Traditions/ Miramont non resident
3,313 Views | 23 Replies
FalconPointAG
5:26p, 3/18/24
Anyone have any updated costs to join either as a non resident?

KC_Ag14
11:33a, 3/19/24
Last I saw was Miramont's non-resident is a $30K initiation and $550/month in dues. 60 mile radius. Not sure on Traditions now.
FalconPointAG
12:19p, 3/19/24
Thanks
BigDawg87
5:54p, 3/25/24
Its been a few years since I looked at Traditions, non-resident, but at the time it was:
- Monthly Dues: $250
- Initiation Fee - $4,000

Full membership was:
- Monthly Dues: $490
- Initiation Fee - $12,750
Leander - Ag
8:44p, 3/25/24
Traditions non res dues are $350
FalconPointAG
7:05a, 3/26/24
I reached out to them. $12,500 initiation and $405/month non resident
BigDawg87
3:21p, 3/26/24
In reply to FalconPointAG
Wow!
powerbelly
3:24p, 3/26/24
In reply to FalconPointAG
FalconPointAG said:

I reached out to them. $12,500 initiation and $405/month non resident
Guess it was getting a little too crowded on game weekends.
KaneIsAble
8:02p, 3/26/24
Initiation and dues both recently went up and increased membership was referenced.
SkyMoose
12:46p, 4/4/24
I'm starting to seriously think about retirement back in aggieland. I want to live in a golf community to quickly build new friendships and bond with a group. I've only played Traditions, but I guess the other options would be Miramont or Pebble Creek?

Can anyone compare/contrast the courses and the communities in terms of cost and activity? My impressions are:

1. Miramont - best conditions but a bit pricey
2. Traditions - good track but always seems pretty deserted when I'm there. Which is great for golfing, but wondering if anyone lives there permanently or if it's all out of towners?
3. Pebble - more established/crowded club with families - but I really don't know much about the course or community there.

Thoughts
dcrewint
1:06p, 4/4/24
Pebble is reconstructing their greens, so that's gonna be nice. Supposed to be ready by June 1st.

I think Traditions is shutting down for summer to attend to their fairways?

Miramont is pretty. No crowds when I've been out there. In fact in the last year I have been 4 times and maybe saw 1 or 2 other groups per round and that's max.
KaneIsAble
4:14p, 4/4/24
Traditions is replacing all the fairways this summer with paspalum. Closing in June but they are building new tee boxes to make a par 3 course while the fairways are being sprigged.
SkyMoose
7:24p, 4/4/24
Thanks for the info on the courses. Does anyone actually live out at traditions?
KaneIsAble
7:40p, 4/4/24
Tons of people do. About a year ago they had 1000 members but only 200 had full golf privileges but I'm assuming that's gone up. The neighborhood is really really nice.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
8:38p, 4/4/24
I live on 15 at Traditions. The majority of the playets on the first 6-8 tee times daily are course-side residents

Easy to join whatever group you match up with. It's a challenging layout. Bring a few extra golf balls with you

As mentioned, ownership is investing a SIGNIFICANT amount of $$ to re-sod all the fairways with this new salt resistant variety. June will be closed 100%
9:20p, 4/4/24
If money was no problem I would join Miramont.
Have played it a few times and each time it has been pristine. Even during the drought in 2011 or so.

I really like the layout.

The membership at Traditions is probably more laid back. Activities on game days with blue jeans as the prevailing attire. Miramont is probably not that casual.
texpert68
8:26a, 4/5/24
In reply to SkyMoose
They all 3 offer very different products. Based on the community prioritization you reference I might number them:
1. Pebble
2. Traditions
3. Miramont

Although you could probably swap 1/2 almost interchangeably. And I'm younger with small kids, so personally have a bias towards more family atmospheres.
KaneIsAble
10:04a, 4/5/24
In reply to texpert68
For what it's worth I've been a member at 1 & 2. Tee times at Pebble were/are an issue as their golf memberships are something close to triple that of Traditions.
SkyMoose
10:48a, 4/5/24
Thanks for the feedback. After having downsized in the empty nest (in 2020 during a global pandemic), I'm pretty focused on community. With no kids and everyone wearing masks, building new friendships in the neighborhood has been a challenge. Golf is the answer the next time around.
98Ag99Grad
11:11a, 4/5/24
How do you get to be a member at Miramont if you don't know anyone who can sponsor you? will they set you up with someone who meets with you to make sure you're not a weirdo?
texpert68
11:20a, 4/5/24
In reply to KaneIsAble
KaneIsAble said:

For what it's worth I've been a member at 1 & 2. Tee times at Pebble were/are an issue as their golf memberships are something close to triple that of Traditions.

Also very good feedback!
MAROON
11:34a, 4/5/24
In reply to 98Ag99Grad
98Ag99Grad said:

How do you get to be a member at Miramont if you don't know anyone who can sponsor you? will they set you up with someone who meets with you to make sure you're not a weirdo?
yes. That's the protocol at almost every private club.

So, don't revert to your inner Happy Gilmore until they cash your membership check
98Ag99Grad
11:49a, 4/5/24
In reply to MAROON
Figured that was the case but every club I've been a member at we just paid and started our membership. Never belonged anywhere fancy enough to require a sponsor
Trinity Ag
9:10p, 4/11/24
In reply to SkyMoose
SkyMoose said:

Thanks for the feedback. After having downsized in the empty nest (in 2020 during a global pandemic), I'm pretty focused on community. With no kids and everyone wearing masks, building new friendships in the neighborhood has been a challenge. Golf is the answer the next time around.
Traditions is pretty much a retirement community -- we are mid-50s and among the youngest residents.

There are no kids, other than grand kids.

There are a lot fewer "gameday" houses than there used to be -- fully time residents are increasing, and there is still a lot of building going on.

Tee times are not difficult, and you can walk on most afternoons. Join the MGA, and you get first tee times daily.

It is an unforgiving track -- and has declined in condition -- but the new greenskeeper is a pro, and things are trending up.

Pebble is a rougher course, and much more crowded. The neighborhood trends younger and more family oriented.

CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings