*** UEFA Champions League 23-24 ***
19,799 Views | 414 Replies
Thunder18
4:01p, 4/16/24
The last PSG goal was straight out of the EAFC script. Ter Stegen got really hosed by that clearance after two nice saves
gambochaman
4:02p, 4/16/24
this ref ruined what could have been a great match

shameful really
absolutely shameful
AGC
4:03p, 4/16/24
In reply to La Bamba
La Bamba said:

I really like Xavi and know this means everything to him, but the dude needs to keep his cool. He can't be sent off at this stage for losing his chit.

That's who he is as a coach! He's the one of the most entitled people I've ever seen at this level and his cards reflect it.
Dre_00
4:03p, 4/16/24
lol...a fan was *this* close to getting a selfie with Mbappe after the game.
Mathguy64
4:07p, 4/16/24
In reply to gambochaman
gambochaman said:

this ref ruined what could have been a great match

shameful really
absolutely shameful
You gotta tell us how you REALLY feel.

For the record, as a neutral, I thought he got them both right. The PK was easy and that tackle was just a dumb tackle. Dembele isnt going anywhere with that ball. And the no call on Gundogan seemed right. The YC for simulation was some contact. I wonder if it was really for Dissent.
gambochaman
4:12p, 4/16/24
Gonna have to disagree

The red card changed the whole outlook of the game and it was a shameful call

Cancelo got ball first 100% and dembele embelished it like the pos he is but clearly the ref was under orders to call everything for psg
BMK54
4:16p, 4/16/24
Looking forward to the matches tomorrow. Who do yall have winning? (Haven't decided who to bet on yet).

Real @ City
Arsenal @ Bayern

Legal Custodian
4:28p, 4/16/24
In reply to BMK54
BMK54 said:

Looking forward to the matches tomorrow. Who do yall have winning? (Haven't decided who to bet on yet).

Real @ City
Arsenal @ Bayern
I got City and Bayern.

Bayern has got nothing else to play for, and the fans will throw everything they have behind 'em to create a crazy atmosphere. And we played like **** the 1st leg and still somehow came out with a draw. Gotta think if we are any better we should get the win.

Rooting for City cause I hate Real. But I think Real's the weaker team anyway.
Dre_00
4:28p, 4/16/24
I would definitely lean towards the home team in each game.
Mathguy64
4:57p, 4/16/24
In reply to BMK54
BMK54 said:

Real @ City
Arsenal @ Bayern

I'm rooting for the meteor in the first match and for every player in the second to get the clap.
La Bamba
7:31p, 4/16/24
Hard to see Madrid beating City tomorrow.

I think Arsenal has a better shot at beating Bayern, but think ze Germans are favorites.
Texaggie7nine
7:52p, 4/16/24
City 2 got hosed today.
Furlock Bones
8:52a, 4/17/24
Hala Madrid!
Furlock Bones
8:54a, 4/17/24
In reply to Mathguy64
Ref was spot on in that game. Barca have no one to blame but themselves. But Xavi continued his toddler act in the post match presser.
deadbq03
9:06a, 4/17/24
In reply to Furlock Bones
Agree 100%. I was in a meeting during the red card, but replays sure look like DOGSO to me.

This guy didn't see it live either, but seems to agree too.

AGC
9:30a, 4/17/24
In reply to deadbq03
Araujo plays that way all the time - if he's beaten he's got his long arms on you and he's always going to go for some contact to make you uncomfortable, even if he's yards off the ball.

Ter Stegen said the same - if you call it, it has to be red. He's not been punished for it in La liga but his luck was never going to hold forever.
Forum Troll
9:38a, 4/17/24
Araujo was beat and did something dumb. Trust Ter Stegen he's pretty good. If you concede then move on. Instead he it's DOGSO and he's out.

And Cancelo's challenge on Dembele was dumb as well. Why even give the ref a chance to make a call there? He's on the edge of the 18 and moving away from the goal. Just stupid to challenge there.

I can understand Xavi's frustration and he's sticking up for his guys but both are just bad IQ plays.
Furlock Bones
9:54a, 4/17/24
So how many tickets did Man Dhabi send to Real Madrid in order to actually fill the stadium? 1/3?
wangus12
10:28a, 4/17/24
In reply to Furlock Bones
Furlock Bones said:

Ref was spot on in that game. Barca have no one to blame but themselves. But Xavi continued his toddler act in the post match presser.

Oh how the turn tables

This is Xavi's quote from the 2011 Arsenal-Barcelona match where van Persie was given a 2nd yellow card for shooting the ball after the whistle had blown.

Quote:

Throwback to 2011 when Xavi Hernandez said this about Arsenal's striker Van Persie getting sent off for shooting the ball after an offside was called: "… Ref called offside and he shot it out of bounds so that's it. That's what the football's rules and regulations are for."

And then his response today

Furlock Bones
2:16p, 4/17/24
Rodrygo!
La Bamba
2:30p, 4/17/24
Madrid needs just a fews seconds to catch you sleeping and then they punish you. Wow.
Thunder18
3:17p, 4/17/24
I can't imagine Madrid's current philosophy of giving up a corner every 40 seconds is sustainable
Furlock Bones
3:18p, 4/17/24
We need Modric.
Furlock Bones
3:22p, 4/17/24
Kimmich puts Bayern in front!
deadbq03
3:23p, 4/17/24
Bayern with the breakthrough. They've looked better this half.
Legal Custodian
3:25p, 4/17/24
Needed that for sure, what a cross and header!
Jim01
3:28p, 4/17/24
In reply to Thunder18
Yeah Man City is absolutely just camped out in the attacking third. Seems inevitable that they will break through.
Texaggie7nine
3:36p, 4/17/24
ooooooo

Kevin

de Bruyne
7nine
deadbq03
3:41p, 4/17/24
I don't see how RM can win this.

Which means they probably will.
SpreadsheetAg
3:43p, 4/17/24
In a bar in Cartagena Spain surrounded by Madrid fans...

Cheered LOUDLY on the MC goal on a bet... I'm still alive
SpreadsheetAg
3:43p, 4/17/24
MC has DOMINATED this game possession and opportunities wise... RM has been in survival mode since they scored in the first 2 min
La Bamba
3:45p, 4/17/24
Can Madrid produce one more on a counter?
Texaggie7nine
3:47p, 4/17/24
Until City puts another one in the net, I'm waiting for RM to get their miracle.

Though, them not having Benzima gives me hope.
7nine
Legal Custodian
3:49p, 4/17/24
Man, I do not like this sub right here taking out Sane for Upamecano. Taking out someone who can hold onto the ball and make runs for a leaky CB can bite you in extra time if it gets there.
deadbq03
3:55p, 4/17/24
Free football
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 7 of 12
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE