Aggie Golf Association

4,000 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by Doc4rock
BigLeftMiss08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone given/donated to the Aggie Golf Association?

I have a few questions if anyone has time to chat a bit.

Thanks!
Roger Goodell
Didn't even know that was a thing.
BigLeftMiss08
AG
Yea it is an option but man it sure seems like they don't even know what it is. It has been a difficult process to say the least of just getting a hold of someone over there.

They gladly cashed my check and took my money!
Hanrahan
AG
yes, just received the annual donation request/brochure from them yesterday in fact. what do you want to know about it. I'll see if I can dig it up take a pic and post it.
RLee
AG
The AGA is a good program where the funds go directly to golf team. There are tangible benefits throughout TAMU's facilities and program as a direct result of these donations. Their facilities are some of the best in the country and it speaks volume on the recruiting trail...
If you donate to the AGA, you get to play in a tournament at Traditions with the players and they give you some sweet Aggie golf team gear. After the tournament there is a dinner where you really get to see the personality of the players. Each player introduces and roasts another teammate. They come up with some pretty funny stories...
RLee
jonj101
Anyone have a link to provide more info?
PA24
AG
RLee said:

The AGA is a good program where the funds go directly to golf team. There are tangible benefits throughout TAMU's facilities and program as a direct result of these donations. Their facilities are some of the best in the country and it speaks volume on the recruiting trail...
If you donate to the AGA, you get to play in a tournament at Traditions with the players and they give you some sweet Aggie golf team gear. After the tournament there is a dinner where you really get to see the personality of the players. Each player introduces and roasts another teammate. They come up with some pretty funny stories...
Seriously

I could come up with a little cash to help the team out as well as some good tips
I am in!
jja79
AG
https://12thman.com/documents/2015/6/14/AGA2015Brochure.pdf
I Am A Critic
Could some of the money they raise be used to pay someone to update the .pdf on the 12th Man website?
BigLeftMiss08
AG
Thanks RLee

I have done all said things and received no correspondence from them at all(outside the 12th Man invoice) in regards to upcoming events. Do you know who to contact over there? I have been referred to a lady named Olga but I constantly get her voicemail.

I will continue to donate to the AGA, but to promise things and not deliver is a bit disheartening.
RLee
AG
I am not sure how involved the 12th Man is on the actual details of the AGA but Mary Michael Maggio (AKA Trip) is the Director of Operations for Aggie Golf and I can assure you that she will get you any info needed...
mmaggio@athletics.tamu.edu

If not, Brian Kortan (Men's Assistant Coach) bkortan@athletics.tamu.edu 979-458-3882 will surely help you out.
RLee
Roger Goodell
Y'all make me not want to donate.....Cam Champ listed on the brochure as a junior...

Guess they are not hurting for donations?..
hot dog
AG
Don't think Olga works for TAMU golf anymore.
Hanrahan
AG
thats not the current brochure in that link obviously, but I can confirm the donation levels and "perks" remain the same this year.
jja79
AG
I took the brochure directly from the AD website, golf page. Website maintenance isn't a big thing around here apparently.
BigLeftMiss08
AG
RLee saved the day!

I got a hold of Mary and everything is straightened out.

Thanks again!
Mr.Bond
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BtUHkixBAJk
Kooch is Savage
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

garysum
AG
So the website is still the 2015 brochure. Can someone advise on the secret to consider supporting the AGA?
I Am A Critic
I can understand how reading the entire thread would be too difficult. This info has already been posted previously.

bkortan@athletics.tamu.edu 979-458-3882
Username checks out.
Leander - Ag
AG
They make it difficult for people trying to donate. I send them emails and they never follow up
inozips
AG
Higgins got it started 15+ years ago, dunno? Anyone have insight on the new golf Coach?
NColoradoAG
Anyone playing in the event on Friday? I missed last year but I'm flying down tomorrow for this and the spring game. Spring game sure looks dicey with the weather but forecast cleared up pretty well for Friday.

My golf game is not in a great place right now. Traditions may eat me alive the way I'm playing from the tee.
Doc4rock
AG
I'm playing Friday, terrible golfer but going to have a good time.
mosesrab90
AG
Friday is a scramble - drink up !
Doc4rock
AG
Awesome
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.