LaVar Ball
1,881 Views | 10 Replies
Lake08
10:54a, 2/21/23
Is he still alive? That moron has fallen off the face of the earth. Heard his name pop up the other day. His face was plastered on everything for quite some time
Head Ninja In Charge
11:07a, 2/21/23
For being an available and supportive dad? Might have come on too strong for some people's sensibilities, but there was nothing he ever did or said that was inherently bad in my view. He got two of his kids drafted in the top 3 and I've never heard of any of them getting into any real trouble.
Guitarsoup
11:26a, 2/21/23
In reply to Head Ninja In Charge
LiAngelo got arrested in China when he was with UCLA. Luckily, we didn't have to trade a major arms dealer to get his dumb ass back.
Lake08
12:38p, 2/21/23
Head Ninja In Charge said:

For being an available and supportive dad? Might have come on too strong for some people's sensibilities, but there was nothing he ever did or said that was inherently bad in my view. He got two of his kids drafted in the top 3 and I've never heard of any of them getting into any real trouble.

I'll give you the supportive dad, but the guy pis*ed everyone off in the sport. Stole money from people that bought his shoes, etc.
The Porkchop Express
10:05p, 2/21/23
I'm of the opinion that when LeBron joined the Lakers he pulled LaVar aside and said something to the effect of "if you keep sniffing around this team I will have you killed."

LaVar hasn't made much of a peep anywhere in 5 years as far as I can see.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
StinkyPinky
3:13p, 2/22/23
He has been seriously quiet hasn't he? Definitely something influencing that.
Guitarsoup
3:30p, 2/22/23
In reply to StinkyPinky
StinkyPinky said:

He has been seriously quiet hasn't he? Definitely something influencing that.
His two star kids choosing to sign with a real shoe company, then his basketball league fell apart in less than one season.

They promised players $3k/mo to play, guys gave up college to do this and then he made them pay their own travel and some never got paid. They were also supposed to get 60% of merch sales, but Big Baller Brand never put out any merch, so they did get 60%. 0*.6.

Maybe he is quiet so he can avoid creditors.
Faustus
12:30p, 2/28/23
Google says he's still kicking. I guess the novelty wore off for the public.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/lavar-ball-expresses-confidence-eventual-lonzo-return-floor

He's still putting out quotes that could be headlines, and still wants to personally be in on monetizing his boys.
(12/22)
https://www.complex.com/sports/lavar-ball-lamelo-lakers-interview

Quote:

. . .
Everything you could imagine LaVar Ball to be he was that and then some, and he's still as candid as ever, like being completely honest about his feelings towards the Los Angeles Lakers and exploring the prospects of his youngest son LaMelo ever donning the purple and gold.

"Common sense would tell you, hell no," LaVar tells Complex. "You did something to my boy Lonzo, and you think I'm going to come back with the others? I gotta be stone-cold crazy."

We caught up with LaVar Ball in Chinos Hills to talk about LaMelo's career so far, the ultimate desire he has for his sons and his partnership with HEIR.
. . .
I've seen this show. [Charlotte] ain't let him loose yet. How you going to let him loose if you believed there are some other guys in front of him first, and they gotta get hurt before Melo play?
. . .
So you're saying you wouldn't want LaMelo to be a Laker?

No. I wanted Melo to be a Laker before that ship done sailed. You get rid of 'Zo and you think I'm going to come back? I'm not that type of foolish guy.
. . .
Who'd be the perfect coach for your boys?

****, me. What you mean? I'll turn my boys loose. My boys, together, could average 40 points a quarter with ease. You'd have to score 160 points to beat them. I'd be the first coach to start pressing somebody going to get tired. Every time they press in the NBA, somebody turns the ball over. Could you imagine doing that the entire game?

My boys had to get to the NBA to become losers, and they're getting very good at it on the teams they're on.
. . .
GigEmMortis
11:13p, 2/28/23
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Might have?

Dude was a looney toon during Lonzo's draft and early years.
wangus12
11:18p, 2/28/23
In reply to Faustus
Faustus said:

Google says he's still kicking. I guess the novelty wore off for the public.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/lavar-ball-expresses-confidence-eventual-lonzo-return-floor

He's still putting out quotes that could be headlines, and still wants to personally be in on monetizing his boys.
(12/22)
https://www.complex.com/sports/lavar-ball-lamelo-lakers-interview

Quote:

. . .
Everything you could imagine LaVar Ball to be he was that and then some, and he's still as candid as ever, like being completely honest about his feelings towards the Los Angeles Lakers and exploring the prospects of his youngest son LaMelo ever donning the purple and gold.

"Common sense would tell you, hell no," LaVar tells Complex. "You did something to my boy Lonzo, and you think I'm going to come back with the others? I gotta be stone-cold crazy."

We caught up with LaVar Ball in Chinos Hills to talk about LaMelo's career so far, the ultimate desire he has for his sons and his partnership with HEIR.
. . .
I've seen this show. [Charlotte] ain't let him loose yet. How you going to let him loose if you believed there are some other guys in front of him first, and they gotta get hurt before Melo play?
. . .
So you're saying you wouldn't want LaMelo to be a Laker?

No. I wanted Melo to be a Laker before that ship done sailed. You get rid of 'Zo and you think I'm going to come back? I'm not that type of foolish guy.
. . .
Who'd be the perfect coach for your boys?

****, me. What you mean? I'll turn my boys loose. My boys, together, could average 40 points a quarter with ease. You'd have to score 160 points to beat them. I'd be the first coach to start pressing somebody going to get tired. Every time they press in the NBA, somebody turns the ball over. Could you imagine doing that the entire game?

My boys had to get to the NBA to become losers, and they're getting very good at it on the teams they're on.
. . .

For being a terrible NBA player, he's still ridiculously confident lol
Guitarsoup
6:50a, 3/1/23
In reply to wangus12
LeVar Ball was an NFL player, not a NBA player.

It's amazing that his son can be traded for a future HOF-type player and he can be upset by that.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings