Wander Franco with a 14 year old girl?
7,865 Views | 41 Replies
Farmer1906
3:24p, 8/13/23

It came out on social media that Wander was in a relationship with a 14 year old girl.

https://x.com/sonnyrespeto/status/1690550882939621377?s=46&t=J1zddlNQ5vKg9XkFdLR6ng

Now someone is claiming it was all a scam to get money.

https://x.com/gingersnaphyde/status/1690786789659754496?s=46&t=J1zddlNQ5vKg9XkFdLR6ng

Quote:

More details from the alleged Wander Franco story translated to English:

Now it is made public because he did not want to give her the 200 thousand dollars and the Mercedes that she wanted because she does not upload the messages that she herself tells him that she is going to screw up his career if he does not give her that or marries her because that case is being echoed now or because they wanted money because they don't say that the mother accepted the relationship and that he gave the mother a car, and that when he came into the life of that girl it was because she herself He told him that he was 18 years old and when he saw that his mother accepted the relationship, he thought it was true so that photo was in October of the other year and since he moved away from that family because they only wanted to get money from him and now he is calm in a relationship, they do this, almost, but you also publish the proof of the other version, don't just take the girl, be careful, I'm a woman and mother of a baby, I'm not justifying anything, I just want the case to be clarified very well, thank you.

Whatever the case is, just terrible all around.
Farmer1906
12:13p, 8/14/23

Farmer1906
12:15p, 8/14/23
EastSideAg2002
12:39p, 8/14/23
Whichever side is true is fu'dup.
bearkatag15
2:39p, 8/14/23

Farmer1906
2:55p, 8/15/23
More?

South Platte
3:20p, 8/15/23
Farmer's got 4 posts on this thread . . . . that's not odd at all.

Mathguy64
6:28p, 8/15/23
He's going to be suspended for more than a road trip.
Lonestar_Ag09
7:28a, 8/17/23
https://x.com/talkinbaseball_/status/1692067461993046498?s=46&t=54odLjsCzZQuXIzl8dOtQA
Farmer1906
7:29a, 8/17/23
In reply to Lonestar_Ag09
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Fify
07ag
8:02a, 8/17/23
In reply to Farmer1906
are the rays still on the hook for the $176 million they owe him or does that contract get voided?
https://ts.la/eric59704
PhatMack19
8:42a, 8/17/23
In reply to 07ag
07ag said:

are the rays still on the hook for the $176 million they owe him or does that contract get voided?

Morals clause in all these contracts would void it.
AgRyan04
12:42p, 8/17/23
What are the laws in the DR on consensual age?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sex Panther
12:51p, 8/17/23
In reply to AgRyan04
AgRyan04 said:

Txhuntr
2:06p, 8/17/23
I don't read twitter well, and I understand broken English even less. So he was dating a minor that he didn't know was a minor, whose family was supportive of the relationship to get their hands on some MLB bucks. When he cooled off on her, she came out and said she was a minor? Definitely some poor judgment on wander, but I don't think he should be dragged through the coals over it. More like manti teo, severe embarrassment for a lesson learned.
Ag_07
2:10p, 8/17/23
In reply to Txhuntr
Except as usual with these kinds of deals another underage girl has come out and said he was involved with her in some capacity.

Not sure what's true or not but there is some indication this wasn't an isolated event.
AustinCountyAg
2:12p, 8/17/23
In reply to Txhuntr
there is a pretty big difference between a minor who's maybe 17, and an 8th grader. If he was messing around with a then seventh grader or younger (I'm assuming this relationship didn't start this month) he needs his nuts cut off. That's sexual assault.
Txhuntr
2:13p, 8/17/23
In reply to Ag_07
Ah, carry on with the pitchforks & torches then
Txhuntr
2:18p, 8/17/23
In reply to AustinCountyAg
AustinCountyAg said:

there is a pretty big difference between a minor who's maybe 17, and an 8th grader. If he was messing around with a then seventh grader or younger (I'm assuming this relationship didn't start this month) he needs his nuts cut off. That's sexual assault.

98% of the time you're correct, but there's middle school girls out there that can apply enough makeup to buy a bottle of booze (21). Then you factor in 3rd world ****hole where plenty of mlb players have come up with documentation saying they're older than they actually are to be signed. I could see an isolated incident being an aw shucks moment. Multiple reports is another story though.
AgRyan04
2:53p, 8/17/23
In reply to Txhuntr
Agreed

And it also depends on where it happened (in the US or the DR) and what their laws are
Ag_07
3:06p, 8/17/23
Laws be damned a grown man with a 14 year old is not acceptable whether it's the US, DR, Timbuctoo, or Mars.

And he definitely shouldn't be the face of an MLB franchise.
Furlock Bones
8:48a, 8/18/23
In reply to AgRyan04
AgRyan04 said:

Agreed

And it also depends on where it happened (in the US or the DR) and what their laws are
hell, it could happen in Germany, Italy, some parts of Japan, etc and be totally fine as the laws go. to think this is a 3rd world issue is myopic.

note: grown men having relationships with young teenagers is gross. the question is whether it's legal or illegal where it happened.
TarponChaser
8:57a, 8/18/23
In reply to Furlock Bones
Furlock Bones said:

AgRyan04 said:

Agreed

hell, it could happen in Germany, Italy, some parts of Japan, etc and be totally fine as the laws go. to think this is a 3rd world issue is myopic.

note: grown men having relationships with young teenagers is gross. the question is whether it's legal or illegal where it happened.

I'm with you on grown men with young teenagers being gross but let's not act like there are many places in the world where girls of such a young age are married off to grown men and it's not just acceptable but encouraged there. And it's only really been since the 20th century in western civilization that it hasn't been the norm for girls to married off before they left their teens to older men.
BMX Bandit
9:45a, 8/18/23
In reply to TarponChaser
Quote:

I'm with you on grown men with young teenagers being gross but let's not act like there are many places in the world where girls of such a young age are married off to grown men and it's not just acceptable but encouraged there. And it's only really been since the 20th century in western civilization that it hasn't been the norm for girls to married off before they left their teens to older men.
and for good reason its not accepted. who gives a sheet if it was "normal" in the 19th century or in somalia currently? if wander franco had a slave, would you have posted "sure thats bad, but some places still allow it and it used to be okay here"? the "yeah...but" posts on this are bizarre.

it does not matter if its legal in DR or not (Which its not) MLB is going to hammer him for it. and rightfully so
TarponChaser
9:54a, 8/18/23
In reply to BMX Bandit
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

and for good reason its not accepted. who gives a sheet if it was "normal" in the 19th century or in somalia currently? if wander franco had a slave, would you have posted "sure thats bad, but some places still allow it and it used to be okay here"? the "yeah...but" posts on this are bizarre.

it does not matter if its legal in DR or not (Which its not) MLB is going to hammer him for it. and rightfully so

I'm not remotely saying it's Ok just that different parts of the world have different moral guideposts.
justnobody79
9:59a, 8/18/23
In reply to AgRyan04
AgRyan04 said:

so I said what the hell, when's the next time I'll be in Haiti
AgRyan04
10:28a, 8/18/23
In reply to BMX Bandit
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

I am against child rape and Im against slavery but I think the facts and legalities are very relevant to the conversation.

If anyone ACTUALLY cared morally what was and wasn't legal in other countries then Nike would be out of business because no one in America would by slave labor sneakers/shirts and everyone who was sponsored or wore Nike would get fired.

Ag_07
10:31a, 8/18/23
In reply to AgRyan04
Just stop now
AgRyan04
11:30a, 8/18/23
Morality is a funny game and a slippery slope
TarponChaser
11:56a, 8/18/23
In reply to Ag_07
Ag_07 said:

Just stop now

You may not like it but he's got a point. If people cared the NBA would be out of business for the way they're in bed with the Chinese government.
Lonestar_Ag09
12:23p, 8/18/23
People don't care about it on a corporate level. However they care on a person level. And with that an organization cares if that person would have to be paid by them.
EastSideAg2002
2:12p, 8/18/23
Maybe he identifies as a 15 yr old boy or a 16th century European noble.
AgRyan04
4:31p, 8/18/23
I'm not saying your wrong but that's actually kinda weird.

In one scenario, one person is being exploited and in the other scenario, hundreds or thousands of people are being exploited.
Lonestar_Ag09
5:52p, 8/18/23
In reply to AgRyan04
It's about the closeness. An individual person has a name and face. A group is a group.

Nazis killed and imprisoned millions of Jews and not everyone agreed but many were passively ok with it. Or even just putting them in camps. That same person wouldn't be ok standing there as a soldier murdered a Jewish child.
AgRyan04
7:44a, 8/19/23
You're not wrong there. I guess morality isn't the act itself, it's how it makes people feel
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off