Would you rather (baseball career)...

630 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by AgRyan04
AustinAg2K
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would you rather be a HS phenom who gets picked #1 overall and signs a $10+ million contract, but blow your arm out and never make it to the majors, or be a mid level prospect who is a minor league journeyman, but through a series of freak events ends up making his only MLB appearance in Game 7 of the WS and wins it with a walk off grand slam, but it's your only major league at bat and you never get a major league contract.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I'm going with scenario #2. At least you get a cup of coffee and will never have to buy a drink in the hometown of your team again.
Double Talkin' Jive...
The Porkchop Express
More ass with Option #2

WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah...I'm gonna take scenario #1 and setting me and my family up for life and that's not even a hard decision.
AustinCountyAg
The Porkchop Express said:

More ass with Option #2

a #1 HS prospect get plenty of options as well. knock it all out when your young and find a hottie to marry. option 2 has you grinding in crap hole towns for a number of years, trying to pick up chicks at the local beer joint.

give me option 1.
wangus12
AG
Ag_07 said:

Yeah...I'm gonna take scenario #1 and setting me and my family up for life and that's not even a hard decision.
Same
The Porkchop Express
AustinCountyAg said:

The Porkchop Express said:

More ass with Option #2

a #1 HS prospect get plenty of options as well. knock it all out when your young and find a hottie to marry. option 2 has you grinding in crap hole towns for a number of years, trying to pick up chicks at the local beer joint.

give me option 1.
Option 2 you're playing baseball for years for a job. And most chicks are too dumb to know that professional baseball player means you play for the Toledo Mudhens. And you get all the Florida ladies every spring. And when you hit the Grand Slam, you never have to work or try hard for a date ever again.

Meanwhile in Option 1, by year 4 of the marriage, your hot wife is SO UFCKING SICK of your story about "If I hadn't blown my arm out"
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
94chem
I love baseball, so option 2. And my great grandkids would be talking about it for 100 years.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
AgRyan04
Option 2...for the love of the game!

Not the exact same scenario but Kyle Schwarber will never have to pay for a meal in Chicago for his 2016 World Series contributions. He had a season ending leg injury in game 2 of the regular season (had 4 regular season at bats) but he rehabbed as hard as he could all year long in case the team made the playoffs and was medically cleared just prior to the World Series. After not seeing live pitching in 160+ games he absolutely raked, hitting .412 as the DH in the games in Cleveland to help lead the charge to a title.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.