Please Welcome New Sponsor, American Souvenir

Howdy, Aggies! We're Leilia and Lance, the folks behind a new Texas company, American Souvenir. We're as excited to be here as a freshman at their first football game! We love everything about the Aggie spirit, the traditions of Texas A&M University, and having fun!

We can't wait to tell you about our first product STAX Nesting Dolls. But first, let's share our story. It all started when two families, each with their own international roots, decided to do something creative together.
Meet Lance and Leilia.

Leilia:
Once upon a time, in the heart of Russia, in Moscow, my path crosses with Pavlin, my future husband. I knew nothing about Texas A&M at that time. And Pavlin, a true Aggie, is far from his Texas home but he carries a piece of it everywhere he goes - his Aggie ring. I am intrigued by this man, who speaks passionately about something called the "Aggie spirit". I listen as he weaves tales of the Midnight Yell, a tradition where kisses are stolen when the Aggies score, stories about the Aggie Bonfire, and got hooked. I remember how one day Pavlin presents a gift to a local restaurant owner in Moscow - an Aggie flag straight from Texas. He insists that a TexMex restaurant should display this symbol, a testament to the Aggie spirit. The same day, the flag is hoisted, its maroon and white colors waving proudly in the heart of Moscow. I can't help but fall in love with these traditions, this sense of unity that seems to be at the heart of the Aggie way of life. It's no surprise when my son, Jeff, follows in Pavlin's footsteps. Like him, Jeff becomes an Aggie, embracing all traditions that come with it.

Lance:
My daughter is an incoming freshman at A&M class of 2027. After a seeming eternity of college visits, standardized testing, and application essays, we ultimately landed on the university close to home and believe we couldn't have made a better choice. As a former Marine, what impresses me about A&M is the strength of its culture and set of traditions deeply rooted in service, very rare for an institution of its size.

My daughter isn't the first in our family to attend a campus in the A&M system. My uncle attended Kingsville in the early 1960s (the College Station campus was not racially integrated at the time), has formed ties with the College Station Campus since then, and was ecstatic to learn that our daughter would be continuing that legacy. I'm pleased to join Leilia in creating a small contribution to A&M traditions.

Our two families, with their different backgrounds and love for Aggie traditions, came together to create something special - STAX Nesting Dolls. You might think of Russian dolls when you hear about nesting dolls. But did you know that nesting dolls actually started in China around 1000 AD, then went to Japan, and only got to Russia in 1900? Now, this tradition is in Texas and we've made it even better!

Our STAX Nesting Dolls are wooden dolls that celebrate Texas A&M University. The dolls show players in the Maroon "Home" Uniform, the White "Away" Uniform, and even the beloved Reveille mascot. The third doll shows the Special Edition Uniform worn during the Aggies' big win over MSU in 2012. Remember that game? Texas A&M wore black jerseys for the first time in over 80 years and won the game thanks to Johnny Football's amazing performance.

As Aggie parents and fans, we know how important the time in College Station is and how it can create lifelong memories. That's why we wanted to create something that celebrates Texas A&M and its rich traditions.

We invite you to visit our website at https://stax-nestingdolls.com/ to see our collection. And remember, the football season starts on September 2nd, so it's the perfect time to get a set of our STAX Nesting Dolls to show your Aggie spirit! Gig'em!