Savannah Bananas coming to Houston
8,647 Views | 84 Replies
Bullpen Chias
7:45p, 10/5/23
Site crashes when I try to sign up for ticket lottery
Cromagnum
10:44a, 10/6/23
Wife got us signed up for lottery. May the odds be forever in everyone's favor.
Ag_07
11:15a, 10/6/23
Thanks for the link guys
Bullpen Chias
11:17a, 10/6/23
In reply to Ag_07
Ag_07 said:

Thanks for the link guys

Google hard
https://www.mlb.com/astros/tickets/savannah-bananas
WES2006AG
11:28a, 10/6/23
Is there really so much demand for these tickets that they need to hold a lottery for them. I know these guys are fun but didn't think there would be a ton of excess demand.
CampingAg
11:30a, 10/6/23
In reply to WES2006AG
WES2006AG said:

Is there really so much demand for these tickets that they need to hold a lottery for them. I know these guys are fun but didn't think there would be a ton of excess demand.
Demand is massive. They aren't Dude Perfect level with the kids but they are up there. They sell out everywhere they go. Even two summers ago we were in Savannah on vacation and they were sold out for the entire summer.
Bullpen Chias
11:33a, 10/6/23
In reply to WES2006AG
WES2006AG said:

The tickets are typically cheap as well. I'd expect them to be in the $25-$40 range. All their road show events to date have been general admission. Curious if they will do that in big league park.

Either way, I would anticipate a sellout and large markup on secondary.
Bullpen Chias
11:35a, 10/6/23
In reply to CampingAg
Yeah. They have a larger social following than most every MLB team. About the same as Astros and Rangers combined.
12:58p, 10/6/23
When they played in sugarland last year, tickets sold out pretty much instantly and were impossible to come by.

With this year being in minutemaid with nearly 6x the capacity, I'd kind of be shocked if it sold out. Maybe they're gauging if they will close off the upper decks like they do for the shriners classic.

Bullpen Chias
1:02p, 10/6/23
In reply to 24601
I'm going to be shocked if it doesn't sell out. They played two games in Durham, NC this summer. 11k capacity both sold out and $25 tickets were fetching $400 on secondary. I think they'll sell 41k with ease honestly.
Ciboag96
1:38p, 10/6/23
Can Angel Hernandez be the umpire?
CampingAg
2:21p, 10/6/23
In reply to Ciboag96
Ciboag96 said:

Can Angel Hernandez be the umpire?
If Angel was committed to the bit he could go join the Bananas and do skits a la Mark Cuban and that ref on April Fool's Day a long time ago.
Mathguy64
5:01p, 10/6/23
Pretty sure that I saw the Sugarland game had a wait list of 500k. Holding it at MMP it's still going to Taylor Swift level difficult to get a ticket.
aggiecody06
8:30p, 10/6/23
In reply to Mathguy64
That is accurate. There was a waitlist of over 500k people for the 2 games played this year in Sugarland…..insane
Beat40
10:13p, 10/6/23
It's tons of fun. There is some stuff they could do to make the game part better like announce the things that trigger a cowboy hat dance or whatever, but it's entertaining.

It's essentially one big party. DJ and music constantly being paid. We had a good time when we went with the kids in Sugarland last year.
Breggy Popup
1:41a, 10/7/23
In reply to Mathguy64
Mathguy64 said:

Pretty sure that I saw the Sugarland game had a wait list of 500k. Holding it at MMP it's still going to Taylor Swift level difficult to get a ticket.
I'll take that. Got my daughter and her cousins T-Swiz tickets earlier this year for face value.

Of course, that may have used up my ticket lottery luck for 2023.
Sea Speed
7:05p, 10/7/23
Is the lottery still broken for anyone else?
ktownag08
7:22p, 10/7/23
Didn't get a confirmation email so seems broken.
Breggy Popup
7:41p, 10/7/23
I got a confirmation email, still waiting on the text.
Cromagnum
8:15p, 10/7/23
In reply to Breggy Popup
Bregxit said:

I got a confirmation email, still waiting on the text.

Wife got a confirmation email that said she was already confirmed, but no text. So I don't know what the hell that means.
M-Neezy
10:51p, 10/8/23
I just did the email and text confirm. If you read the small print on the email it says after you click to confirm your email you have to send a text from your number you signed up on. It worked for me if anyone is having any issues might check the text requirement.
Breggy Popup
10:54p, 10/8/23
In reply to M-Neezy
M-Neezy said:

I just did the email and text confirm. If you read the small print on the email it says after you click to confirm your email you have to send a text from your number you signed up on. It worked for me if anyone is having any issues might check the text requirement.
Mine said they will send a text via SMS with a link to verify my phone. Still have not received the text.
spadilly
11:06p, 10/8/23
In reply to Breggy Popup
Bregxit said:

M-Neezy said:

Mine said they will send a text via SMS with a link to verify my phone. Still have not received the text.

Same.
Dr. Doctor
7:45a, 10/9/23
I haven't gotten the email...
The Milkman
7:56a, 10/9/23
In reply to Breggy Popup
Bregxit said:

M-Neezy said:

It took me like 2 or 3 days to get the text.
n_touch
8:44a, 10/9/23
In reply to Breggy Popup
Bregxit said:

M-Neezy said:

It took a couple of days and even then I did not get a text. I got an email reminder. It said to text "VERIFY email address here" (no quotes) to 858-463-5818. Try that and see if enters you. I got the email shortly after that I was in the lottery.
Sea Speed
8:56a, 10/9/23
I signed up yesterday and still have not received an email
wessimo
8:56a, 10/9/23
In reply to n_touch
Texting worked for me also, thanks!
AustinCountyAg
9:00a, 10/9/23
how many innings do they play? how long are the games?
Breggy Popup
9:06a, 10/9/23
In reply to n_touch
Thanks sir! Worked great to get the text verification done.
Breggy Popup
9:07a, 10/9/23
In reply to Sea Speed
Sea Speed said:

I signed up yesterday and still have not received an email

It took 24 hours for the email to show up. Make sure to check your spam also just in case.
Sea Speed
9:08a, 10/9/23
In reply to Breggy Popup
I've been doing that. If it doesn't come in by COB today I may just use a different email.
Breggy Popup
9:12a, 10/9/23
In reply to Sea Speed
Sea Speed said:

I've been doing that. If it doesn't come in by COB today I may just use a different email.

You can. Also be patient. They're getting a massive amount of requests and I suspect they aren't blowing their budget on IT infrastructure to process it all lightning quick.
Bullpen Chias
9:17a, 10/9/23
In reply to AustinCountyAg
AustinCountyAg said:

how many innings do they play? how long are the games?

They open the doors early and do a good job of pregame entertainment. The actual game is two hours. Innings are played match play style. Visitors score a run in top of first and then home team hits a grand slam, inning over, home team up 1 inning to none.
Bullpen Chias
9:18a, 10/9/23
In reply to Bullpen Chias
If a team wins first 5 innings, game over.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 3
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings