Denver
410,526 Views | 3696 Replies
proudaggie02
4:26p, 7/26/12
Just an FYI: there will be 16 Dogfish Head beers on tap at Parry's Pizzeria from 11 am to 11 pm on Saturday.
proudaggie02
8:10p, 7/26/12
Tomorrow night at Parry's on Univeristy/Lincoln and Highlands Ranch Parkway?

There's a good chance that myself, db, and our wives will be eating at Parry's. Probably some time around 6-7 is my guess. We could either all eat together, or you guys can come when we're getting done eating & just have a drink or two (db and I could "make" our wives go home if necessary, perhaps). Feel free to bring your wife or a friend.

Pedro, 62strat, etc..... let me know if you're thinking about coming, so that we can line it up.
dbtexasag05
11:09p, 7/26/12
Sounds like everybody is scared!
FJB
2:35a, 7/27/12
I'm there.
62strat
10:01a, 7/27/12
i guess i should check this thread more often hah.

def. plan on doing parrys tomorrow. With my wife and aunt/uncle. Not sure on what time, maybe in between lunch and dinner rush so it's not so crowded?

I have no idea how the crowd is for something like this so...

We won't be going tonight though, we have a group going to old mill brewery in littleton.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 7/27/2012 9:02a).]
proudaggie02
10:52a, 7/27/12
Pedro- what's your email? I will shoot you an email.

62strat- I've gone at lunch time and early afternoon for tap takeovers at Parry's, and I haven't had to wait for a table before. The only time I've waited is for dinner. I'm 50/50 on whether I will go on Saturday. I'll try to remember to wear an Aggie hat if I go so I will be easy to spot.
62strat
11:38a, 7/27/12
ok good. Well i was planning on going a bit after lunch then, maybe 2ish. I'll wear a maroon shirt as well, probably an astros hat. makes it easy. wife has long light colored hair. I hope we can get a spot in/near the bar.
dbtexasag05
12:21p, 7/27/12

The bar is pretty small. Besides this is Denver, you set out on the patio and enjoy the weather!
62strat
12:38p, 7/27/12
ahh touche.

it's always quickest service at the bar though
FJB
4:45p, 7/27/12
Here is one of my personal emails

Elmajico2000@yahoo(dot)com
Hank Mardukas
4:59p, 7/27/12
Silver Arrows,

I really like Park Ave West. It's a nice complex, maintenance is quick to fix whatever problem you have and the other residents are nice. Not in the best part of town, but not in a dangerous part of town. There's kind of a homeless hangout place like 2 blocks north but I just don't walk by there. I've walked home a bunch from the bars past 2am and never felt unsafe. I'd recommend it. Really awesome hole-in-the-wall mexican place directly across the street I go to all the time for breakfast burriots and cheesesteaks(believe it or not). And Yazoo BBQ is only a 5 min walk away too.

[This message has been edited by SunDevilAg (edited 7/27/2012 4:03p).]
Sooner Born
8:59p, 7/27/12
Rumor has it Proud's wife once challenged for Gina Carano for a belt.
dbtexasag05
10:15p, 7/27/12
Only after my wife retired from ankle problems.
coolhand06
4:14p, 7/30/12
Turns out my wife and I will be joining the Denver Aggie crowd as well. We're looking at settling west of town (Golden down to Ken Caryl or even out to Evergreen or Genessee). Any comments on traffic and drive time out west on I-70 or 6? Is 285 maintained well in the winter? TIA.
dbtexasag05
11:54p, 7/30/12
6 is a disaster at all times. I70 farther west can keep you from getting into town during bad weather.

Lots of folks live in evergreen. It will honestly depend on where you work and the life style you want to pursue.

Is it a preference to live in the mountains?
coolhand06
9:25p, 7/31/12
We are looking to live in the mountains or at least the foothills. We have lived the city life in Houston for the last 4 years and are looking to get a little more rustic. I couldn't fathom driving 30-45 minutes to live in the Woodlands or Katy here in Houston, but we are more than willing to drive that far to be in the mountains in Denver. What I have no feel for is the road maintenance in the winter...i.e. what roads turn a 30 min drive into an hour or more due to winter conditions. Thanks for the help.
dbtexasag05
11:12p, 7/31/12
Cool,

The problem with the roads is you just never know. You pay taxes and it never seems to be enough. I70 and 6th suck period. If you put a little snow on them, have fun. There will just be times you can not get to the office, its expected. Those roads suck right now in the middle of the summer. You could always get a helicopter.

Honestly though it is expected. Just be honest with your employer so you are able to work from home. WELCOME TO DENVER!

[This message has been edited by dbtexasag05 (edited 7/31/2012 10:14p).]
proudaggie02
1:22a, 8/1/12
I find 6 to be the fastest "highway" in Denver, though I don't use it very often.
62strat
11:12a, 8/1/12
South Denver ags
Great deal on a food/wine/beer/art event in Lone Tree.
http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/858/deals/400420-weekend-taste-ticket-for-two-adults

"Pay $15 for two adult tickets to A Taste of Lone Tree, including unlimited tastings of restaurant food, microbrews, and wine (a $30 value). Or, pay $20 for a family pass (regularly $45).

Art and food festival on August 11 and 12, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., at the Lincoln Commons retail district at RidgeGate in Lone Tree. The fifth annual festival will feature multiple-choice samplers of spirits and of cuisine from more than 25 local restaurants, and area artists will display their work for you to study."
dbtexasag05
1:15p, 8/1/12
Lone Tree snobs.
Sooner Born
1:46p, 8/1/12
Lone Tree Anything
proudaggie02
2:24p, 8/1/12
As the city motto of "The Tree" says, "it's a great day to be in Lone Tree."

I welcome all outsiders to Lone Tree with open arms. Please respect our "code of honor", as this guy will be wtching you.....

proudaggie02
3:16p, 8/1/12
I just purchased a family pass for Taste of Lone Tree. I hope some of you guys can attend. We can party at my house before/after if necessary.
dbtexasag05
4:06p, 8/1/12
Lone Tree police have little who who diddlys obviously!
62strat
4:49p, 8/1/12
wife and I are going as well. possibly some aunts and/or cousins.

will have to lookout for you.. try and remember to wear something either maroon or aggie
proudaggie02
5:48p, 8/1/12
Look for a little girl with an awesome fro; that will be my daughter.
Silver Arrows
7:35p, 8/1/12
OK I'll be living in Park Avenue West, however my lease doesn't start until Sept 7. Till then I'll be renting a room I found on airbnb.

Work starts next week!
FJB
11:03p, 8/1/12
Lone Tree
Hank Mardukas
12:53a, 8/2/12
Silver - we drink on the patio every Sunday. Post here when you move in.
dw72008
10:13p, 8/2/12
I will be signing a lease at 300 east 17th tomorrow. I will be moving in on either Aug 14 or 15 depending on packing and drive time.

I am here now but can't wait to get up here full time
Silver Arrows
12:26a, 8/3/12
SunDevilAg thanks a lot. I probably wont make it this Sunday, but I should be able to go next Sunday.
abroumley
1:19p, 8/3/12
does anyone from the Denver area know anyone in Greeley? One of my best friends son and his family are moving there - are there now - and need to find housing, but only for about 6-8 weeks and are having a hard time finding something. They have 2 kids.
thanks for any help.
Garrelli 5000
10:44p, 8/4/12
Miss Denver so much. Wife and I returned to Dallas for friends and family. I'll be at gabf in October.
proudaggie02
10:58a, 8/6/12
^
I've had 2 sets of friends move back to TX for the same reasons, and both moved back to Denver within 1.5 years. I have no desire to ever leave Denver, but if for some crazy reason I left Denver for TX, I'm sure I'd make it about a year before moving back.

How long were you in Denver?
62strat
12:05p, 8/6/12
I have way more family here in denver (about 20 relatives.), but friends of course all in houston area. Just gotta get them to move here
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 106
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings