Astros/Rangers Discussion - NO MODS ALLOWED
51,204 Views | 1035 Replies
DallasAg 94
2:16p, 5/6/24
In reply to Farmer1906
Farmer1906
2:23p, 5/6/24
In reply to DallasAg 94
All that to say you don't know what was happening in the late teens, especially in 2019.
Farmer1906
2:29p, 5/6/24
In reply to Farmer1906
Farmer1906 said:

All that to say you don't know what was happening in the late teens, especially in 2019.
Fine fine. I'll give you a hint.

DallasAg 94
2:42p, 5/6/24
In reply to Farmer1906
DallasAg 94
2:50p, 5/6/24
In reply to Farmer1906
Farmer1906
2:56p, 5/6/24
In reply to DallasAg 94
We've already gone over this. Career high in FB%, Pull%, and Barrel% all while hitting the ball softer than league average.
Mathguy64
3:01p, 5/6/24
In reply to Farmer1906
Farmer1906 said:

We've already gone over this. Career high in FB%, Pull%, and Barrel% all while hitting the ball softer than league average.

He doesn't do stats and percentiles. But arm length? All over that.
Farmer1906
3:05p, 5/6/24
In reply to Mathguy64
Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

He doesn't do stats and percentiles. But arm length? All over that.

Wemby probably hits 90 HRs a season. He chose the wrong sport.
TarponChaser
3:21p, 5/6/24
In reply to DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94 said:

I'm going to need a head measure before I can start to question those guys.

That appears to be the only determining factor.

Truth be told... there is enough smoke around Big Papi and Beltre that one has to assume both likely benefited.

MLB let A-Rod win the MVP knowing he had tested positive for steroids... and I believe they allowed him to continue to use it. 10% of MLB are allowed a TUE for Adderall and without publicly publishing the names, everyone has to be considered.

It is the game MLB has now given us.

Re-instate Shoeless Joe and Pete Rose and let's quick screwing around.

I'm late to this but is it your contention that Altuve is or has used PEDs?

DallasAg 94
3:22p, 5/6/24
In reply to Farmer1906
Only if he played all his games at MMP... you know... pulling the ball to the short fence, and all...
Farmer1906
3:27p, 5/6/24
In reply to DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94 said:

Only if he played all his games at MMP... you know... pulling the ball to the short fence, and all...

All left fields are shorter than all center fields.
DallasAg 94
3:34p, 5/6/24
In reply to TarponChaser
DallasAg 94
3:37p, 5/6/24
In reply to Farmer1906
South Platte
3:47p, 5/6/24
Altuve didn't juice, please. I'm pro-juice anyway. You all should be. If not, then you obviously prefer the romantic company of men.

Somebody on here called him the best hitter of his generation, and I bristle at that statement, although I can't think of anyone who would be clearly above him. He's up there at the top with Trout, Harper, or Betts.
Farmer1906
3:58p, 5/6/24
In reply to South Platte
South Platte said:

Altuve didn't juice, please. I'm pro-juice anyway. You all should be. If not, then you obviously prefer the romantic company of men.

Somebody on here called him the best hitter of his generation, and I bristle at that statement, although I can't think of anyone who would be clearly above him. He's up there at the top with Trout, Harper, or Betts.

Trout is #1 by far.

Freeman, Betts, Goldschmidt, Harper, Judge, Altuve, Soto, Ohtani, Alvarez, and Acuna are the top tier for me. The last 4 kind of fall to the next generation somewhat.
Mr Gigem
4:02p, 5/6/24
In reply to Farmer1906
You're forgetting Rougned Odor
The Porkchop Express
4:35p, 5/6/24
In reply to DallasAg 94
If you are married, condolences to your wife for being married to someone this obtuse.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
The Porkchop Express
4:40p, 5/6/24
In reply to DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94 said:

TarponChaser said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Truth be told... there is enough smoke around Big Papi and Beltre that one has to assume both likely benefited.

MLB let A-Rod win the MVP knowing he had tested positive for steroids... and I believe they allowed him to continue to use it. 10% of MLB are allowed a TUE for Adderall and without publicly publishing the names, everyone has to be considered.

100%.

I'll catch you up...

He hits HRs at the rate of Bonds and Griffey.

But (the rebuttal),
  • He learned something no other hitter in MLB knows and that is to pull the ball, hit it softer, and such. But, we're not sure when he learned it.
  • Altuve's gaudy HR #s are the result of him learning to benefit from the short LF at MMP, despite his H/A splits being too close to differentiate.
  • He is stronger than any other baseball player (per Carlos Correa)
  • He has more twitch than anyone and a faster eye-to-action than anyone... even an online gamer blitzed on Adderall. (per Luhnow. I inserted teh italic words)
  • He benefited from a juiced ball in 2019, specifically and even though all of MLB has gone down in HR rate, Altuve's hasn't because he pulls the ball. Something nobody else in baseball does.
  • He won the MVP in 2017 when at least 3 other MVP vote-getters in the T10 were on teams known to have used and benefitted from sign-stealing, another player was positive for PEDs just a couple years prior, and 2 more had accusations of PEDs from other years retracted.
  • And that because Altuve learned to pull the ball... at 5'6" he can carry the muscle mass necessary to compete on a HR rate with guys 6'1" (Bonds) and Griffey (6'3")

Does that help? Did I miss anything?

So what is your analysis of Ohtani - who can hit 40 HR or win 15 games with a 2.50 ERA. Nobody else has done that since Babe Ruth. Is he a time traveler? A cyborg? Clearly he's using right? Because nobody can be a player who has done something nobody else has before?
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
DallasAg 94
4:50p, 5/6/24
In reply to The Porkchop Express
Mr Gigem
4:50p, 5/6/24
This would not shock me if Ohtani was busted for PEDs. Dude had a fall guy for his gambling issues. MLB knows it. Everyone knows it. No telling what else MLB is hiding with their golden child
The Porkchop Express
5:11p, 5/6/24
In reply to DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94 said:

The Porkchop Express said:

So what is your analysis of Ohtani - who can hit 40 HR or win 15 games with a 2.50 ERA. Nobody else has done that since Babe Ruth. Is he a time traveler? A cyborg? Clearly he's using right? Because nobody can be a player who has done something nobody else has before?
We should probably wait to find out if he bet on baseball.

Why? Does that give him more physical ability? Sounds like you're just ducking a question that doesn't fit your judgment system.
TarponChaser
5:39p, 5/6/24
In reply to DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94 said:

TarponChaser said:

DallasAg 94 said:

100%.

I'll catch you up...

He hits HRs at the rate of Bonds and Griffey.

But (the rebuttal),
  • He learned something no other hitter in MLB knows and that is to pull the ball, hit it softer, and such. But, we're not sure when he learned it.
  • Altuve's gaudy HR #s are the result of him learning to benefit from the short LF at MMP, despite his H/A splits being too close to differentiate.
  • He is stronger than any other baseball player (per Carlos Correa)
  • He has more twitch than anyone and a faster eye-to-action than anyone... even an online gamer blitzed on Adderall. (per Luhnow. I inserted teh italic words)
  • He benefited from a juiced ball in 2019, specifically and even though all of MLB has gone down in HR rate, Altuve's hasn't because he pulls the ball. Something nobody else in baseball does.
  • He won the MVP in 2017 when at least 3 other MVP vote-getters in the T10 were on teams known to have used and benefitted from sign-stealing, another player was positive for PEDs just a couple years prior, and 2 more had accusations of PEDs from other years retracted.
  • And that because Altuve learned to pull the ball... at 5'6" he can carry the muscle mass necessary to compete on a HR rate with guys 6'1" (Bonds) and Griffey (6'3")

Does that help? Did I miss anything?

What the hell are you talking about?

Altuve has 216 career HR in 6805 ABs for a rate of 1 HR per 31.5 ABs. Bonds is at 1:12.9 and Griffey is at 1:15.5.

There's no need to rebut anything because there's less than zero evidence of Altuve using PEDs. Ever.
Silent For Too Long
6:30p, 5/6/24
Even his fellow Arlingtonian's won't defend this navel gazing paint sniffers posts, yet he's bat flipping like he won something.

It's just a matter of time before he plays the "lulz I was just trolling you guys," card.

But then again, he still thinks Rougned is the best 2nd basemen in the history of baseball, soooo.....
TarponChaser
7:22p, 5/6/24
In reply to Silent For Too Long
Silent For Too Long said:

Even his fellow Arlingtonian's won't defend this navel gazing paint sniffers posts, yet he's bat flipping like he won something.

It's just a matter of time before he plays the "lulz I was just trolling you guys," card.

But then again, he still thinks Rougned is the best 2nd basemen in the history of baseball, soooo.....

So it's an example of "never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
DallasAg 94
8:04p, 5/6/24
DallasAg 94
8:13p, 5/6/24
In reply to Silent For Too Long
The Porkchop Express
8:56p, 5/6/24
In reply to DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

We should probably wait to find out if he bet on baseball.

Why? Does that give him more physical ability? Sounds like you're just ducking a question that doesn't fit your judgment system.
It was sarcasm. I didn't dodge anything. I'll reserve judgment on him. I'd like to see how MLB handles his betting situation.

MLB banned Shoeless Joe.Jackson. I don't know his guilt or innocense, but lean towards him being innocent. Should Pete Rose be banned?

Back to your question.. we know MLB treats players and teams differently. MLB has created a situation where some players are allowed to use PEDs. Like it or not... that's the case.

The answer to your question isn't IF Ohtani is using PEDs... the question is does he have a TUE for it. Adderall lasts about 72hrs in the body. AFAIK, Chris Davis is the only one that has tested positive and it was disclosed he had a TUE the year before and just forgot to renew it. He is one of those guys I wish we could line up his usage with his performance.

I don't give a rats ass if Altuve is using Adderall. It is why I say "legally or illegally." I think you either let ALL players use it... or NO players use it. ADHD is diagnosed as having 3 people tell the diagnostician that they think you have ADHD.

I just don't understand why you Astros fans are so adamant that he doesn't use it... legally or illegally. It is why I ask... would it change your view of him if you knew he used Adderall?! And when I ask, nobody wants to answer it, but go on the make silly claims.
I don't care if ALtuve uses Aderall.
Where did you come up with this nugget, though?
The Porkchop Express
9:08p, 5/6/24
Also here are two more clear abusers. You dial cooperstown and let them know to take the plaques down.

Player A (HOF)
2002 (36) 1 HR every 9.96 games
2003 (37) 1 HR ever 9.67 games
2004 (38) 1 HR every 6.5 games
2005 (39) 1 HR every 5.96 games
2006 (40) 1 HR every 6.9 games

Player B (HOF)
1989 (32) 1 HR every 14.9 games
1990 (33) 1 HR every 8.58 games
1991 (34) 1 HR every 9.17 games
1992 (35) 1 HR ever 13.1 games
1993 (36) 1 HR every 7.27 games
1994 (37) 1 HR every 8.12 games

DallasAg 94
10:38a, 5/7/24
The Porkchop Express
11:06a, 5/7/24
In reply to DallasAg 94
My daughter takes ADHD meds. Was just curious about your statement. Thanks.
DallasAg 94
2:04p, 5/7/24
The Porkchop Express
4:06p, 5/7/24
In reply to DallasAg 94
Not at all. I'm sure we've both run into a bunch of ****ing morons who run their mouth about kids without experiencing it. I was just wondering.
Aggies2009
7:35p, 5/7/24
I wondered if a win tonight would mean the Yankees win the season series against the Astros.

Turns out, they already won it because they're only playing 3 games in NY and won 4 in Houston.
Mathguy64
7:40p, 5/7/24
NM. Wrong thread.
tjack16
7:43p, 5/7/24
In reply to Aggies2009
Aggies2009 said:

I wondered if a win tonight would mean the Yankees win the season series against the Astros.

Turns out, they already won it because they're only playing 3 games in NY and won 4 in Houston.

Yep. That is indeed how math works
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 24 of 30
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off