Houston Country Clubs
212,495 Views | 345 Replies
Chef Demas 2020
9:38a, 11/7/19
As soon as I posted, golf was sent to the back burner with the new job and I wasn't able to do the research I wanted.

With that being said, just off proximity of the home and new office I think Pine Forest, Royal Oaks, or club Corp hearthstone or club at falcon point.

Anyone have any pricing info for young executives and general reviews of the courses and membership?

For some reason I have it in my head that Traditions allows club Corp members to play for a cart fee but never heard back from them to confirm. Has anyone else heard this?
Alta
5:58p, 11/9/19
$17.5k for youn lg executive at Royal Oaks
07fta07
9:18p, 11/9/19
In reply to Chef Demas 2020
Confirmed on cart fee only for traditions.
Chef Demas 2020
10:26p, 11/9/19
In reply to 07fta07
If that's true with club Corp and tradition, it's a no brainer for me. Thank you for yalls input!
07fta07
2:07a, 11/10/19
2 rounds per month
hehateme2285
7:58p, 11/17/19
Quote:

If that's true with club Corp and tradition, it's a no brainer for me. Thank you for yalls input!
Let me know if you end up wanting to join Falcon Point. I can get you hooked up with the membership director and the weekend games. hehateme2285@gmail.com
hehateme2285
10:01p, 11/17/19
In reply to hehateme2285
hehateme2285 said:

Quote:

Let me know if you end up wanting to join Falcon Point. I can get you hooked up with the membership director and the weekend games. Hehateme2285@gmail.com
ChemAg15
6:29p, 11/21/19
Any idea what the cost is for the young executive membership at Pine Forest?
golfermaharg
10:36p, 11/21/19
In reply to ChemAg15
ChemAg15 said:

Any idea what the cost is for the young executive membership at Pine Forest?
Latest from them is $3k initiation (reduced to $2k sometimes)

Dues
$435 (39-42)
$385 (36-38)
$340 (33-35)
$295 (21-32)

$75 F&B, $45 capital dues
RooAg
9:57a, 11/22/19
In reply to hehateme2285
I'm most likely joining Falcon Point early spring. What's up with the weekend games? Are you free to just play, or do they block off the morning with a shotgun start like some courses?
Chef Demas 2020
6:04p, 11/22/19
I'm leaning hearthstone just due to location for me. I live in the heights and work in city centre.
07fta07
7:11p, 11/22/19
Let me know if you want to play a round to check it out and/or if you need a referral. We've got some good deals going on now and it'll save me some money too. I play with a big group of Aggies out there.
HouAggie2007
5:00a, 11/23/19
Drive from CC to hearthstone a few times before you make that choice. It's a lot further than it seems.
Chef Demas 2020
11:38a, 11/25/19
In reply to 07fta07
Just shot you a PM.
hehateme2285
9:29a, 12/5/19
In reply to RooAg
Quote:

I'm most likely joining Falcon Point early spring. What's up with the weekend games? Are you free to just play, or do they block off the morning with a shotgun start like some courses?
On the weekend, there is a scratch group, they have a team net game, and then open tee times running from ~7-9. They're all run through email, website, or you can call the shop. Pretty easy process, with a lot of good guys ranging a wide range of caps. We also have a great Friday afternoon dogfight that runs from 11:45-12:45.

Shoot me an email, hehateme2285@gmail.com. I can answer any questions you have, and can connect you to our membership director if I can't answer any of your questions.
jonj101
7:03p, 2/13/20
In reply to Karl Hungus
Karl Hungus said:

I just rejoined Riverbend after a 2.5 year stretch at Sweetwater (joined RB originally back in 09).
Very impressed w the bunker changes and covered driving range / practice area (similar to Braeburn).

Give us a look. I'm a complete golf snob...meaning I'm very picky about my golf courses. If we are talking golf course only...i prefer it over every course mentioned above (including Lakeside). Of course the locker room is on point too.
There has been almost 0 turnover with staff also which I think is a good indication of a vibrant club. Most of these people still remember my name.

I had a buddy take a tour of Sweetwater today, and they're throwing some decent numbers at him to get him on. Is there a reason aside from the course that you decided to leave SW for RB?

I've only played one of SW courses and I didn't think much of it.
Ezra Brooks
7:45a, 2/14/20
I had a buddy leave Sweetwater a couple of years ago - he's still complaining about how bad they had gotten in both course and clubhouse maintenance.

He went to Sugar Creek and always tells me how many folks are leaving Sweetwater.
K Bo
8:47a, 2/14/20
In reply to Ezra Brooks
I have a buddy that's a member at Sugar Creek. The greens are always fantastic when I play. If I were joining a club, it'd be SC.
Karl Hungus
6:58p, 2/23/20
Jonj

Sweetwater is a fading club IMO. Corporately owned tons of turnover and not enough money to spread around.

Tell your buddy to check out Riverbend. It's very golf focused

Sugar creek is doing a good job too
sarmis2
9:18a, 5/14/20
Does anyone know any info for initiation fee & monthly dues for the courses below? I am 26 looking to join a club in Houston.

Northgate
Riverbend
Golfcrest
Aggie1391
9:29a, 5/14/20
In reply to sarmis2
sarmis2 said:

Does anyone know any info for initiation fee & monthly dues for the courses below? I am 26 looking to join a club in Houston.

Northgate
Riverbend
Golfcrest
About 6 years ago, Riverbend was no initiation and $200 a month til you're 27. Then it goes up to $250 from age 27 to 33.
jf8
11:13a, 5/14/20
Member at Riverbend............at 26 Initiation probably under $500 with montly being <less than $300++

Northgate initiation around $300 and monthly being $250, unless you live up in that area not sure the commute is worth it.

Golfrest about the same as riverbend.
rosco511
11:22a, 5/14/20
That is an interesting list since the clubs are all in completely different locations around the Houston area.
sarmis2
11:38a, 5/14/20
In reply to rosco511
I am in the Heights, so the commute to each of those courses is pretty similar for me.
sarmis2
11:43a, 5/14/20
In reply to jf8
Appreciate the info! I don't know anything about Northgate and was just curious what people thought about it.

I have played Golfcrest a handful of times and love the course. Seems people are pretty high on Riverbend though, and if those are the dues, very reasonably priced.
rosco511
12:21p, 5/14/20
I would caution against Golfcrest then. In no traffic, not a bad drive, but add any kind of traffic and drive becomes a little too long. Since you are Heights, I would also recommend looking at Pine Forest. I live in Heights and am a member at Pine Forest and generally about 20-25 minute drive on weekends.
sarmis2
12:37p, 5/14/20
In reply to rosco511
I'll reach out to Pine Forest as well for some info. Appreciate the recommendation.

I think what I desire most is a laid back club atmosphere with a solid Junior membership that likes to play regularly, and good practice facilities. Especially a decent short game practice area.
terradactylexpress
12:42p, 5/14/20
Pine forest hits most of those, but it's on the higher end of 35 minutes from the heights. Almost every cc is though
RustyBV
12:04p, 5/15/20
I'd look at Champions as well if you're in the Heights, their young exec is a great value.
sarmis2
1:12p, 5/15/20
Does anyone have any comments on Northgate CC's courses and practice facilities?

I just got their membership rates, and they are LOW. Wondering if there is a reason for that......
rosco511
1:35p, 5/15/20
They had lots of issues from Harvey and other recent floods so have struggled but not sure about recent conditions.
panag
10:54p, 5/15/20
In reply to RustyBV
RustyBV said:

I'd look at Champions as well if you're in the Heights, their young exec is a great value.

Second this. Best value in town, but I'm biased.
Larry S Ross
8:17a, 5/16/20
In reply to sarmis2
sarmis2 said:

Does anyone have any comments on Northgate CC's courses and practice facilities?

I just got their membership rates, and they are LOW. Wondering if there is a reason for that......

What were the rates for typical full membership?
Good Day.
Poot
10:29a, 5/16/20
Admittedly, I haven't been to Northgate in years (a decade maybe?), but I'm not a fan of the place. 20+ years ago it was a nice conditioned course, with a tricked out lay-out. (House-lined claustrophobic feel) Last I had heard, it's a tricked out lay-out that's not in very good condition. For me, that's a hard pass.

But, don't take my word for it as it's been a long time since I've been out there. There was a time it was kept in mint condition, but I think those days are long gone.
Dr.Pepper7
6:51p, 5/17/20
Was a member at Northgate a couple years ago. Has been on a downward trend for about a decade. The practice facility is nice, but kind of small. Remember towards the end of my stint there the range being completely full. Was previously 27 holes but they turned Bunkers course into a "fast five" practice holes.

Could be a really nice setup if owners cared for it like Walden.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 4 of 10
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings