Any members out at Craig Ranch?

2,021 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by TXAGGIES
TXAGGIES
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am looking into joining soon.
khaos288
AG
Also curious. May join next year if the financials allow it. It's between there and the Dye course on Stonebridge.
BoDog
AG
Recently moved and swtiched my membership from TPC to another invited club due to proximity. All in all its a solid place and I have always loved the course. Curious what initiation fee is these days? I paid $15k a few years before covid.

Oh... yes it is 10x better than Stonebridge/Dye.
ChoppinDs40
AG
BoDog said:

Recently moved and swtiched my membership from TPC to another invited club due to proximity. All in all its a solid place and I have always loved the course. Curious what initiation fee is these days? I paid $15k a few years before covid.

I want to say it's over 40k now. Had an old work colleague who joined before it merged with Clubcorp. Pretty sure he got in TPC for $15k then.

I just had a buddy join Dye and I think he paid only $15k. I think they're hurting for members - monthlies are pretty high.
texassippian
https://myavidgolfer.com/cover-story-best-of-private-golf-2024/
BoDog
AG
texassippian said:

https://myavidgolfer.com/cover-story-best-of-private-golf-2024/
If this is indeed accurate, there is no way I would pay $60k.
ChoppinDs40
AG
insane how much some of these have gone up.

When I joined Gleneagles in 2019 it was... $15k for YE. I think full, over 40, was $30? Now it's 70!

Still love my value of getting in Gentle Creek @ $5k. Love the course and the new clubhouse is real nice.
TXAGGIES
Its $60 and dues of $1,200. You get a locker and storage included.
No trail fees as personal carts not allowed.
TXAGGIES
BoDog said:

How is the MGA as well as the members? Is it a bunch of ******s? If i play music and take fireball birdie shots am i going to be asked to tone it down?
BoDog
AG
TXAGGIES said:

BoDog said:

How is the MGA as well as the members? Is it a bunch of ******s? If i play music and take fireball birdie shots am i going to be asked to tone it down?
A year or two ago I would say you would probably fit right in. Now it is a little more uppity but most of those OGs still play by their own set of rules and nothing is said to them. Shirts are to be tucked in at all times which can be a struggle for the fats like me and staff is not shy to remind you. Also if you bring 2 or more guests they make you get a caddie and that aint cheap not to mention really unnecessary.

Early on it appealed to me because if my calendar opened up at the last minute I could go hop on and play a quick nine-regardless of what day it was. Those days are long gone as the member count has gone up drastically.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Good info. I was really close to pulling the trigger there in the past couple of years, but that last point is what stopped me. To me, the primary value of a cc is access, and the surge since covid has killed that value point for most clubs.
mavsfan4ever
AG
You have to have a caddie if you bring guests to Craig ranch? That was one the options of where I may join in the next couple of years when kids are a bit older but I have no desire to join somewhere so stuffy that you have to use caddies. We will likely want more of a country club than a golf club anyways for kid/ family events.

I really wish they would build a country club around the Lucas area. I think there would be demand, but I'm guessing it's hard to find the land. Only downside to moving up here is that there isn't a country club nearby to join. Seems like stonebridge or stonebriar are best options but both are 30+ minutes which isn't ideal. Craig ranch would be about 20+ minutes. I'm considering checking out the club up in Anna. Maybe it's worth it if it's more empty and has much easier access than the others but I know nothing about it.
ChoppinDs40
AG
you're in Lucas?

a true Country Club is going to be tough to find there and justify the commute.

Depending on which way you're going many days (south, west, north), Canyon Creek could be an option but it's a more neighborhood CC. Just did a big renovation but not a crazy entry or price point.

I think Stonebridge is your best bet. Definitely a family club and if you join the Dye course you get 2 clubhouses.

We looked at Stonebridge once we moved to Prosper and I just didn't see myself driving that way when we're mostly going south on DNT or staying in Prosper proper. Gentle Creek was my only option and glad I chose it. It's not a CC but my wife isn't really into the "Event" or social things at CCs anyways.
jrm90
AG
Spoke to membership director and it's as high as 85k if you want to the full boat….meeting with her today will follow up
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea we are in Lucas. Moved up here a couple years ago. I work near tollway and LBJ so there are a lot of options near work, but honestly my hours are pretty long so doubt I'll get to play much at all after or before work so probably makes more sense to pick something closer to the house, especially if the kids will start playing eventually or if we want to meet up with friends for pool or dinner or something .

We lived near m street area before and Dallas athletic club would be the easy decision to join if we still lived there. I really liked the vibe there and the courses but didn't pull the trigger bc I figured we'd move eventually. It's about 40 mins from us now so probably not worth it.

We've got some friends of friends who are at stonebridge so I'll probably check it out. It's closer than Stonebriar and probably makes the most sense. Do you know anything about hurricane creek up in Anna?

EtA: I'll take a look at canyon creek as well, it looks like it's around the same commute time and would be closer to the office. Thanks for the info.
khaos288
AG
Hurricane creek is fun. The crowd is stereo-typically younger, music on the course types. Definitely not the stuffy vibe.
TXAGGIES
jrm90 said:

Spoke to membership director and it's as high as 85k if you want to the full boat….meeting with her today will follow up
Her name is Allison, I went there on Thursday last week. Charter Member is $80K (you can transfer membership), 60K for Patron (same access but not transferable)
mavsfan4ever
AG
Good to know. That's more of the vibe that i'd be looking for. Would like to have a nice club with a great course and nice amenities, plus that vibe. But I'm guessing that may be hard to find.

I've played out at lantana quite a bit and really enjoy it out there but that's too far for me.
TXAGGIES
mavsfan4ever said:

Good to know. That's more of the vibe that i'd be looking for. Would like to have a nice club with a great course and nice amenities, plus that vibe. But I'm guessing that may be hard to find.

I've played out at lantana quite a bit and really enjoy it out there but that's too far for me.
I have a lot of guys who play out at Oakmont in Denton. Great members, course is meh. Issue is its 45+ minutes for me.

Also, I asked Allison about ability to play other Invited courses in D/FW as part of Craig Ranch, and you get zero. So you pay full rack rate to play Oakmont even though you are a member of a sister club.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Gross on the reciprocity.

If you're in higher end clubcorp, you get it everywhere, I believe.

That would be Gleneagles, Stonebriar, or Dye course at Stonebridge (I believe).
TXAGGIES
ChoppinDs40 said:

Gross on the reciprocity.

If you're in higher end clubcorp, you get it everywhere, I believe.

That would be Gleneagles, Stonebriar, or Dye course at Stonebridge (I believe).

You get reciprocals at courses outside DFW but CR doesn't want other Club Corp members to be able to play CR to maintain their exclusivity.
jagged
AG
Played CR yesterday, pretty cool with the grandstands going up. They are replacing a good amount of grass around the greens to get ready for the tourney.

One thing to consider is guest fees run close to $250 with cart and for a while they had rules where you had to play with a forecaddie. I think maybe if you have more guests than members in your group.
TXAGGIES
jagged said:

Played CR yesterday, pretty cool with the grandstands going up. They are replacing a good amount of grass around the greens to get ready for the tourney.

One thing to consider is guest fees run close to $250 with cart and for a while they had rules where you had to play with a forecaddie. I think maybe if you have more guests than members in your group.
yeah, if you have 2 guests a caddie is required.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.