Final Four

3,581 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by happy days
AggieSports
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

I'm so hyped about tonight's games. Would sure love to be there to watch in person. Who are y'all picking? I'm thinking SC and Iowa will win tonight. I'd love to see Iowa win the whole thing.
fitzwatema
AG
I am pulling for UConn in that match up. I think this is one of Geno's best coaching jobs con sidering the injuries he has had to deal with. As far a the second game, I would love to see NC State pull the shocker and beat South Carolina.
zooguy96
At least Skeletor ain't winning anything this year (Mulkey).
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
AggieSports
AG
Very even first half with SC up 32-31. Will be interesting to see how Cardoso plays in the 2nd half after leaving the floor with an injury near the end of the first half.
wangus12
AG
Annnnnd it's gone.
AggieSports
AG
Yep. SC imposing their will 65-42
AggieSports
AG
SC 78-59 final. On to semifinal #2
AggieSports
AG
UConn up 19-14 after 1. UConn doing a good job defending Clark, only 2 pts for her in the quarter.
AggieSports
AG
UConn up 32-26 at the half. I like Iowa's chances in the 2nd half down only 6 with CC doing basically nothing in the 1st half
AggieSports
AG
51 all heading to the 4th. Great game!!
PhatMack19
AG
Refs
Gap
AG
Ridiculous game deciding call by the refs in favor of Iowa.

Did ESPN put a word in someone's ear before the game. Seems impossible, but wow that was bad with the game on the line.
AtticusMatlock
I've only watched a few women's final four games over the last several years, but it seems like the officiating has just been bad overall. Last year's national title game was terribly called.

I think you can make a case the screener got her elbow out too high but not a call you make in the last few seconds.
flashplayer
AG
It was a foul if you go by the book but like I told my kids, I wouldn't have the stomach to whistle that with the game on the line unless it created more of an advantage than the play in question did.
Hand Of God
AG
That was one of the worst calls in one of the biggest moments of one of the highest stakes games I have ever witnessed.
Goose83
AG
No fan of UConn, but they got jobbed.

Then again, no way was the NCAA gonna let their golden girl miss the final, as they've been covering for her the whole tournament, allowing her to bulldoze her way to the finals.

Hand Of God
AG
Please know that you are entirely alone on this one.
flashplayer
AG
Hand Of God said:

She got her elbow out and high. It was a foul by the book, but just like the poster above me (I'm not alone) stated and both the ESPN commentators, I never would've called it at that moment in any game, much less a final 4.

Try reading before you roast someone. I've literally spent the last few minutes telling the watch party we had how much I hated that call and it did ruin a great game.
aggiedrjdub
AG
It was a foul.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
aggiedrjdub
AG
flashplayer said:

Hand Of God said:

She got her elbow out and high. It was a foul by the book, but just like the poster above me (I'm not alone) stated and both the ESPN commentators, I never would've called it at that moment in any game, much less a final 4.

Try reading before you roast someone. I've literally spent the last few minutes telling the watch party we had how much I hated that call and it did ruin a great game.

Why wouldn't you call it? The rules don't fly out the window bc there are 4 seconds left in the game.
flashplayer
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

flashplayer said:

Hand Of God said:

Why wouldn't you call it? The rules don't fly out the window bc there are 4 seconds left in the game.

It didn't create an advantage. Thats why. Let players decide the outcome of a play when contact doesn't cause an advantage. Thats my officiating philosophy.
Hand Of God
AG
So if you never would have called it, then you agree it wasn't a foul.
aggiedrjdub
AG
The player did decide the outcome when she fouled.
aggiedrjdub
AG
flashplayer
AG
Hand Of God said:

So if you never would have called it, then you agree it wasn't a foul.

No. I agree it shouldn't have been whistled. I know how we all love to play everything is black or white though. We don't agree but a lot pf people see it the same way I do including the entire ESPN panel that has been on since the game ended.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Then why not have the refs just leave the floor with 5 seconds left in the game?
aggiedrjdub
AG

Hand Of God
AG
Honestly, Marshall just sold it by flailing. The ref took the bait. Unfortunate ending to a fantastic game. Would have loved to see Paige at least get an attempt to win the game. Looks like most players on Twitter agree.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Hand Of God
AG
Yeah, Dave Portnoy the basketball expert. Here's a few players who know ball disagreeing.

flashplayer
AG
Hand Of God said:

Honestly, Marshall just sold it by flailing. The ref took the bait. Unfortunate ending to a fantastic game. Would have loved to see Paige at least get an attempt to win the game. Looks like most players on Twitter agree.

This is the part where we are in complete agreement. UConns big setting the pick was about to be wide open on the roll too.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Great game though. Wish we were playing in the FF. I don't have a dog in the fight bc I have no preference for who wins and who loses. I'll be pulling for SC in the final bc SEC SEC. But I certainly don't feel bad for Geno who has about 7000 wins and 400 nattys to his name. Guarantee he would be taking that call to bank if it were the other way around.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Of course players disagree; but many coaches agree. I mean it is what it is. It can be debated until the cows come home. Changes nothing. Iowa advances.
Hand Of God
AG
I enjoyed seeing Geno and UConn in a spoilers roll for once. They weren't supposed to be here and I would have loved to see them take down the media darling with just seven players (tonight six) seeing minutes.
flashplayer
AG
I'm also following just for fun and was hoping Iowa would win just because my daughters like watching them play. The ending sucked for how much of a cliffhanger it had been to that point. Clark passing it off the back of the Husky on that inbound was a great move though, and yet very risky.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.