cheborneck?

Huh?

What's that?

Looks like fish bait.

iShark
I think this thread was over when scoreboard was mentioned. No clue why this is such a big deal. Its over. Gluck to tech. Whatever. Blah blah
InternetFan02
AG
So did Byrne intentionally spread misinformation to fire up the team or is he just incompetent?
jdavis97
AG
I agree, Virginia. It's still unlawful to enter a vehicle that isn't your own. Even their administrators are f---in losers.
AggieMainland
The tards def got bad PR from this if true. Fish bait and shoe polish would have never been mentioned during the middle of the game and its hardly anything to write about. Those idiots do enough crap that there is no reason to make stuff like this up. Disappointed in Bill but I know he probably never wanted it to get this much attention.
Zorro
Read the statement. Texas Tech strongly condemned the action; however, why should Texas Tech apologize when nobody has any idea who committed this foul and evil action?

Byrne completely misrepresented the truth with regard to the paint, the excrement, and the number of buses involved.

His code-word "classy" was intended to implicate Texas Tech, in reference to the phrase from the censored and recalled 2002 A&M football media guide.

¡ Z !
Forever Scoreboard
thats what I do
AG
quote:
So did Byrne intentionally spread misinformation to fire up the team or is he just incompetent?

He was reporting what he was told. And he never accused Tech. I guess they read the sarcastic "Classy" and saw themselves in it.

So funny that people are trying to blame him. A&M didn't even issue a statement. He confirmed it on Twitter and people are saying he's making a big deal about it?

[This message has been edited by thats what I do (edited 10/10/2011 7:49p).]
viva torrente
Putting stink bait in a bus is pretty nasty.

dachsie
Uh Zorro, while it is true no one knows the perpetrators, it is quite obvious it was a TT supporter. You think the Aggies would vandalize their own bus? Get your logic cap on.
boxerdemon
Zorro, when your school joins the AAU, you can talk smack.

Till then, you're gonna be treated like a hyperactive eight year old who didn't take his good boy pills before the family reunion and just HAS to comment on what everyone is talking about.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.