*** 2023 Houston Dynamo FC Thread ***
9,206 Views | 115 Replies
djmeen95
7:48p, 2/25/23
New season, new coach, 13 new players, new stadium name and upgrades, new "El Sol" kit - but has anything changed?

OR

Let's find out…. #HoldItDown
Forum Troll
8:47p, 2/25/23
Missed most of the game. Watched the highlights. Created plenty of decent chances and didn't score except for a corner. Dominated possession.
djmeen95
8:57p, 2/25/23
In reply to Forum Troll
Match result was disappointing BUT I think the club gave it a good go despite some obvious issues in the passing game. We made them work to keep the lead and had shots to pull even.

Gotta solidify the back line play but corner kicks were a highlight. We looked real solid on those set pieces.

Quinones definitely added speed to our attack tonight when he came in second half. Herrera started off slow but seemed to get into the flow after first 15 mins or so.

Considering we replaced 13 guys and played a tough road match, I can't get too pissed about the loss. But it did feel like we could have had a chance to steal one if it weren't for some real brain dead moments.
Forum Troll
8:58p, 2/25/23
In reply to djmeen95
HH delivers a nice ball on set pieces.
KCup17
9:18a, 2/26/23
We need a new goalie. Clark is about 4 years past his prime.
djmeen95
10:14a, 2/26/23
In reply to KCup17
KCup17 said:

Agree. Wish they'd have brought in someone to challenge for that spot. Clark looked slow and old out there on a couple of shots that weren't exactly indefensible.
FW_DeClerk
10:22a, 2/26/23
In reply to djmeen95
djmeen95 said:

KCup17 said:

Agree. Wish they'd have brought in someone to challenge for that spot. Clark looked slow and old out there on a couple of shots that weren't exactly indefensible.

The Dominican dude is supposed to be the future
SoccerAg
6:50p, 3/5/23
lol how is the HH signing doing now? Dude does nothing and is waste of the DP slot
djmeen95
5:18p, 3/8/23
Not sure what the team does, but I do love the move to more H-Town food places!

https://www.houstondynamofc.com/news/houston-dynamo-football-club-expands-local-offerings-at-shell-energy-stadium-wit

Quote:

Houston Dynamo Football Club (HDFC) announced partnerships with 10 local restaurants today as part of the recently publicized collaboration with world-renowned chef Hugo Ortega.

Hugo's - Section 115
Urbe - Section 122
Trill Burgers - Section 130
Taquerias Arandas - Section 134
Roegels Barbecue - Sections 111 and 121
Roostar Vietnamese Grill - Section 139
Churrascos - Section 120
Williams Smokehouse BBQ and Blues - Section 130
Elotes Bravos - Section 137
Vinny's Pizza - Section 107

KCup17
8:05p, 3/8/23
Bottom feeders once again this season. Unless somehow we find our feet and score goals but it's looking like it will be a long season.
djmeen95
2:55p, 3/17/23
Home opener tomorrow! A refreshed stadium, new food options, replica stadium giveaway… but here's hoping the team takes one at home!

KCup17
10:04p, 3/18/23
So who wants to talk about the game tonight?
Forum Troll
10:12p, 3/18/23
3 points, 2 goals, clean sheet, first MLS goal for HH.
djmeen95
11:20p, 3/18/23
Great second half. Also great to see Hector get one in the net. We probably should have had at least one more score if not two. It was a fun night out there tonight!

djmeen95
9:36a, 3/26/23
Don't look now - but we got another win at home!

Two in a row and aside from that, the team is looking better on the pitch and the food in stadium is really good! So glass half full for me, lol!

If you're curious about some of the changes in stadium - here's a few thoughts from me.

We went to the match with some good friends of ours and had a fun time at the stadium. I can personally vouch for the margaritas at Hugos, the Banh Mi at Roostar, and the Elotes at Elotes Bravos - all were really good. It was so good that I think our future plans when we go will be to get there early and eat dinner around the concourse before the match, lol.

Snagged some seats in East Club and the view was great - so close to the action. The club itself is really nice. Love the huge refrigerators they have for grab and go beer.

Also smart to setup the coke dispensing on the side. Food in the club looked ok - but we'd already eaten outside the club. Hot dogs on one side and some pastas and meatballs on the other side.

On the pitch - team looked physical and faster than usual. Loved seeing Raines get some playing time. Hard to believe that kid is 18. He looked good.

Since this thread gets so little action, I won't even apologize for the long post or too many photos - as I assume this is simply an exercise for future historians when they unearth this thread 100 years from now. To Serve Man… it was a cookbook.

Forum Troll
9:52p, 4/8/23
3 points and a clean sheet. Wacky ending with the red cards. Really nice free kick from HH for the first goal.
djmeen95
10:09p, 4/8/23
In reply to Forum Troll
Forum Troll said:

3 points and a clean sheet. Wacky ending with the red cards. Really nice free kick from HH for the first goal.

Looking good at home. Dumb second yellow by HH is my only major complaint following a 3-0 result.

fishag04
10:14p, 4/8/23
Pretty good atmosphere tonight. Assume lots of people hoping to get a glimpse of Chicharito vs HH. Admittedly I have been reintroducing myself to the game the last 2-3 years after a decade long hiatus. HH didn't look great to me last year but he has looked damn good so far this year. His set piece balls are always impressive.
djmeen95
10:00p, 4/22/23
Don't look now, but teams are having hell in the Shell…

djmeen95
12:34p, 4/23/23
So aside from the left post of the goal being the MVP last night, defense still seems to be hanging on for dear life a few times each match.

But the results are what they are… and it sure beats us sitting at the bottom of the standings.

Keep winning at home and stealing a point on the road and the season really could provide a nice building block for the club.
djmeen95
10:19p, 5/27/23
Time to bring this thread back.

Hell of a comeback against the Austin Broccoli

2-1 win and 3 points. Sloppy match at times but man, this team looks so much better than last season.
KCup17
9:59a, 6/1/23
Yikes. Went 2-1 up then went on to lose 6-2…
djmeen95
5:00p, 6/1/23
In reply to KCup17
Brutal defensive showing. And what an INSANE first half. Let's hope this is just an unfortunate Canadian blip.
Texaggie7nine
9:37p, 6/10/23
First game to make it out to this season. They certainly have a magic at home.
7nine
djmeen95
10:30p, 6/10/23
In reply to Texaggie7nine
Texaggie7nine said:

First game to make it out to this season. They certainly have a magic at home.

Heck of a showing. The offense has felt close to breaking out. Aliyu has been flashing great speed and ball skills and the guys up front are also starting to just take the shot vs dancing around and thinking too much.

Fun match tonight! My son and I loved it!

KCup17
7:38p, 6/12/23
I have been really impressed so far. I mean my expectations coming into this year were at an all time low. But this team has some grit. If we can start playing well away from home then we might be a top half team
LarryElder
8:59p, 6/12/23
Ship Sebas out get a another 9 or CB
djmeen95
7:26a, 6/15/23
A road win?!?

Temps are heating up and so is the team!

Don't know where things go from here, but 3 points on the road is cause for some celebrating by the Dynamo faithful!

Texaggie7nine
9:18a, 6/15/23
Incredible the night and day difference from last season.
7nine
KCup17
10:07a, 6/15/23
Are we actually decent this year? Am I dreaming ?
Out in Left Field
2:59p, 6/15/23
Lol LAFC in shambles after losing the CONCACAF Champions League final
Mustang1
8:30p, 6/21/23
Decent start:
djmeen95
12:02a, 6/22/23
Decent finish too!

Hell of a match by dem boys in the Shell!

Don't look now… but somehow this squad has made some moves up the standings…

Texaggie7nine
10:28p, 8/7/23
At concert sp can't watch but watching score. W T F?
7nine
Aggies1322
10:32p, 8/7/23
In reply to Texaggie7nine
Texaggie7nine said:

At concert sp can't watch but watching score. W T F?

Blind pass back right after the equalizer and Clark was on the other side of the goal. Couldn't keep it out. Ugliest 2 mins of soccer.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 4
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings