***Young Americans Soccer thread***
82,498 Views | 730 Replies
akm91
8:17p, 1/18/20
Reyna got 18 minutes today with BVB! He subbed on for Hazard and promptly got a yellow card 4 minutes later.

He's following similar trajectory as Pulisic!
fig96
12:32a, 1/28/20
So he's not a Young American anymore but...

KCup17
10:41a, 1/29/20
I remember the good ol' days where Stu was playing for the Dynamo and they were actually good...

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but is there a Winter Transfers thread? Just curious about which players are going where.
Rudyjax
1:17p, 1/31/20
wangus12
3:25p, 1/31/20
Antonee Robinson was going to AC Milan and was in Italy doing his medical when Wigan apparently tried to change the deal so the move is now off
PatAg
3:27p, 1/31/20
I read that he required additional medical tests that wouldn't be done before the deadline.
oh no
3:33p, 1/31/20
crazy because i saw video of him in Milan this morning on twitter.. then i check later and the deal is off.
Pahdz
8:45p, 1/31/20
In reply to fig96
Last time I really watched PL purposely was when Stu was over there. Man it pisses me off the freak injuries that ruined his career
jeffk
3:41p, 2/2/20
Any clue why Josh Sargent isn't getting minutes?
TRM
4:44p, 2/2/20
In reply to jeffk
Isn't he injured?
PatAg
4:56p, 2/2/20
The team is strugglign, they are probably just trying anything to see if it works. I've actually watched a handful of their games. In my opinion, he is not the problem. I think a lot of hot takes you see online are people either just watching clips, or parroting what they see others write
Rudyjax
7:22a, 2/3/20
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

He started last week and if you have nothing to say positive say nothing.

He's not getting a lot of service and when he does he's just not getting it done. He's a young player and they go up and down.
PatAg
12:26p, 2/3/20
In reply to Rudyjax
Foxymophandlemama said:

jeffk said:

He started last week and if you have nothing to say positive say nothing. .

What are you on about?
Rudyjax
12:36p, 2/3/20
In reply to PatAg
I meant to edit that part.

Rudyjax
4:19p, 2/4/20

Wow.

Sargent and Reyna on the pitch together today.
boogieman
4:36p, 2/4/20
That Gio goal is
PatAg
4:57p, 2/4/20
PatAg
4:58p, 2/4/20

all touches
oh no
6:47p, 2/4/20
akm91
12:30p, 2/5/20
Here's Gio's goal

oh no
12:39p, 2/5/20
that goal has been tweeted or retweeted by just about every soccer-related account I follow and so many former and current USMNT players. amazing moment for that kid.
jeffk
1:04p, 2/5/20
Such a great play.
Rudyjax
1:49p, 2/5/20
In reply to oh no
oh no said:

that goal has been tweeted or retweeted by just about every soccer-related account I follow and so many former and current USMNT players. amazing moment for that kid.

Posted 3xs on this thread.
oh no
4:15p, 2/10/20
https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-states-usa/story/4046848/state-of-the-usmnt-assessing-the-us-on-talent-identification-player-development-and-tactical-evolution

some good commentary on talent ID, the DA, and MLS academies in the second half of this article. first part has some discussion of the current senior MNT player pool and talent level and mentions some of the younger guys coming up.
deadbq03
1:46p, 2/11/20
It's exciting to think what might be possible in 2026... assuming of course that USSF gets it's act together.
akm91
3:59p, 2/18/20
Reyna plays 20+ minutes in the first leg of Dortmunds match against PSG and provides the assist for the game winner.

Rudyjax
4:53p, 2/18/20
In reply to akm91
Youngest American to play in Champions league.
PatAg
6:16p, 2/18/20
Haaland is insanely good
akm91
7:43a, 2/19/20
In reply to PatAg
Love the half-turn by Reyna as he receives the ball to continue driving at the defense. That's what we need the USMNT players to do on a consistent basis.

Haland slowing down to let the ball cross his body to get to his left foot is what experienced pro's do. His technique and knowledge of the game is way beyond his years!

Haland has scored 10 goals in Champions League, against Genk, Napoli, Liverpool and PSG, tied at the top with Lewandowski.
oh no
8:13a, 2/19/20
I think I saw a tweet yesterday that Haland has scored more Champions League goals this year than Barcelona!
akm91
9:50a, 2/19/20
In reply to oh no
Suarez leads Barca with 3 Champions league goals. Would not be surprising Haland has scored more than Barca.
Rudyjax
10:13a, 2/19/20
In reply to akm91
akm91 said:

Suarez leads Barca with 3 Champions league goals. Would not be surprising Haland has scored more than Barca.

Yep.
PatAg
8:23p, 2/19/20
In reply to akm91
akm91 said:

Love the half-turn by Reyna as he receives the ball to continue driving at the defense. That's what we need the USMNT players to do on a consistent basis.

Haland slowing down to let the ball cross his body to get to his left foot is what experienced pro's do. His technique and knowledge of the game is way beyond his years!

Haland has scored 10 goals in Champions League, against Genk, Napoli, Liverpool and PSG, tied at the top with Lewandowski.
That's the style and mentality our U-20 world cup team played with, and most of them demonstrate at their clubs. and the world cup was against teams where their lineups are all either starting or getting big minutes at top european leagues. Wish there was a way to fast forward to next year and see the National Team play
KCup17
11:28a, 2/24/20
News out of England is that they are monitoring the progress of Gio Reyna in hopes of getting him to switch to play for the England national team.

Gio was born in Sunderland making him eligible to play for them. Lived there till he was 5 and then moved back to the states. Interesting to see what may happen.
COOL LASER FALCON
11:48a, 2/24/20
In reply to KCup17
that sounds dangerously close to treading on us.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 9 of 21
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings