************* Houston Rockets 22-23 Season thread *************
95,587 Views | 1176 Replies
AG@RICE
1:04a, 1/26/23
In reply to Harry Dunne
The line up to start the 4th:

Eric Gordon - Garrison Mathews - Bruno Fernandez - Tari Eason - Josh Christopher

Why? Why do you hate us Stephen Silas?
WES2006AG
7:23a, 1/26/23
In reply to AG@RICE
Somebody needs to tell Silas that we are locked into the bottom 4 so it is now time to show some improvement.
1876er
8:59a, 1/26/23
It's cute that y'all think this team is still trying to tank.
AG@RICE
9:18a, 1/26/23
In reply to 1876er
As long as we have Silas as a HC, we will be tanking. Now, whether it is intentional or not is certainly up for debate.

Personally, I think he is just a terrible basketball coach. I think he is actually trying to win, but he has no clue how to manage rotations.

Last night, we had 3 guys capable of setting up an offense: Sengun (10 assists), Green (7 assists) and Tate (4 assists). None of them were on the floor in the 4th as the team melted. Then Silas goes on TV and calls our 4th quarter performance "unacceptable". Look in the mirror buddy.
Harry Dunne
11:42a, 1/26/23
AG@RICE
2:27p, 1/26/23
In reply to Harry Dunne
Wish we got that version of Silas.

Instead we got this one:

Ags #1
8:28p, 1/26/23
78 points given up in a half
AG@RICE
9:13p, 1/28/23
John Lucas 2-0.
Head Ninja In Charge
8:09a, 1/29/23
KJ benched for not playing hard. John Lucas, man. That's my coach.
AG@RICE
10:13a, 2/2/23
We won again!

No Jalen Green or KPJ for that game. Can't say I missed them.

Sengun keeps playing better. This block from last night was very Senguny:

Head Ninja In Charge
3:12p, 2/2/23
It's a whole different kind of energy when those two are off of the floor. It's crazy.
Head Ninja In Charge
9:46a, 2/3/23
Got bored and was checking the box for Wednesday and Tari took 21 shots in 19 minutes. His best game of the season, but what a funny ass stat. That's Last Game Kobe dropping 60 on 50 shots territory.
HotardRat
9:51a, 2/3/23
In reply to Head Ninja In Charge
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Got bored and was checking the box for Wednesday and Tari took 21 shots in 19 minutes. His best game of the season, but what a funny ass stat. That's Last Game Kobe dropping 60 on 50 shots territory.

It's because he had a sequence with 6-7 missed tip-ins within about 10 seconds.
Head Ninja In Charge
10:47a, 2/3/23
In reply to HotardRat
LMAO. I was wondering about that. I wonder how stat keepers make the distinction between a rebound attempt versus a field goal attempt for those kind of plays. I feel like Dennis Rodman would be the FGA gawd if they all counted the same.
Harry Dunne
6:40p, 2/3/23
Kyrie asking for a trade before the deadline. Those Nets draft picks are about to start getting interesting.
RebAg13
7:05p, 2/3/23
Those picks
Johnsy3
9:27p, 2/4/23
The defense tonight. Ouch.
Ags #1
10:23p, 2/4/23
Gave up 153 points
superaggie73
10:36p, 2/4/23
In reply to Ags #1
Ags #1 said:

Gave up 153 points

Any coincidence it's the first game of Green being back. I love the kid on offense, but he makes Harden look like the hardest working defensive MVP of the league.
WES2006AG
8:55a, 2/5/23
In reply to Ags #1
Yea, but after giving up 79 in the first half we really clamped down and only gave up 74 in the 2nd half.
AG@RICE
10:16a, 2/5/23
Need to bench Jalen. I've been saying it for 2 years, but he needs to actually learn the consequences of his poor defense. Start Tari and let JG have 15 to 20 minutes a game. He has to gain a level of intensity that will only come from a dose of cold reality. Losing your starting spot to a rookie because of defense will send the necessary message.
shady
11:53a, 2/5/23
In reply to superaggie73
superaggie73 said:

Ags #1 said:

Gave up 153 points

Any coincidence it's the first game of Green being back. I love the kid on offense, but he makes Harden look like the hardest working defensive MVP of the league.

