Low bounce wedges

983 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by DargelSkout
DargelSkout
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody playing a low bounce wedge?

I've started reading up on the bounce for wedges and I'm thinking a mid or high bounce is not right for me.

The courses I play the most are muni's that are overplayed and lack good maintenance. I find myself chipping and pitching from hard tight lies, sometimes even hardpan. If I'm reading correctly those type of lies are better suited for low bounce wedges. Is that correct?
AgBQ-00
AG
My 50 degree is low bounce. I use it for just those situations. My 54 degree is mid bounce. and my 58 degree is high bounce. I like having all the different options available.

ETA: I can add loft or deloft as required from there.
bagger05
AG
This is the way.
FTAco07
AG
What do you consider low bounce? If you're talking about a true low bounce 4 degree T grind Vokey then I would say no, don't mess with that. Depending on your swing path and how you chip 8 degrees is probably good and should be in your gap wedge at the least.

I used to play 8,10,12 in my gap/sand/lob and just switched to 8/10/10 since it's pretty easy to open the face on the lob if you need a bit more bounce.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
If you are a sweeper then low bounce, if you are a digger then mid/ high bounce.
DargelSkout
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

My 50 degree is low bounce. I use it for just those situations. My 54 degree is mid bounce. and my 58 degree is high bounce. I like having all the different options available.

ETA: I can add loft or deloft as required from there.
I'll try that. I just checked my 49* and it's a 6. So I'll see if I do better with that versus my 54* that's a 12.
DargelSkout
AG
FTAco07 said:

What do you consider low bounce? If you're talking about a true low bounce 4 degree T grind Vokey then I would say no, don't mess with that. Depending on your swing path and how you chip 8 degrees is probably good and should be in your gap wedge at the least.

I used to play 8,10,12 in my gap/sand/lob and just switched to 8/10/10 since it's pretty easy to open the face on the lob if you need a bit more bounce.
My current setup is 6, 12, 10. I'm not sure that is right for me.

Not sure if I'm a sweeper or digger to be honest.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.