deadbq03
3:44p, 10/4/23
Good lord that shot from Alvarez!
Furlock Bones
3:45p, 10/4/23
Pope with a great save.
Texaggie7nine
3:56p, 10/4/23
City took care of business but damn NC gettin it.
7nine
Furlock Bones
3:57p, 10/4/23
4-1 wooooooo!
Furlock Bones
3:59p, 10/4/23
Schar steals the ball. Then does a give and go and fires a missile.

ElCheAg
4:41p, 10/4/23
That last gol by Schar summed up the match. That was BEAUTIFUL...
Furlock Bones
4:46p, 10/4/23
In reply to ElCheAg
ElCheAg said:

That last gol by Schar summed up the match. That was BEAUTIFUL...

Effort level by Newcastle was everything you want. They let down for a few minutes and PSG scored a beautiful goal. But that last goal ended a nearly perfect day on a high.
deadbq03
10:05a, 10/24/23
We're back in action today. No marquee matchups today, so unless you're a fan of a particular club, it'll be a great day to watch Golazo in the background while you pretend to work.

If their domestic form wasn't so bad right now, I'd say that Union Berlin and Sevilla could play spoiler at home (against Napoli and Arsenal, respectively) and those would be compelling to watch as matchups of top 5 leagues - but those teams are struggling so I think they'll both be lucky to steal a draw.
TXAggie2011
10:18a, 10/24/23
In reply to deadbq03
Lens is having a stinker of a domestic season and beat Arsenal last time out so don't sleep on Sevilla (or Union)
deadbq03
3:37p, 10/24/23
ManU spared embarrassment by Harry Maguire!

Kind of a shame Copenhagen might not come away with a result; they've played well.
Rudyjax
12:56p, 10/25/23
Group F.

Winners advance.
deadbq03
1:20p, 10/25/23
In reply to Rudyjax
Bold prediction, but I highly doubt it. This group has all the ingredients to have everyone still in contention in game 6.
Rudyjax
1:28p, 10/25/23
In reply to deadbq03
deadbq03 said:

Bold prediction, but I highly doubt it. This group has all the ingredients to have everyone still in contention in game 6.
me being dumb again.

you're right this will go down to the wire.
Jim01
3:03p, 10/25/23
Micah just split his pants on the halftime show. That was amazing!

"I'm not sure who's getting cancelled, but someone is!!!!"

Rudyjax
3:30p, 10/25/23
In reply to Jim01
Yeah, i was on a call with noise cancelling headphones. They could hear them cackling.
Rudyjax
8:41p, 10/27/23
The American DReam podcast.

I initially didn't like it because his co host is quite the generic radio sports guy. But I gave it another go while in a road trip.

I highly recommend the McKennie, Richards, and Scally/Reyna podcasts.

If you listen to the one with Scally and Reyna and don't come away as a huge Reyna/Scally fan then I don't know about you.

Check it out.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-american-dream-with-tim-ream-steve-schlanger/id1576620650
jeffk
4:13p, 11/8/23
EPL is feast or famine so far. City and Arsenal in first with their groups; ManU and Newcastle in last in theirs.
deadbq03
2:29p, 11/29/23
Man, Bellingham makes it look easy.
AGC
4:00p, 11/29/23
In reply to deadbq03
deadbq03 said:

Man, Bellingham makes it look easy.

Just provided an assist too and is pumping up the crowd for Joselu (who's missed several great opportunities). Guy just seems like a great teammate.
wangus12
8:42p, 11/29/23
https://instagr.am/p/C0Pll_sMTyK
texagbeliever
9:15p, 11/29/23
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

EPL is feast or famine so far. City and Arsenal in first with their groups; ManU and Newcastle in last in theirs.
To be fair this is kind of expected. Newcastle had the hardest group and just doesn't have the depth to compete in the EPL and Champions League.
ManU is ManU and really are just not a talented team. If you put aside injuries I'm not sure that there is a player on ManU that would start on Arsenal or City. Maybe Rashford.
KCup17
9:20p, 11/29/23
In reply to texagbeliever
Except we got thieved of 3 points yesterday. But with our injury situation at the moment qualifying for Europa would be huge.
deadbq03
10:08a, 12/12/23
Matchday 6. Lots of folks will be looking forward to the Group of Death tomorrow, but there's plenty to watch today too:
  • Group A is the group to watch. Both ManU and Bayern had disastrous results in their leagues this weekend. I gotta think that's bad news for ManU because it turns what would've been a meaningless game for Bayern into a big chance to get some pride back. Meanwhile, Copenhagen can ensure they stay ahead of Galatasaray with just a draw, but they really need to push for a win at home to clinch 2nd.
  • Group B - Pepi and Tillman are likely to start for PSV (and Dest is likely to sit) in their meaningless game against Arsenal, so that gives US fans something to care about. Lens can keep perennial Europa League powers Sevilla out of the competition with a draw or win.
  • Group C - Upsets could shake things up here. Braga can advance with a win over Napoli... Aaronson's Union Berlin could claim a Europa League spot with a win over what's likely to be a Real Madrid B team (and a Braga loss).
  • Group D - Sociedad and Inter go head-to-head to win the Group. Benfica needs an unlikely 3 point win over Salzburg to win the head-to-head tiebreaker and claim the Europa spot.
Rudyjax
1:53p, 12/12/23
Kobenhavn and Glatasary are the only late game that really matters, right?
AGC
11:01a, 12/13/23
Let's go Dortmund?
Rudyjax
11:19a, 12/13/23
In reply to AGC
AGC said:

Let's go Dortmund?
Absolutely...beat those verlans
Rudyjax
2:39p, 12/13/23
Newcastle is absolutely dominating AC Milan.

1 nil now.
KCup17
3:02p, 12/13/23
Hoping we can make it 2-0 quickly. The first half was an onslaught.
Rudyjax
3:20p, 12/13/23
In reply to KCup17
KCup17 said:

Hoping we can make it 2-0 quickly. The first half was an onslaught.

Capt America with the equalizer.

We? Are you anti American??

Rudyjax
3:47p, 12/13/23
Such a stupid game at times.
deadbq03
4:42p, 12/13/23
In reply to Rudyjax
You're not wrong - but I also think that if the games met expectations as much as other sports, it wouldn't be nearly as fun to watch.
KCup17
4:44p, 12/13/23
In reply to Rudyjax
I'm a Newcastle fan.
Rudyjax
4:45p, 12/13/23
In reply to KCup17
KCup17 said:

I'm a Newcastle fan.

Oh cool. How long have you been in the states?

Or did you just randomly pick them to root for?
Rudyjax
4:46p, 12/13/23
In reply to deadbq03
deadbq03 said:

You're not wrong - but I also think that if the games met expectations as much as other sports, it wouldn't be nearly as fun to watch.

I mean I love it. Newcastle dominated but our Americans got a result and will play in Europa.
KCup17
8:27p, 12/13/23
In reply to Rudyjax
Lived here my whole life. Club coach growing up was from Newcastle so I took an affinity to them. Started following every game the year after they got relegated back in 2016. Watched them win promotion back into the prem. Been a Geordie ever since.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 12
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings