Wrexham AFC
41,360 Views | 564 Replies
Legal Custodian
10:43a, 4/10/23
I bet the racecourse is going nuts. Can't wait to watch the highlights
deadbq03
10:51a, 4/10/23
Notts keeper with an amazing save on an absolute sitter.

Atmosphere is super tense.
deadbq03
10:53a, 4/10/23
6 mins of stoppage.
Legal Custodian
10:59a, 4/10/23
Penalty to Notts to try and tie it up in the 90' +6
deadbq03
10:59a, 4/10/23
Penalty given to Notts on a handball
deadbq03
11:00a, 4/10/23
Saved!
deadbq03
11:00a, 4/10/23
Game over 3-2
Legal Custodian
11:02a, 4/10/23
Wow! Just following along on twitter it was crazy, can't imagine watching it or being there live.
Rudyjax
11:05a, 4/10/23
Wow...that's going to make great tv.
deadbq03
11:09a, 4/10/23
In reply to Legal Custodian
Legal Custodian said:

Wow! Just following along on twitter it was crazy, can't imagine watching it or being there live.
I was a bit reluctant to make the purchase after their site flaked on me for the first half, but I've certainly spent $12 in worse ways than this.

Really fun game.
Rudyjax
11:15a, 4/10/23
Poor Notts County. They don't have Deadpool/TikTok/Expedia/Mint Mobile/ASIP money, and are probably going to get 106-109 points, and have to play in the playoff.

Legal Custodian
11:16a, 4/10/23
In reply to Rudyjax
Chuck Cunningham said:

Wow...that's going to make great tv.
Season 2 is going to be amazing. The dominance of the early-mid season, the run in the FA cup, the Ben Foster signing, the shock loss to Halifax, and then this game.

Magic number is 7 points. Need 2 wins and a draw out of the last 4 matches to wrap up the championship and promotion!
Legal Custodian
11:17a, 4/10/23
In reply to Rudyjax
Think I saw the record for points in a season in the National League is 106. Could easily have 2 teams surpass that this year.
walton91
11:20a, 4/10/23
Here is the save...
deadbq03
11:30a, 4/10/23
In reply to Rudyjax
Chuck Cunningham said:

Poor Notts County. They don't have Deadpool/TikTok/Expedia/Mint Mobile/ASIP money, and are probably going to get 106-109 points, and have to play in the playoff.

It is madness that either of these might not get promoted, but you don't need to feel like this is David/Goliath.

Two clubs are quite similar in history. Both had supporters trust ownership recently. Both have been recently acquired by ambitious owners.

Notts' owners also run a football analysis company, so the club has access to a tremendous amount of scouting knowledge.

Announcers said both clubs would thrive in League 2 with their current rosters.
Rudyjax
11:39a, 4/10/23
In reply to deadbq03
deadbq03 said:

Chuck Cunningham said:

It is madness that either of these might not get promoted, but you don't need to feel like this is David/Goliath.

Two clubs are quite similar in history. Both had supporters trust ownership recently. Both have been recently acquired by ambitious owners.

Notts' owners also run a football analysis company, so the club has access to a tremendous amount of scouting knowledge.

Definitely not a David/Goliath but there's no way they have the $$ Wrexham does.
Rudyjax
11:40a, 4/10/23
In reply to walton91
walton91 said:

Here is the save...

That wasn't a horrible PK either.
deadbq03
11:40a, 4/10/23
In reply to Rudyjax
That's probably true. I saw that Rob/Ryan have funneled $10MM into the club so far - above and beyond the initial purchase.
Legal Custodian
12:07p, 4/10/23
I am curious on the financial fair play aspect of this whole deal. I would assume that the production company (run by Ryan and Rob) pays the club a fee for the rights to use the image and likeness in the docuseries? They can probably charge whatever to offset a lot of that cost.
deadbq03
1:01p, 4/10/23
In reply to Legal Custodian
I don't think there's such a thing at that level.

https://theathletic.com/4341087/2023/03/25/fear-and-losses-in-the-national-league-clubs-of-our-size-generally-lose-around-1m-a-year/
deadbq03
2:07p, 4/10/23
A longer vid of the PK save.

Dre_00
2:56p, 4/10/23
Had no clue that Ben Foster signed for Wrexham.
deadbq03
3:29p, 4/10/23
In reply to Dre_00
They lured him out of retirement a few weeks ago after Lainton got injured. They were able to register him immediately outside a window because he was a free transfer.

Lots of folks criticized it as a PR stunt for both him and the club and thought there would be no way he'd actually be useful being out of the game for so long.
carl spacklers hat
3:33p, 4/10/23
In reply to deadbq03
That's crazy, and AWESOME!
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
BIMS O1
3:33p, 4/10/23
That was such a good penalty save. Looks like it deflected off the right then left hand. They couldn't have asked for a better script for next season (assuming they can finish and get promoted).
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tylercsbn9
3:41p, 4/10/23
What a freaking game. That PK save was just incredible
Aston94
3:55p, 4/10/23
In reply to Dre_00
Dre_00 said:

Had no clue that Ben Foster signed for Wrexham.
They did a signing for the remainder of the year and brought him out of retirement just a month ago or so. Whatever they paid him he earned on that PK save!
ChipFTAC01
4:01p, 4/10/23
Is he the old Watford goalie?
Aston94
4:01p, 4/10/23
In reply to deadbq03
deadbq03 said:

Chuck Cunningham said:

Looking at the Table for the league these two are definitely the Goliaths of that league. Wrexham has 103 points, Notts County has 100 and then third place Woking has 75. Whoever finishes 2nd should make it via the playoff, but you never know when it is a playoff format.
Rudyjax
4:02p, 4/10/23
In reply to Aston94
They should make it through but this is a crazy game and you don't want to leave that to bad luck.
deadbq03
4:03p, 4/10/23
The world needs more people who know how to be good winners.

tylercsbn9
4:19p, 4/10/23
In reply to ChipFTAC01
ChipFTAC01 said:

Is he the old Watford goalie?

Yes

The next season will be absolutely incredible television if they don't falter the next few weeks. The various storylines will just be off the charts. Foster being the latest.
Ag Since 83
4:36p, 4/10/23
Foster actually played for Wrexham on loan for half a season 18 years ago, right before he joined Man Utd.
Aston94
4:41p, 4/10/23
In reply to Ag Since 83
Ag Since 83 said:

Foster actually played for Wrexham on loan for half a season 18 years ago, right before he joined Man Utd.
After that save he will forever be a part of Wrexham lore. That was absolutely one of the best pk saves I have ever seen. Amazing.
tysker
5:18p, 4/10/23
In reply to deadbq03
deadbq03 said:

The world needs more people who know how to be good winners.

Torturous beautiful game. So true
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 7 of 17
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off