************* Houston Rockets 23-24 Season thread ****************
56,006 Views | 639 Replies
Johnsy3
10:04a, 5/13/24
The Ringer's mock draft has us taking Nikola Topic out of Serbia

Quote:

Thank you, James Harden! Houston gets this pick courtesy of the Nets from the Harden deal, and after jumping from the ninth-best odds to the third pick, now maybe it'll be able to find the point guard of its future. There'd be no pressure for Topic with Fred VanVleet already under contract. He could learn from him while working to improve his jumper and adjusting to NBA physicality. With the Rockets ascending, however, I'd also expect the front office to be active in trade talks that could move them out of the draft entirely in exchange for a proven star.

Shades of: Goran Dragic
Guitarsoup
10:24a, 5/13/24
In reply to Johnsy3
I think Washington takes him.

Topic also doesn't play defense and can't shoot. Doesn't seem like a Udoka guy
Guitarsoup
1:38p, 5/13/24

Able to clear Rob Dillingham in single bound
AG@RICE
3:55p, 5/14/24
In reply to Guitarsoup
I have a bad feeling he will go #2 and we will end up with French Jabari.
Guitarsoup
4:03p, 5/14/24
In reply to AG@RICE
I think that Washington goes with Topic or Clingan. I don't think they take Reed or Dilly or a long wing.
AG@RICE
4:09p, 5/14/24
In reply to Guitarsoup
Topic just hurt his knee again. Clingan is a suckers bet.
Guitarsoup
4:17p, 5/14/24
In reply to AG@RICE
His knee injury is a sprain and he will be doing the draft stuff in June. Also we are talking about the team that gave out the Bradley Beal and John Wall contracts, then traded for Jordan Poole's contract.

Clingan will be a better Jakob Poeltl. Not going to dominate, but will you a solid 12/9 and good rim protection. That's pretty solid in this ****astic draft.
M.C. Swag
9:28p, 5/14/24
In reply to AG@RICE
lol Clingan is about the only player I'd bet on to get a second contract in the NBA. Every other guy in this draft has a floor of "out of the league in 3 years."
AG@RICE
12:31a, 5/15/24
In reply to M.C. Swag
Clingan is 7' 2'' with a history of foot injuries. His floor is also "out of the league in 3 years".

M.C. Swag
6:32a, 5/15/24
In reply to AG@RICE
Ok, sure but any player can get injured. I'm talking from a pure basketball talent level.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 19 of 19
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings