Stock Markets
22,464,320 Views | 225717 Replies
M4 Benelli
12:22p, 5/7/24
Apropos that In sitting on the toilet typing this. Texas needs more sidewalk Mexican stands. I can go a mile up the street and get legit get Mexican food from a pavement vendor on the cheap. (Yes I live in a 3rd world State ran by Commie morons.)

Only thing that's overpriced are the tacos at 3 bucks. A quesadilla is 10, but will satisfy you. If you're really hungry a burrito at 11 bucks will have you full for hours. Though you may toss and turn at night due to high sodium content.

All those illegals flooding Texas don't look like they want to work the pavement. Commies from Venezuela just want free queso, so expect to keep on paying for those grande Supremes. Import some Mexicans bruh, you'll be grubbing down like un rey!

#LightHeartedPostNotPolitical
bhanacik
12:33p, 5/7/24
In reply to ProgN
thanks for the input
I appreciate getting the feedback whether good or bad
Anastasia Beaverhaven
12:39p, 5/7/24
What's going on with POWL? Blows out earnings with increased guidance and not doing as well as thought. Issues with not splitting?
ProgN
12:42p, 5/7/24
In reply to Anastasia Beaverhaven
Anastasia Beaverhaven said:

What's going on with POWL? Blows out earnings with increased guidance and not doing as well as thought. Issues with not splitting?
The volume is nonexistent at the moment. It's just drifting due to lack of activity in their stock, nothing is wrong with POWL. That said, it was a dumbass move by them not to split their stock.
HoustonAg2014
1:07p, 5/7/24
In reply to EliteZags
EliteZags said:

well ordering half the menu anywhere isn't gonna be a $8 experience
LOL hungover Sunday's got me good. Didn't realize people went to Taco Bell and each ordered 1 item... I didn't think ordering 2 items per person was being a big but now I know.
Charismatic Megafauna
1:32p, 5/7/24
In reply to M4 Benelli
You in san diego? Sounds like the roach coaches are still hitting you with the gringo tax!
Brewmaster
1:55p, 5/7/24
turds like GME are rocketing.... the end must be near, lol
Brian Earl Spilner
3:02p, 5/7/24
Took some more profit on TNA (had set stop to 38.90).

Holding out for $41+ now on my remaining shares.
BlueTaze
3:23p, 5/7/24
In reply to Brewmaster
Brewmaster said:

turds like GME are rocketing.... the end must be near, lol

Set alert for $23. If it gets there and stalls a bit, worth buying some puts a few weeks out.
Spoony Love
4:02p, 5/7/24
The AAPL rally is stalling. The last two days have essentially seen very little movement. I think the sell in May is about to begin. SPY tested 518 but "rejected" that level. If it can't push past 518 and reclaim, the two gaps below are beckoning.
M4 Benelli
8:01p, 5/7/24
In reply to Charismatic Megafauna
Charismatic Megafauna said:

You in san diego? Sounds like the roach coaches are still hitting you with the gringo tax!

Nah, Pasadena area. I usually roll with my Mexican wife and get hooked up beyond the norm. Just say "hechele carne" in a dominating voice and they'll pack in the asada.

I'm not a fan of roach coaches. I prefer the sidewalk stands where everything is out in the open for the consumer to see.
Just avoid the dead ones.

Re: POWL shouldve taken another trip to Inspiration Point on Monday and got back in. Now this trollop is acting all frigid and won't even slip me the tongue.
ProgN
8:17p, 5/7/24
In reply to M4 Benelli
M4 Benelli said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

Nah, Pasadena area. I usually roll with my Mexican wife and get hooked up beyond the norm. Just say "hechele carne" in a dominating voice and they'll pack in the asada.

I'm not a fan of roach coaches. I prefer the sidewalk stands where everything is out in the open for the consumer to see.
Just avoid the dead ones.

Re: POWL shouldve taken another trip to Inspiration Point on Monday and got back in. Now this trollop is acting all frigid and won't even slip me the tongue.
You live in Pasadena I assume. Before your next off day, call POWL and ask them if you can come by and learn more about them since you're a shareholder. They're located in Houston. Most corporations will allow it. Just an idea.
M4 Benelli
8:33p, 5/7/24
Pasadena CA :X

I'm fond of Texans and hate Commies, hence my affinity to this forum.
ProgN
8:35p, 5/7/24
In reply to M4 Benelli
My bad man, but we're glad you're here.
giddings_ag_06
8:37p, 5/7/24
In reply to ProgN
It's crazy to me that the founding family lives minutes from me and how this thing has exploded. Crazy how the world works. Big fan of the Powells that I know. I made my $100 (in a few days) just so I could say I was party of the action. Wild stuff…
ProgN
8:44p, 5/7/24
ProgN
8:44p, 5/7/24
In reply to giddings_ag_06
giddings_ag_06 said:

It's crazy to me that the founding family lives minutes from me and how this thing has exploded. Crazy how the world works. Big fan of the Powells that I know. I made my $100 (in a few days) just so I could say I was party of the action. Wild stuff…
Suggest they split their stock to increase their float.
giddings_ag_06
8:48p, 5/7/24
In reply to ProgN
Let me hit the old man up at coffee tomorrow at 6 and work my magic. Just kidding Feds. I don't know any insiders…
ravingfans
12:45a, 5/8/24
In reply to Heineken-Ashi
Heineken, a while back you were going to discuss how to make money in a down market--did I miss the lesson, or did we have too many other interesting topics to cover instead? I kinda remember it might have gotten set aside in favor of the EW explanation maybe??

Anyhow--this might be an excellent time for learning how make money in a downward market!
Talon2DSO
6:04a, 5/8/24
ARM earnings AH today. Anyone else think it may lift others like SMCI?
CincySwimmer
6:35a, 5/8/24
In reply to ravingfans
He may not get back to you today. He mentioned in his discord that he's in Galveston golfing through today.
El_duderino
7:18a, 5/8/24
Wholesale inventory numbers, 3 fed speeches, and 10 year treasury auction today.
Heineken-Ashi
7:47a, 5/8/24
In reply to ravingfans
ravingfans said:

Heineken, a while back you were going to discuss how to make money in a down market--did I miss the lesson, or did we have too many other interesting topics to cover instead? I kinda remember it might have gotten set aside in favor of the EW explanation maybe??

Anyhow--this might be an excellent time for learning how make money in a downward market!

Yes I need to still do that. But these are the ways.

1. Short a stock/ETF - requires margin and is very dangerous.
2. Buy puts - safer with defined risk, but like all options, punishing to your premium if wrong.
3. Inverse ETFs. Instruments thst essentially aim to do the opposite of the underlying. Usually they feature inherent decay due to futures contango. So these are short term only.

If you aren't an experienced trader, those are probably the best 3 ways. There are more complex options strategies, but I would not recommend them when looking for downside unless you have a clear understanding and actual experience using them.

Other ways to profit in down markets.

1. There's a bull market somewhere, find it. Rotate out of weakness and into strength.

2. Volatility - many instruments to choose from. But like inverse ETF's, know exactly what each one is and the decay involved. Playing volatility should be a shorter term game.

3. FOREX - requires margin. Usually down markets feature one or multiple currencies rising or falling hard due to some combination of interest rate movement and currency liquidity. Every trade in forex is a margin trade, but with clearly defined stops, it can actually be lower risk than some of the other methods.

I'll try and go into more detail soon. These are just broad categories but each has certain strategies.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Heineken-Ashi
7:57a, 5/8/24
And I've said this before, but in short term volatility spikes, VXX can be cheaper premium and more profitable than VIX. But the decay is a huge threat so you take your gains when they are there.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Buck Compton
8:51a, 5/8/24
Just speaking as a former FOREX trading analyst and now as someone that has to manage exposure risk and any hedging across multiple currencies in my current position.., it is not for the faint of heart. As you said, every trade is a margin trade, and you're trading on pips (1/100 of 1%, or the 4th decimal place of a currency value). Every trade must have defined stops to the downside to limit risk.

Over the life of a retail forex trading account, I think our number was that only 7% make money, but my memory may be fuzzy. And even those 7% that make money, most of them the return is minimal and under 5% CAGR. Very few retail investors can do this profitably.
El Chupacabra
8:51a, 5/8/24
AOSL out of the dumps finally!
Charismatic Megafauna
8:57a, 5/8/24
Heineken-Ashi said:

1. There's a bull market somewhere, find it. Rotate out of weakness and into strength.

I was going to bring this one up.

Also I personally don't get the mental block against trading short. In upward trends you buy support and trim at resistance. If you go short at resistance use tight stops and take profits quick. In downward trends you do the opposite: buy puts at resistance and sell them at support, and again, if you decide to go counter trend (buy calls) keep tight stops and be quick to take profits
Brian Earl Spilner
9:30a, 5/8/24
In reply to Brian Earl Spilner
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Took some more profit on TNA (had set stop to 38.90).

Holding out for $41+ now on my remaining shares.

Bought some shares back at 37.60 in premarket.
LMCane
9:56a, 5/8/24
In reply to ravingfans
ravingfans said:

He posted a long article about investing in certain types of real estate which would protect you from dropping equities and high inflation.
reedsterg
10:07a, 5/8/24
In reply to RenoAg
RenoAg said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Next resistance

SPX - 5190 SPY 518
IWM - 207
QQQ - 441
SLV - 25.35 then 26
BTC - 67,230
MARA - 22 then 24
CLSK - 18.05 - very close - then 20
10Y yield - 4.57% hard support 4.45%.
AAPL - 188
META - 473
XOM - 118.50
XLE - 94.75
TSLA -194
NVDA - ATH
AMD - 163
SMCI - 860 then 950
PLTR - 25.50
POWL - 175

WWR next resistance 49 cents. Like a taco bell bean burrito in the 90s.
Second day over 50 cents.
ProgN
10:09a, 5/8/24
In reply to CincySwimmer
CincySwimmer said:

He may not get back to you today. He mentioned in his discord that he's in Galveston golfing through today.
EnronAg
10:10a, 5/8/24
In reply to Spoony Love
Spoony Love said:

The AAPL rally is stalling. The last two days have essentially seen very little movement. I think the sell in May is about to begin. SPY tested 518 but "rejected" that level. If it can't push past 518 and reclaim, the two gaps below are beckoning.

about to test 518 again...with yields declining and vix falling off a cliff, this market is about to rip with any fake news to act as a positive catalyst...

haven't followed this Musk/Tesla news at all, but is this a Trump-style hit piece??
M4 Benelli
10:19a, 5/8/24
POWL Short Interest is now near 18 percent.
AgCPA95
10:21a, 5/8/24
In reply to M4 Benelli
M4 Benelli said:

Appreciate this intel. What site shows updated short interest? Haven't spent a ton of time but always seems to be pretty dated when I get a number.
ProgN
10:25a, 5/8/24
In reply to AgCPA95
AgCPA95 said:

M4 Benelli said:

Appreciate this intel. What site shows updated short interest? Haven't spent a ton of time but always seems to be pretty dated when I get a number.
POWL - Powell Industries, Inc. Stock - Share Price, Short Interest, Short Squeeze, Borrow Rates (NasdaqGS) (fintel.io)

Bookmark this site
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 6435 of 6450
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off