*** AGGIES on Tour 2024 ***
20,219 Views | 174 Replies
Shelton98
4:36p, 3/23/24
In reply to Ag83
Ag83 said:

How do you listen to that live on course interview with Cink and not pull for the guy?

Because he kept a 59 year-old Tom Watson from winning the Open Championship.

jk, Cink's a good dude.
CyclingAg82
5:22p, 3/23/24
In reply to khaos288
khaos288 said:

I'm happy to root for an Aggie, but didn't he do an interview where he basically just came to A&M for the golf program and wasn't a fan?
He was on Golf Subpar podcast with Colt Knost & Drew Stoltz last fall I believe . And basically said what you just mentioned.

Something like "the most un-Aggie Aggie", not a fan.
Kansas Kid
5:34p, 3/23/24
In reply to CyclingAg82
CyclingAg82 said:

khaos288 said:

I'm happy to root for an Aggie, but didn't he do an interview where he basically just came to A&M for the golf program and wasn't a fan?
He was on Golf Subpar podcast with Colt Knost & Drew Stoltz last fall I believe . And basically said what you just mentioned.

Going forward, even more student athletes will have the same attitude given NIL and the transfer portal.
_lefraud_
6:47p, 3/23/24
Champ and Phillips playing together tomorrow, just a few strokes off the leader. A top10 would go along for both of them.
AgLA06
6:54p, 3/23/24
In reply to Kansas Kid
It's a choice in attitude no different than before.

It has more to do with being known as a good program than anything.
SouthAustinAgSwag
9:22p, 3/23/24
In reply to Shelton98
Shelton98 said:

Ag83 said:

How do you listen to that live on course interview with Cink and not pull for the guy?

jk, Cink's a good dude.

I didn't realize how big of a dude Cink was until I saw him in person today standing next to Chandler.
SouthAustinAgSwag
9:28p, 3/23/24
I'll add that Cam had an incredible close to his round today. I walked the final four holes with his group.

On 15, he puts his tee shot within a few feet and get an easy birdie. Then on 16 he had a great up and down and saved par from 7 feet. Yeah no big deal but Cam has struggled mightily from that distance. His par save on 17 was a downhill put with a ton of break and he nailed it from around 10 feet. Then he saved par on 18 from 11 feet. Hitting those kinds of putts are huge for getting Cam back on track.
mavsfan4ever
10:10p, 3/23/24
In reply to CyclingAg82
CyclingAg82 said:

khaos288 said:

Yea I loved him in that interview. So I'll cheer for him just bc he seems like a fun/cool guy. But he had nothing good to say about A&M and kinda went out of his way to make it known he didn't care for A&M.

Weird decision on his part imo. I'll still cheer for him bc I like that he's a country guy who likes to hunt/fish more than play golf and has a good personality. But he doesn't deserve any fans bc he went to A&M.
SouthAustinAgSwag
7:50a, 3/24/24
In reply to mavsfan4ever
I walked away from that interview with a slightly different take. Yes, I didn't like the words he chose to say either, but he sounded like an exasperated Aggie fan to me. Sick of the talk and the hype with no action behind it.

I sympathize with that take because I have to stay away from all Aggie football content at times because I just get so pissed when we don't back up our talent with wins. My perception of Chandler after that interview is he's sick of being a fan of a weak and soft team that can't back up their talk. Perhaps I'm wrong.
SouthAustinAgSwag
12:39p, 3/24/24
Chandler just eagled 1. 1 off the lead. Great putt.
SouthAustinAgSwag
12:57p, 3/24/24
Keith Mitchell just drove his first tee shot between an Audi and BMW.
LCE
1:35p, 3/24/24
In reply to SouthAustinAgSwag
SouthAustinAgSwag said:

Shelton98 said:

Ag83 said:

jk, Cink's a good dude.

I didn't realize how big of a dude Cink was until I saw him in person today standing next to Chandler.

Yea. He walked past me at the Texas Open and he's a big dude.
PJYoung
1:47p, 3/24/24
I was immediately a fan because I found it incredible that he can put his clubs away for weeks after the season and still be great.
MAROON
4:27p, 3/24/24
Phillips finishes in 3rd. Palmer tied for 4th. Champ in 26th

And Manalto's relief on the 16th was ridiculous.
Seven Costanza
4:31p, 3/24/24
In reply to MAROON
MAROON said:

Palmer is 54th.
DGrimesAg92
4:31p, 3/24/24
In reply to MAROON
MAROON said:

Why?
Seven Costanza
4:38p, 3/24/24
He hit his approach shot into deep rough just off the green and had a terrible lie, but he was next to a sprinkler head, so he was able to take a drop onto the fringe.
MAROON
4:39p, 3/24/24
In reply to DGrimesAg92
I should say ridiculous luck. Yea it's the rule but no way in the world him having a foot on the sprinkler impacted his shot
Kansas Kid
4:39p, 3/24/24
In reply to MAROON
MAROON said:

Sometimes the rules work against you and sometimes they work for you. They worked in his favor this time.
Kansas Kid
4:40p, 3/24/24
In reply to MAROON
MAROON said:

I should say ridiculous luck. Yea it's the rule but no way in the world him having a foot on the sprinkler impacted his shot

I would like to see that rule changed when you are around the green and the only obstruction is your feet.
MAROON
4:40p, 3/24/24
In reply to Seven Costanza
Oops - wrong Ryan
CyclingAg82
4:41p, 3/24/24
In reply to Kansas Kid
Kansas Kid said:

CyclingAg82 said:

khaos288 said:

Going forward, even more student athletes will have the same attitude given NIL and the transfer portal.
Sadly this is the truth.
CyclingAg82
4:42p, 3/24/24
In reply to mavsfan4ever
mavsfan4ever said:

CyclingAg82 said:

khaos288 said:

Yea I loved him in that interview. So I'll cheer for him just bc he seems like a fun/cool guy. But he had nothing good to say about A&M and kinda went out of his way to make it known he didn't care for A&M.

Weird decision on his part imo. I'll still cheer for him bc I like that he's a country guy who likes to hunt/fish more than play golf and has a good personality. But he doesn't deserve any fans bc he went to A&M.
I was enjoying the interview as well. Until he mentioned A&M.
_lefraud_
5:20p, 3/24/24
Awesome seeing the A&M scorebook in the back pocket of every single shot of Phillips.
mavsfan4ever
6:36p, 3/24/24
SouthAustinAgSwag said:

I walked away from that interview with a slightly different take. Yes, I didn't like the words he chose to say either, but he sounded like an exasperated Aggie fan to me. Sick of the talk and the hype with no action behind it.

I sympathize with that take because I have to stay away from all Aggie football content at times because I just get so pissed when we don't back up our talent with wins. My perception of Chandler after that interview is he's sick of being a fan of a weak and soft team that can't back up their talk. Perhaps I'm wrong.

It's been a while since I listened to it but I'm pretty sure he said that he didn't go to a single football game his entire time at school and was not a fan. So I don't think he is an exasperated fan. He's not a fan at all and had some somewhat negative things to say. Again, nothing awful, and I'll still cheer for him bc he seems like a cool/good guy. But it's reaching to say he's an exasperated fan.

From what I remember, he did say he didn't care for the yell leaders. Have to agree with him there lol.

Solid round for him today. Got a little unlucky on 16. I had him at 300/1 for the tourney so was hoping for a miracle finish.
_lefraud_
8:11a, 3/25/24
Walker Lee playing in the Monday Qualifier today

https://stpga.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/stpga24/event/stpga2424/contest/1/leaderboard.htm
B$Weigem
3:31p, 3/25/24
In reply to _lefraud_
Walker WD. Strange.
MAROON
4:07p, 3/25/24
In reply to B$Weigem
B$Weigem said:

Walker WD. Strange
It says he's +1 after 7 holes. Mighty have been impacted by the weather.
clobby
4:24p, 3/26/24
https://www.pgatour.com/article/news/tour-insider/2024/03/26/chander-phillips-futurecaster-texas-children-houston-open-memorial-park-brother-dawson-texas-am
SW AG80
4:30p, 3/26/24
Thanks for posting that interview. I know the people in Huntsville think the world of Chandler.
Garhett_W
5:01p, 3/26/24
In reply to SW AG80
Seems like a great guy. Doesn't matter to me if he bleeds maroon on Saturdays in the fall or not.
RhodyAg2
11:43a, 3/28/24

RhodyAg2
11:52a, 3/28/24

AgOutsideAustin
11:52a, 3/28/24
Sam could use a little more bend…..
- J. Niemann
RhodyAg2
11:55a, 3/28/24

CLOSE
Cancel