A&M to Big Ten ?

1,372 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Chips2003
OMeara
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lots of media buzz but nothing on A&M sites. Of course you guys aren't exactly cutting edge as to info on who is switching conferences:

Texas A&M to Big Ten imminent as CFB insider shares conference realignment update ahead of 2024 season: Report (sportskeeda.com)

https://www.si.com/college/arkansas/hog ... ec-big-ten

https://www.si.com/college/tamu/footbal ... ports-espn

https://www.sportskeeda.com/college-foo ... ealignment

Pesronally I think you should stop all the drama and petition The Lone Star Conference for admittance. I think you be competitive there.
Big 12-0
Makes sense for the Aggies before the Horns and Sooners arrive to push them down the ladder.
SchizoAg
AG
I would be in favor it, but something tells me most people wouldn't.

By the way, all but the first link is broken.
Muy
AG
We're not? Pretty sure we knew we'd go to the SEC when all the clowns in the BDF said it would never happen.
Texas velvet maestro
Amusing. I really want to beat you Aggies again this year, and keep beating you until you run to another conference.
Jim Hogg is angry
AG
A guy posts 4 links, 3 of which were broken, and wants to talk about who's not cutting edge.
BaileyAg
AG
Jim Hogg is angry said:

A guy posts 4 links, 3 of which were broken, and wants to talk about who's not cutting edge.
Big 12-0
Jim Hogg is angry said:

My bet is that the links were purposefully snapped by the powers that be that didn't want that info out in the world.
OMeara
Here are the three broken links:

Big Ten to target 2 teams amid rumors of Texas A&M leaving SEC, per insider (sportskeeda.com)

REPORT: SEC, Big Ten, Could Dump Football Programs that Don't Contribute to TV Revenue - Sports Illustrated Texas A&M Aggies News, Analysis and More

Hogs, Aggies soon done at AT&T Stadium, but what about forever? - Sports Illustrated All Hogs News, Analysis and More

Texas velvet maestro
OMeara said:

Here are the three broken links:

Hogs, Aggies soon done at AT&T Stadium, but what about forever? - Sports Illustrated All Hogs News, Analysis and More

lol. they asked for it
Decay
AG
We can't go to the Big10 because then tu and OU would suddenly have always wanted to go
BohunkAg
AG
If any of you idiots ever post anything by Greg fooking Swaim as legitimate on here ever again, you deserve to be banished to the midget fetish board.

Of course, I'm sure whoever's sock that was that was the OP knows that.
Dark_Knight
AG
Nah we'll win a few nattys and donghorns will be begging to join big 10.
Aggie Class of 2026
I said in 2012 that tu would end up in the SEC. NO ONE believed me or agreed. I heard all the tired explanations to why they never would.

I said it late last year that A&M would leave the SEC one day and I can't wait to be correct once more
Texas velvet maestro
Aggie Class of 2026 said:

I said in 2012 that tu would end up in the SEC. NO ONE believed me or agreed. I heard all the tired explanations to why they never would.

link?
Chips2003
AG

I said it late last year that A&M would leave the SEC one day and I can't wait to be correct once more

You called tu to SEC when you were 8?

Based off your screen name, that's about how old you were in 2012.
AgDotCom
I'm amazed at how many haven't learned their lesson after what's happened over the last 15 years. Here/s what will happen over the next 15:

1. The SEC will wring its hands over every substantive rumor that the B1G is setting up shop in Texas. The SEC does not want this. At all. Note I said substantive rumor, not one from a mid 30s poon sporting an incessant 3 day stubble beard with a gallon of pomade slathered in his hair.

2. If the SEC ensures a level playing field for all its members, it has nothing to worry about. If either A&M or Texas becomes a little or a lot peeved after getting shafted over something in Birmingham or Bristol, one or both of them will feign interest in the B1G, or flop this ace on the table accompanied by a suitable appendage. If you don't believe this, you should have your head examined.

It's reasonable to assume #1 above is why Texas and OU were invited in the first place. It's also reasonable to speculate ESPN is driving this train and has the most to lose, not Birmingham.
Aggie Class of 2026
Chips2003 said:

You ate chips in 2003?
Chips2003
AG

Chips2003 said:

You ate chips in 2003?

Yes
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.