3:32p, 4/9/24
That was Gvargantuan!!
7nine
Furlock Bones
3:36p, 4/9/24
In reply to Dre_00
Dre_00 said:

City just said "enough of this" and killed the tie in 5 minutes
Vini is one of the most frustrating players in the game. He's got so much pace and ball skill that he gets a ton of chances. But he throws so many of them away.
Furlock Bones
3:39p, 4/9/24
Fede! come on.
La Bamba
3:40p, 4/9/24
What a game!
Texaggie7nine
3:42p, 4/9/24
Why do these games always have to be so wild.
7nine
Dre_00
3:45p, 4/9/24
Last 3 goals have been absurd
Texaggie7nine
3:48p, 4/9/24
KDB needs to suck it up and pull a MJ.
7nine
Furlock Bones
3:48p, 4/9/24
Modric is still a ****ing maestro.
Dre_00
3:53p, 4/9/24
I'm sorry but how was that not a penalty on Neuer?
Forum Troll
3:54p, 4/9/24
Announcers are right. Neuer is just standing there and Saka initiates it.
Furlock Bones
3:54p, 4/9/24
wow, the ref with gigantic balls in the Arsenal Bayern game. Great no call. It was absolutely the right call.
Furlock Bones
3:55p, 4/9/24
the Ref blows the whistle before his own added time for the 2nd time in this match.
Dre_00
3:57p, 4/9/24
I never saw a replay because right after I switched to see the end of RM/City but will take everyone's word for it.
jeffk
3:59p, 4/9/24
Whew
Furlock Bones
4:00p, 4/9/24
In reply to Dre_00
Dre_00 said:

I never saw a replay because right after I switched to see the end of RM/City but will take everyone's word for it.
Neuer comes up and stops. Saka actually loses the ball to his left and kicks out his right leg to get contact on Neuer. It was a dive. Saka scores if he takes the shot straight away instead of trying to go around Neuer.
gambochaman
4:06p, 4/9/24
Bunch of golazos today
TXAggie2011
4:06p, 4/9/24
In reply to Furlock Bones
Furlock Bones said:

Dre_00 said:

Neuer comes up and stops. Saka actually loses the ball to his left and kicks out his right leg to get contact on Neuer. It was a dive. Saka scores if he takes the shot straight away instead of trying to go around Neuer.

Saka didn't lose the ball. He made a deliberate and what was really a soft touch to move the ball left and around Neuer.

I would agree Saka moved the right leg forward some to guarantee he draws contac

carl spacklers hat
4:08p, 4/9/24
In reply to TXAggie2011
And the nutmeg was right there waiting to be taken!
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Legal Custodian
4:09p, 4/9/24
It looks there that Saka initiated all that contact and kicked Neuer more than anything. Neuer is there before Saka makes his last move and then Saka kicks him.

I'm obviously biased, but that looks like the right call to me.
TXAggie2011
4:13p, 4/9/24
I wouldn't say either one of them "kicked" the other. Saka just held his leg flexed in place rather than trying to plant it again to finish the move to his left.

Leg 2 of these ties are going to be rambunctious
BMK54
4:15p, 4/9/24
Great set of matches today. Exciting to watch.

Legal Custodian
4:27p, 4/9/24
We (Bayern) played like absolute dog **** today. And that's saying something with the season we've had. I can't believe we got a draw with the way we looked.

If we can get any semblance of form over the weekend, I like our chances at home.

I've never seen possession like that from a Bayern opponent in years. I just looked at our results for the past 4 years in UCL, and only 1 team has held us to under 59% possession and that was the 1st leg vs PSG in 2021 when we had it 54%, we held it for 65% in the second leg.

Arsenal held us to 41%. Just wow.

I almost wonder if Tuchel tried to mitigate our piss poor defense on counters but ceding possession to keep our formation. But that gives too much credit to Tuchel, so probably not.
Furlock Bones
5:09p, 4/9/24

La Bamba
5:58p, 4/9/24
I mean Tuchel is right. But at the same time, I'm not over him f'ing Pulisic at Chelsea. So, screw him.
Mathguy64
6:09p, 4/9/24
The non call on that goal kick is tough. If you call that you get vilified for a picky call and PK for misconduct that technically violates the letter but certainly not the spirit of the law. But if you ignore it you are not giving a PK for misconduct. Either way it's impacting the match. You can't win either way.

It's after a sub and whistle to restart play. IMHO that's a ball legally put into play by the GKer and handling. I get ignoring it but Tuchel has a point.
wangus12
6:09p, 4/9/24
Pretty sure the ref whistled and told them to retake to kick. Thats what it looked like to me.
wangus12
6:10p, 4/9/24
La Bamba
2:22p, 4/10/24
Lamine Yamal is going to be so good for Barca and for Spain in the future.
La Bamba
2:28p, 4/10/24
Bad mistake there from Dortmund
deadbq03
2:35p, 4/10/24
Twice now. So sloppy.
Furlock Bones
2:40p, 4/10/24
Raphinha scores a nice goal to give Barca the lead. PSG has been playing with fire most of the half.
Furlock Bones
3:07p, 4/10/24
Dembele levels it with a beautiful strike.
deadbq03
3:08p, 4/10/24
Yeah that was even crazier in slow mo. Such a tight window.
Furlock Bones
3:09p, 4/10/24
Goal Vitinha! PSG lead that fast.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 5 of 12
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE