maddiedou
2:34p, 1/15/22
Backs
Ted Lasso
3:09p, 1/15/22
In reply to maddiedou
maddiedou said:

Backs

simply looking at it under any magnification wouldve yielded your answer. i got burnt once for 30 bucks when i accidently sent in a reichsmark silver coin to ngc and it came back details - cleaned. i cant imagine buying a 1200 coin and not being able to identify cleaned or not.

maddiedou
3:48p, 1/15/22
Not true and all those coins have been cleaned and that 1892 s. In a ma 60 is worth 40,000 plus

So many coins look great and then you send them in and your balls shrivel up to nothing when it comes back from pcgs as cleaned

My protege as I have said before was 93 years old and probably had over a million dollars in coins and he could not tell a cleaned coin either

I am getting better and more tools tv type monitor with a magnifier for christmas but coin collecting is a rough business and alot of mistakes are made early in as you become smarter with coins. I only buy graded coins now
Post removed:
by user
5:37p, 1/15/22
Hungry Ojos
5:37p, 1/15/22
I'm gonna hold on to it forever I guess. It sounds like it may take decades just to get back to par, so no big deal, lesson learned.

At least the bars are cool to look at…even if they're not worth anything
Post removed:
by user
6:09p, 1/15/22
Post removed:
by user
10:56p, 1/15/22
jagvocate
9:09a, 1/16/22
I'm a bit player. I have an APMEX monthly recurring order for silver maple leafs; I get the points on my card and they show up at the door. Taking the thought out of it was a good move for me, as I tend to do more research than taking action if allowed.
Post removed:
by user
12:25a, 1/17/22
jagvocate
7:15a, 1/17/22
Fat Sexy, all great questions and two parts to my short answer.
1. My approach is not optimized and
2. I buy physical metal as a backup for when the USD doesn't work and likely societal breakdown. Based on my military experience, when a society breaks down, none of the finer points of purchase price etc. will matter. It will be a simple question: Do you have the physical asset of ______ so that you can _____?

Gold and silver are part of the equation as is ammo. I just buy and store.
maddiedou
7:22a, 1/17/22
In reply to jagvocate
Thank you for your service my A&M son in June either picks Army or Airforce
Post removed:
by user
11:46p, 1/17/22
administrative errors
7:52a, 1/18/22

This was too good not to share
Post removed:
by user
9:41a, 1/18/22
Outdoorag011
10:08a, 1/18/22
In reply to administrative errors
Haha good stuff.
jagvocate
9:22a, 1/19/22
In reply to [removed post]
FAT SEXY said:

I guess all of the technology needed to run the Bitcoin network just sprouts up out of the ground. No mining required to build such things.

And electricity and internet are always present!

Someone stopped on the gas this morning, my silver miner stocks took a little blue pill or something
Post removed:
by user
12:33p, 1/19/22
Pookers
2:49p, 1/19/22
Question for a noob. Is there any reason to purchase Silver eagles over the generic 1oz blank coins various mints make? From an investment perspective, is there any advantage to eagles over the generic coins?
Outdoorag011
3:09p, 1/19/22
In reply to Pookers
Eagles are no longer worth the premium. 3 years ago I was buying for 2-$2.50 over spot. Now the premiums are crazy. Go with the cheapest buy right now. Generic silver rounds tend to be much cheaper. I would go with them. Make sure you buy from a reputable dealer. One pro of ASE is they are of course produced by the US mint. So faking them to scam people is a federal offense because they are legal tender. Faking a generic round is not a federal offense. Fakes of ASEs do exist but are far less common that fake generic rounds. But if you buy from a good dealer, buying fake rounds is something you shouldn't have to worry about. I do test every peace of silver I buy and I have never gotten a fake from a reputable dealer. Generic silver rounds/bars are still the best play right now.
Pookers
3:14p, 1/19/22
In reply to Outdoorag011
Outdoorag011 said:

Eagles are no longer worth the premium. 3 years ago I was buying for 2-$2.50 over spot. Now the premiums are crazy. Go with the cheapest buy right now. Generic silver rounds tend to be much cheaper. I would go with them. Make sure you buy from a reputable dealer. One pro of ASE is they are of course produced by the US mint. So faking them to scam people is a federal offense because they are legal tender. Faking a generic round is not a federal offense. Fakes of ASEs do exist but are far less common that fake generic rounds. But if you buy from a good dealer, buying fake rounds is something you shouldn't have to worry about. I do test every peace of silver I buy and I have never gotten a fake from a reputable dealer. Generic silver rounds/bars are still the best play right now.
Excellent, thank you. I was looking at some of these from texasmetals. I assume this is a reputable dealer?
Aggiemike96
3:33p, 1/19/22
In reply to Pookers
Depends on what your goal is. Are you stacking silver to hedge inflation? Are you buying pieces (i.e., junk silver) in the chance the SHTF? Are you collecting here and there pieces you find interesting? Are you into numismatic collecting? I stack two types: (i) the lowest premium silver bullion bars I can find and (ii) Perth silver lunar coins.
Post removed:
by user
3:33p, 1/19/22
Pookers
3:43p, 1/19/22
In reply to Aggiemike96
Aggiemike96 said:

Depends on what your goal is. Are you stacking silver to hedge inflation? Are you buying pieces (i.e., junk silver) in the chance the SHTF? Are you collecting here and there pieces you find interesting? Are you into numismatic collecting? I stack two types: (i) the lowest premium silver bullion bars I can find and (ii) Perth silver lunar coins.
This would mostly be a long term investment and a fallback for fiat going tits up I suppose.
Post removed:
by user
3:48p, 1/19/22
Post removed:
by user
12:41a, 1/20/22
AgEng06
9:30a, 1/20/22
FAT SEXY said:

Wanted to give you(and anyone reading this) a list of other dealers that are reputable. Folks with more knowledge, feel free to add companies to this list in case I skipped over them.

I've had good luck with Provident Metals as well... https://www.providentmetals.com/
Post removed:
by user
11:10a, 1/20/22
Post removed:
by user
12:18a, 1/22/22
jagvocate
5:02a, 1/22/22
As stocks and BTC have recently sold off, I noticed that $GOLD increased and then held its ground
oklaunion
6:32a, 1/22/22
In reply to AgEng06
AgEng06 said:

FAT SEXY said:

Wanted to give you(and anyone reading this) a list of other dealers that are reputable. Folks with more knowledge, feel free to add companies to this list in case I skipped over them.

I've had good luck with Provident Metals as well... https://www.providentmetals.com/
Texas Precious Metals has been dependable. Aggie owned in Shiner. https://www.texmetals.com/about-texas-precious-metals
Post removed:
by user
2:02p, 1/24/22
Aggiemike96
10:23a, 1/27/22
FAT SEXY said:

Another bloody day in the markets and Gold is just chilling in the green.
Thanks for the jinx! Since Monday, gold is down about $41 (2.2%) and silver is down about $1.20 (5.1%). Buying opportunities ahead?!?
Post removed:
by user
11:34a, 1/27/22
Skillet Shot
6:08a, 1/28/22
It is strange that inflation, stock market & crypto losses haven't really affected gold/silver. Seems like it should be rebounding. I guess this is just a good buying opportunity? But something doesn't make sense.
Hungry Ojos
8:18a, 1/28/22
In reply to Skillet Shot
Skillet Shot said:

It is strange that inflation, stock market & crypto losses haven't really affected gold/silver. Seems like it should be rebounding. I guess this is just a good buying opportunity? But something doesn't make sense.

Anyone have any thoughts on why this is?

Is no one buying metals?
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 13 of 53
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off