When you give up 153 that's not on any one player...thats a team effort.
mAgnoliAg
12:44p, 2/5/23
In reply to shady
shady said:

superaggie73 said:

Ags #1 said:

Gave up 153 points

Plus he only played 22 minutes. Didn't even play half of the game.
AG@RICE
8:47a, 2/6/23
He was -32 in those 22 minutes. Only Jabari had a worse +/- and he played 31 minutes.

Obviously its an entire team issue....and a major coaching issue, but Jalen absolutely destroys our defense. For a kid with an incredible first step, he couldn't stay in front of a parking cone. Off the ball, he appears to lack any ounce of awareness. He basically leaves a red carpet to the rim for opposing guards and leaves our bigs completely exposed. SGA torched us for 42 points and 0 were from the 3pt line. He had access to the rim whenever he wanted. Our bigs were instantly in foul trouble and he dominated the minutes when Green was on the floor (only needed to play 8 more minutes than Green).

Also don't over look that Green got up 15 shots in those 22 minutes (2nd on the team). He wasn't even thinking about playing defense, just chucking. The kid needs a real coach desperately or he is going to end up a bust.
Harry Dunne
3:23p, 2/6/23
In reply to AG@RICE
Dan Scott
4:28p, 2/6/23
Rockets tickets are so cheap now. Seats are almost half what they were back in 2018. Back in town and contemplating going to the game but not sure I want to spend to watch garbage.
WES2006AG
6:22p, 2/6/23
In reply to Dan Scott
Dan Scott said:

Rockets tickets are so cheap now. Seats are almost half what they were back in 2018. Back in town and contemplating going to the game but not sure I want to spend to watch garbage.
I have almost pulled the trigger on a few weeknight games recently about 30 minutes before tip because they were so cheap. Both times I am glad I didn't because we were blown out by the end of the first. I still love going to Toyota Center but most nights we aren't even close to competitive and that is tough to throw money at.
Harry Dunne
9:31p, 2/6/23
In reply to Dan Scott
I paid under $10 many times during that terrible Astros run. It was bad baseball, but hey - I got to watch a young Altuve, Keuchel & JD Martinez for the price of a burger and it was all the sweeter in 2017 for having suffered through those garbage seasons. Same deal with those early Baggy Biggio years.

I'd go to as many games as you can. Hopefully at least a few of these guys will be a part of a future championship team. Maybe even a HOFer in there!
Harry Dunne
9:40p, 2/6/23
In reply to shady
shady said:

superaggie73 said:

Ags #1 said:

Gave up 153 points

293 in 2 games.

Aggie09Derek
10:07p, 2/6/23
In reply to Dan Scott
Dan Scott said:

Email me at username@gmail for whatever games you are looking at going to and let me know how many.
Ags #1
10:08p, 2/6/23
Only 140 tonight,
Improvement
Texaggie7nine
10:12p, 2/6/23
7nine
HotardRat
10:29p, 2/6/23
PoppaB05
10:57p, 2/6/23
Rockets fans the last decade: "Harden truly does not give a f*** about defense. Worst defensive effort in the history of the league!"

Jalen Green: "Hold my beer"
PoppaB05
11:05p, 2/6/23
Seriously though, watched for the first time in awhile and WTF? There are some decent pieces with Sengun, Tate, and Smith who all give a S*** even though they have flaws but what type of message are you sending your young team when JG and KPJ are consistently allowed to go out and play like this is some BS rec league game. Fire Silas yesterday, reduce JG minutes until he plays defense, run the offense through Sengun, and trade KPJ for whatever you can get and let's see what TyTy can do. This is hard to watch.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 7 of 34
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings