Wilderness Lake Jackson

1,662 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Drparker
AggieAGR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trying plan one last golf outing for a buddy expecting his first kid. We both live in Houston and are both probably around 18 handicaps.

Is this course worth the drive for hackers like us?

Or any other recommendations?

TIA

Funky Winkerbean
AG
Yes..fun course usually in great shape.
DDub74
Great course and worth the drive if you have the time. Not sure what shape it is in right now.
Bunk Moreland
Are you looking for just a day trip or an overnight trip?
AggieAGR
AG
Day trip
Bunk Moreland
Ahh ok. I don't have a good suggestion. If y'all were able to stay overnight I would say give Rayburn Country a look. Was just out there last weekend. Course was in good shape and they continue to do a lot of good work renovating/adding on.

Good new bar/restaurant area with live music separate from the clubhouse bar and restaurant so you can choose the vibe you want. Good golf through in the piney woods.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah it's a great course. Really fun and always in great shape. My dad is a 20+ HC and he loves it out there.

If you want you may also check out Stephen F Austin out in San Felipe. It's about the same drive from the middle part of town but it's another one that's a fun track. It's not as nice as Wilderness but it's a fun, laid back round.

Closer to town but a bit more pricey is High Meadow Ranch. It's really cool track with some nice natural rolling elevation changes. They have a nice bar and grill with TVs that makes for a nice post round hang out.
Rlcoker
AG
Definitely worth the trip. It's a fun course.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Watch for the gator on hole 4.
Blackstreet
AG
Yes. Worth the drive imo.
Highland Pines is another to consider if you haven't played it. High Meadow Ranch is also a good one mentioned above.
ElCheAg
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Is it still the 3 legged one?
98Ag99Grad
AG
ElCheAg said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Is it still the 3 legged one?

Not. Sure I rounded the corner headed to the next tee box and he was in the grass with his mouth open sunning himself. I about crapped my pants.
Drparker
It would be a long day trip but the Bandit course in New Braunfels its a great course
SArthur2012
AG
Drparker said:

It would be a long day trip but the Bandit course in New Braunfels its a great course
I actually played Bandit this past weekend and it's in pretty brutal shape.

It's a great track but the drought out there really got them. The huge pond on #4 (really the Guadalupe) was bone dry. I'm no turf expert but the greens looked like they weren't going to survive. About 2/3 of each green wasn't puttable and the pin locations had to be strategically placed so that you could have a decent roll at it.

I was heading to San Antonio from Houston for work so it was on the way but I would not go out of my way to play it anytime soon. Plus it's gotten pretty crowded out there even with the current conditions. About a 5 hour round on a Sunday afternoon.
Drparker
O wow it's been acouple since I played it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.