NCAA adds helmets comms and 2 min warnig
3,435 Views | 12 Replies
Batty
12:06p, 4/20/24
Not sure if the helmet communications is bc of the B1G scandal or if it was already in the works, either way I'm for it. The 2 min warning sounds to me just another way to add in more commercials. What are the differences between the NFl and college now other than receiving?

https://footballscoop.com/news/official-ncaa-bringing-technology-to-sidelines-2-minute-warning-to-college-football
AgTrip
12:29p, 4/20/24
Haven't you seen the commercial last season? That deaf qb couldn't hear the coach yelling for the audible and got sacked for a loss so they had to develop a way to communicate through the helmet!
General Jack D. Ripper
4:43p, 4/20/24
Just more of turning CFB into a farm league for the NFL. So sad.
greg.w.h
5:11p, 4/20/24
Back to no pads and leather helmets!!!
kag00
9:58p, 4/20/24
Oh great, a 2 min warning. Just another 2 min commercial break.
W
10:03p, 4/20/24
3-minute commercial break
W
10:03p, 4/20/24
actually 3-minute 40-second commercial break
GigEmReggie
7:32a, 4/24/24
In reply to W
W said:

actually 3-minute 40-second commercial break
lol right. I would love commercial breaks being 2 minutes.
BLSmith04
2:24p, 4/24/24
Hate adding the two minute warning. Just like the rule changes they put in before last season, it's just a way for them to cram more commercials and less football into the broadcast.
NyAggie
4:22p, 4/24/24
I always hated the 2 min warning because it breaks up the most exciting part of the game
htxag09
4:24p, 4/24/24
In reply to Batty
Batty said:

Not sure if the helmet communications is bc of the B1G scandal or if it was already in the works, either way I'm for it. The 2 min warning sounds to me just another way to add in more commercials. What are the differences between the NFl and college now other than receiving?

https://footballscoop.com/news/official-ncaa-bringing-technology-to-sidelines-2-minute-warning-to-college-football
NFL has less commercials?
rootube
4:42p, 4/24/24
In reply to General Jack D. Ripper
General Jack D. Ripper said:

Just more of turning CFB into a farm league for the NFL. So sad.

Do you prefer the Michigan sign stealing fiasco last year?
OrygunAg
10:28p, 4/29/24
Can all yhe players ha e comms? If so you never need a huddle again. Line up have your oc staff check the defense and then realign
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings