Where to settle???
2,025 Views | 11 Replies
Whoop2007
5:52p, 3/31/24
We are buying some acreage for our forever home (message me if you have any not in the market because we are still looking). I haven't lived in the area for 20 years so we are wondering what's the better area for family and raising livestock. Iola or Bryan (Tabor) areas? We want safe and not trashy of that makes sense. Thanks!
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
8:12p, 3/31/24
In reply to Whoop2007
Whoop2007 said:

We are buying some acreage for our forever home (message me if you have any not in the market because we are still looking). I haven't lived in the area for 20 years so we are wondering what's the better area for family and raising livestock. Iola or Bryan (Tabor) areas? We want safe and not trashy of that makes sense. Thanks!

What about Franklin?

Happy to set you up on an auto search with your criteria and can look through any that pop up. We've got a few clients looking out there or around the Somerville area
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Whoop2007
8:34p, 3/31/24
In reply to Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Thank you. Franklin is a beautiful area and the properties there are amazing and more within our price range. Unfortunately they are too far from the kids school in Bryan.
aggiec05
10:32p, 3/31/24
My parents are likely looking to sell their acreage off Tabor this summer. Let me know if you want more details.
Whoop2007
11:02p, 3/31/24
In reply to aggiec05
Yes please! We are very interested!
thegoodag
9:39a, 4/1/24
Have some 11 acre lots coming to market off leonard road, west of 47 in Bryan
aggiec05
11:16a, 4/1/24
In reply to Whoop2007
send me an email:
kyle.southerland@gmail.com
Whoop2007
2:42p, 4/1/24
In reply to aggiec05
Thank you! Email sent
Corps_Ag12
12:19p, 4/2/24
In reply to thegoodag
thegoodag said:

Have some 11 acre lots coming to market off leonard road, west of 47 in Bryan

Used to rent a house off of Leonard! It was east of 2818 though. It was a dump
ag009
2:51p, 4/2/24
In reply to aggiec05
Sorry, wrong reply.
ag009
2:52p, 4/2/24
In reply to thegoodag
Would be curious to hear more about these. Thanks!
thegoodag
2:29p, 4/3/24

Here is our current thoughts on subdividing this land on Leonard Rd. 2-3, 11 acre lots. Working through process at this time.

County road frontage
3 phase power - Bryan Utilities is bringing to property
in flood plane so will need to dig a pond and build a house pad
7-10 minutes to Kyle Field
water by well - neighbors recently had successful drill. existing capped well on lot but would have to be checked as there is no information on it
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings