1:15p, 4/15/24
In reply to The Pilot
I would probably agree with this.
62strat
1:25p, 4/15/24
In reply to The Pilot
The Pilot said:

mwc0746 said:

Yes Downtown 3 days a week. Wife would work in Littleton.

Probably ok with 30-45 minute commute.
I don't think any of the common southern suburbs (HR, LT, Parker) would work for this. I live in east Highlands Ranch and the commute to the Tech Center is about 30 min, not making it to downtown in less than 45 min.

Maybe Lakewood would be a good middle ground. The northern parts of Littleton might take you to downtown in less than 45?
30 min from east HR to tech center? Isn't that like 5-7 miles?

I drop my kids off at main/jordan in Parker at 8:30 and typically get to work by 5-10 after 9. Office is I70/pecos, so just north of downtown.
On a bad day, it's 45 min. Rarely been longer than that.
aggietb
1:26p, 4/15/24
I'm in Lone Tree and before our office moved to DTC and I was commuting downtown it was anywhere from 45 min to an hour 20 to get home at 5PM. Never dealt with morning rush hour but I would guess it to be the same.
62strat
2:09p, 4/15/24
I guess specific location can make a difference.
I can be on I70/25 from my office door in about 2-3 minutes as I'm right at the roundabout on pecos/70; whereas if you're downtown, you're maybe in a parking garage, stuck at a few lights so it's 10 min or more just to get to 25.
Then when I exit ridgegate, it's a nascar track along empty fields until you hit chambers, and that's where I live. If I were in canterberry in east parker, it would add another 10 easily if not more.

1:20 from downtown to lone tree assuming no really bad wreck or storm, that seems like quite an outlier.
aggietb
2:28p, 4/15/24
Yeah was just giving the best and worst of the commute. We were deep downtown at republic, parked in the garage at the Sheraton so would easily take 10-15 to get to 25. Then those days if there was a fender bender even on 25 it was over an hour easy. 35 min in the morning before most people were awake though!
The Pilot
2:32p, 4/15/24
In reply to 62strat
62strat said:

The Pilot said:

mwc0746 said:

I don't think any of the common southern suburbs (HR, LT, Parker) would work for this. I live in east Highlands Ranch and the commute to the Tech Center is about 30 min, not making it to downtown in less than 45 min.

Maybe Lakewood would be a good middle ground. The northern parts of Littleton might take you to downtown in less than 45?
30 min from east HR to tech center? Isn't that like 5-7 miles?

I drop my kids off at main/jordan in Parker at 8:30 and typically get to work by 5-10 after 9. Office is I70/pecos, so just north of downtown.
On a bad day, it's 45 min. Rarely been longer than that.
I'm 12 miles from the office so about double your estimate. It's 10 miles if I go Quebec all the way but that would add time.
Aggie_Boomin 21
8:36p, 4/15/24
In reply to mwc0746
mwc0746 said:

What would you say are the most important things that you're looking for? Good schools, walkability, proximity to mountains, etc.?
aggietb
4:41p, 4/19/24
Anyone know somewhere to get live crawfish? Lone Tree/Highlands Ranch Area
Skywalker18
5:33p, 4/19/24
In reply to aggietb
I'll go halfsies on a bag if you invite us over to eat with you haha. That is if you can actually find some. You might try talking to NoNos restaurant in highlands ranch. I know they fly in live crawfish on Saturdays. Maybe they can order an extra bag to throw on the plane for you. Be prepared to pay a pretty penny up here though….
BQ2001
8:37p, 4/26/24
had a lot out hail out in Littleton tonight. Usually a weather app gives me a heads up but this one went from nothing to 10 minutes of hail in a snap. Luckily it was all pretty small. After a while there were some cars not able to get up the hill on our street, that was fun to watch.
The Pilot
8:53p, 4/26/24
Saw pictures of hail close to .75" in west HR, only pea size on the east side.
TheVarian
1:03p, 4/29/24
The Buccees is finally finished, good lord is it packed.
Owen Kellogg
1:18p, 4/29/24
In reply to TheVarian
TheVarian said:

The Buccees is finally finished, good lord is it packed.
I went there on Saturday night. It was a fantastic experience! The kids loved it and are wanting to go back.
62strat
12:07p, 4/30/24
what a game last night!

agdaddy04
11:44p, 4/30/24
Man, how about that Avs series? Georgie was catching a lot of hell at the end of the season and first game of this series. Nice to see him turn it around. And an explosion of offense.
chiken
8:39p, 5/5/24
The answer to Ken Caryl debate!
62strat
9:56p, 5/5/24
In reply to chiken
chiken said:

The answer to Ken Caryl debate!

A guy named Carroll? How do we know if that's care-ul or car-ul?

seeing as it's a boy, maybe it is Car-ul?

The Pilot
9:59a, 5/6/24
Not a good day for trash day. The neighborhood is filled with trash bins toppled over from the damn wind.
NASAg03
10:33a, 5/14/24
Anyone going to any Red Rocks shows this season? Lost of great artists and prices are now quite normal. Just grabbed a pair for my fiancee and I to see Whiskey Myers, Black Pistol Fire and Jason Boland in GA. She's grabbing a pair for us to see Flatland Cavalry and Randy Rogers Band, both of which I've seen at the Grizzly Rose, but a more chill concert at Red Rocks will be perfect.

https://www.redrocksonline.com/events/?view=grid
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
62strat
10:39a, 5/14/24
In reply to NASAg03
NASAg03 said:

Anyone going to any Red Rocks shows this season? Lost of great artists and prices are now quite normal. Just grabbed a pair for my fiancee and I to see Whiskey Myers, Black Pistol Fire and Jason Boland in GA. She's grabbing a pair for us to see Flatland Cavalry and Randy Rogers Band, both of which I've seen at the Grizzly Rose, but a more chill concert at Red Rocks will be perfect.

https://www.redrocksonline.com/events/?view=grid
I picked up 3 1964 beatles tribute tickets to take my parents both of their birthdays are right around the show.

60th anny (within a few days I think) of when the beatles played red rocks.
Jock 07
2:38p, 5/14/24
In reply to NASAg03
Thinking about trying to get to the Lyle Lovett show.
Aggie_Boomin 21
11:23p, 5/14/24
In reply to NASAg03
Went to whiskey myers last year. Show was great aside from getting hailed on.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 106 of 106
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings