Team USA FIBA World Cup

2,077 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Head Ninja In Charge
EliteZags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
is this the best roster we could assemble? we should still dominate, though I know nothing about roster selection

https://www.usab.com/teams/5x5-mens-world-cup/roster

seems like a higher profile coaching staff
Enzo The Baker
AG
EliteZags said:

is this the best roster we could assemble? we should still dominate, though I know nothing about roster selection

https://www.usab.com/teams/5x5-mens-world-cup/roster

seems like a higher profile coaching staff

Better players will come out for the Olympics next year. It's common to have lesser names on non-Olympic tournaments. I think it's kind of BS though. They should give these guys first priority.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I had Canada winning it all until Jamal Murray dropped out. Should be a good tournament. Not in love with our roster, but I like seeing Anthony Edwards take the next step in real time. I love international play.
Obi Wan Ginobili
FIBA basketball is ass
BJM1781
AG
International play is more fun to watch than the 50 3's a night strategy of the NBA.

Feel the same way about hockey.
Seven Costanza
AG
Just noticed that Thomas Walkup plays for Greece and Kyle Anderson plays for China.
amercer
Iowaggie
AG
How smart is USA Basketball to pick an Olympic team of guys that are mostly resting by the first weekend in May:

Team USA
Bam Adebayo - eliminated in round 1
Joel Embiid - Eliminated in Round 1
Devin Booker and Kevin Durant - Eliminated in Round 1
Anthony Davis and LeBron James - Eliminated in Round 1
Steph Curry - Eliminated before the playoffs
Kawhi Leonard - Eliminated in Round 1

Still playing:
Tyrese Haliburton, Anthony Edwards, Jrue Holiday and Jayson Tatum

Ha ha Serbia (Jokic), Canada (SGA, Jamal Murray, Dwight Powell, Lu Dort) and Slovenia (Luka) as you'll get those tired legs playing in these playoffs. The USA will continue to count on the health of Joel Embiid, Kawhi Leonard, and show the world.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Can y'all imagine how good Anthony Edwards is going to be heading into next season? He took the leap this season into superstar status, and now he has the Olympics coming up (which more often than not is a launching pad for young players into their next stage) with a team that features LeBron/KD/Steph who are all likely on their last Team USA run.

Jokic is now, but AE and Wemby are going to be the faces of the league for next 15.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.