*****Austin FC 2024 Thread*****
3,759 Views | 52 Replies
fig96
3:34p, 12/12/23
The trade window opened up yesterday and free agent signings start tomorrow so let's get this thing fired up...

First big offseason move: Lima to the Revolution for 275k GAM

And a lot of smoke around Pereira being traded, recent tweets indicate a deal to LAFC is almost final:

He never seemed to quite fit into Wolff's system and wasn't playing a lot of minutes at the end of last season, but he's talented and we need to get some serious value for him (and hopefully a sell on clause) if this deal goes through.
AgRyan04
5:09p, 12/14/23
I'd rather keep Dani and get rid of Wolff
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AgRyan04
5:10p, 12/14/23
Did pick up Jder Obrian who was out of contract from Dallas
fig96
10:04a, 1/5/24
Waiting on a flurry of signings as training opens in a week or so.

Interesting news on Dani:

And a few signings/moves, signed a keeper which seems like an odd choice:

But then rumors of Las going out on loan to a USL team:

fig96
11:25a, 1/19/24
Camp is underway and a few small updates...

New fullback on the way:

Rumor (confirmed?) of another fullback from Ligue 1/2 this summer...

And looks like Las will be signed to an extension and loaned out...

fig96
11:26a, 1/28/24
Looks like FC24 leaked all the new kits…

JCRiley09
6:53p, 1/28/24
In reply to fig96
I really like it. Pretty hilarious way for the leak to happen
fig96
12:25p, 1/29/24
In reply to JCRiley09
I do too, will probably add this one to the collection. But yeah, it's hilarious
fig96
11:06a, 2/6/24
We signed somebody!

Actually a solid pickup, landed Diego Rubio as a free agent striker (last with Colorado). He had some injuries last season but scored 16 in 2022, if he can do anything close to that for us this will be a steal. Also seems like he might be sort of a stop gap until a bigger signing in the summer, we'll see what happens.

fig96
4:54p, 2/16/24
Some of the new signings looking really good, Diego Rubio and rookie Jimmy Farkarlun each with 2 goals in 2 preseason matches and I think Jader Obrian had 3. New Brazilian fullback Guilherme Biro got his first minutes in verde as well.

New second kit...

New signing (centerback depth, good timing as it looks like Cascante picked up an injury)...

And a quality fullback coming this summer...

First match next weekend!

fig96
12:55p, 2/17/24
Glad they went with the green shorts.

JCRiley09
1:56p, 2/17/24
In reply to fig96
I really like these kits. We should get some clips of them in action as the friendly goes on today
fig96
2:42p, 2/19/24
In reply to JCRiley09
I'm a fan, just ordered mine.

And we did (Rubio is looking good):

fig96
1:29p, 2/23/24
Almost gameday!

JW
6:24a, 2/25/24
Cowboy Curtis
9:06a, 2/25/24
&ct=g
fig96
12:38p, 2/25/24
Ooh that was ugly, especially that first half. Obrian and Rubio showed some promise though, they should be starting before too long.
fig96
10:24a, 3/3/24
On the plus side our defense held up well (and got a little lucky), but without Driussi our attack looks just lost. Happy to escape with a point.

Fingers crossed he's back in the lineup this week.
JCRiley09
11:35a, 3/3/24
Might be the worst draw I've ever seen
Cowboy Curtis
2:31p, 3/3/24
Zero. I mean ZERO offensive identity. Josh Wolff ain't it.
JT88
7:32p, 3/3/24
Being outshot 20-1, Stuver should qualify for hazard pay.

Get well soon, Seba!
Josey Wales: Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb mad dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.
fig96
3:04p, 3/4/24
In reply to Cowboy Curtis
Without Drissui we don't have an offensive identity, this isn't new. It may be a rough trek till the summer transfer window.
JCRiley09
7:00p, 3/4/24
Two things can be true at once. We desperately miss Driussi. And Wolff ain't it.
fig96
2:54p, 3/5/24
This is pretty scathing:
50 Games of Futility: You're Losing Us Anthony
JT88
7:22a, 3/8/24
Those numbers don't lie.
Driussi still questionable for tomorrow.
Not sure where the goals come from at this point, just no Offensive identity.
Josey Wales: Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb mad dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.
AgRyan04
2:05p, 3/8/24
In reply to JT88
JT88 said:

Those numbers don't lie.
Driussi still questionable for tomorrow.
Not sure where the goals come from at this point, just no Offensive identity.

just STILL no offensive identity

I just don't know how they could come into this season without having addressed it and expected different results
fig96
3:15p, 3/8/24
In reply to AgRyan04
Not defending the attack so far because it's been abysmal, but we did sign Rubio and Obrian with Rubio being a pretty proven scorer.

That said, it's becoming painfully obvious that without Driussi there's no one else out there that can create anything. Rodo has said multiple times that this is going to be a rebuild that takes a few transfer windows, I'm thinking/hoping that something is in the works for the summer (and we do have Mikkel Desler all but confirmed to be coming in the summer window).

But right now...yeah, it sucks.
AgRyan04
4:31p, 3/8/24
In reply to fig96
That's fair
JT88
10:14p, 3/8/24
Dani is one of my favorites, but if he is going to play more of an attacking role, he needs to change his mindset. He is still on his back foot too much. It is weird, because he actually has the stuff to beat people one v one going forward.
fig96
1:23p, 3/9/24
In reply to JT88
Yeah, he's been much more effective carrying the ball from deeper in midfield than he did playing as a 10, he was a lot more hesistant. But he's definitely one of our best players on the dribble going at defenders.
JCRiley09
7:56p, 3/9/24
GOAL! (Hedges)

We look like a completely different team so far. Still no Driussi on the field, but Zardes and Rubio in. Finley and Obrian at the wings. No Rigoni
JCRiley09
9:34p, 3/9/24
I saw that equalizer coming from a mile away. We look incredible on the attack all match then we park the bus again and put the weight of the match on Stu. What is the plan when you've taken every offensive player off but need a goal?
JW
10:59p, 3/30/24
Should have been a much bigger win. Dallas was terrible.
JCRiley09
11:15p, 3/30/24
That said, easily the best we've looked all season. Much more aggressive
Cowboy Curtis
7:33a, 3/31/24
Momentum
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 2