GolfTec review

1,439 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by TXAGGIES
TXAGGIES
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know there of been a few of these but figured I'd give my experience.

I wanted to ensure I was practicing the correct things and not introducing and bad habits into my swing so I purchased 10-30 minute lessons.

First lesson was ok, and basically said my swing was pretty solid and wanted to work on consistency. It was take a few swing look at it on video then pull up what was basically a video of a drill to practice.

I have had 3 lesson since all on the full golf swing and the instructor has done the same thing every lesson. Sit behind the little podium and pull up a video of something to work on. Never once did he walk over and manipulate the club or posture, just pulled up a video of a practice drill. I was rehearsing the drill after the video and never got any feedback.

Is this common? Some may like the video aspect of GolfTec but I came in with what my issue I wanted to work on was and showing me videos of drills I could do on YouTube.

Anyone else have a similar experience or is it my instructor?
MechEAgg
AG
Sounds like an instructor issue. I've had a handful of lessons and we are pausing during swings to alter positioning or using noodles as markers. Almost every change we make is verified against the initial swing that day.
98Ag99Grad
AG
agree sounds like the instructor. I'm assuming you've brought his up to him in person? If not, I would say something and let him know. If its not working stop wasting your time.
NColoradoAG
My advice to anyone starting at GolfTec is to not be afraid to ask to switch to an instructor with a different style of teaching. It gets harder to switch the more lessons you take from one person IMO.
98Ag99Grad
AG
NColoradoAG said:

My advice to anyone starting at GolfTec is to not be afraid to ask to switch to an instructor with a different style of teaching. It gets harder to switch the more lessons you take from one person IMO.
Exactly. and this isn't specific to just Golftec. If you don't like the instructor and don't think its working for you move on. This game is already frustrating enough.
b_rad
AG
Any instructor recommendations for the Bay Brook Mall GolfTec on I45 here in Clear Lake (Houston)?
TXAGGIES
I think I may transfer closer to my job and a built in excuse to leave him.
DonHenley
AG
Has anyone been to the one in College Station? Any reviews on lessons or club fitting?
TXAGGIES
So in order to give honest feedback, I went to another location and it was night and day difference. This guy was soooooo much better. We didn't look at one training video and more diagnosed the underlying issue(s).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.