Wilson Clubs

1,539 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by AggieEyes
Gus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They any good? I never really considered them but I hit the Dynapower fairway woods and they were surprisingly just as good as the usual suspects of name brands. The Dynapower forged irons just came out this year and they also felt good and the ball really flew off the face with above-average forgiveness.

It seems like they don't really market their golf stuff and seem content to be middle of the road?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Wilson has been getting great reviews from you tubers the last several years.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Growing up in the 70-80s, Wilson, McGregor, Cleveland Classic, Hogan, Acushnet, & Powerbilt were pretty popular. Then there were Ping and Lynx.

Wilson Staff FG17 back then was a highly coveted set of blades along with Titleist. I may have known or seen maybe one person with Titleist blades back then.

I'm not sure if Wilson also made mass market merchandise sets for K-mart and perhaps they did.

But their fat shaft technology (probably inspired by TM bubble) was innovative and I still believe they're playable.

Their recent sets are receiving good reviews and their design looks good. As long as they're fitted with right lie and shaft, it should be good.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Most major wins of any manufacturer so they gotta be good.

In all seriousness I hit them at demo day and thought they felt just as god as any other brand. Don't have near the marketing budget of other guys so you rarely hear about them.
agjewlz
AG
Where did you try the Dynapower clubs? I have heard good things about them.
Gus
AG
Southwest Houston area / Marti Golf. It's a really good driving range and lighted. Chad Marti is the owner and also gives lessons.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I used to go there 30 years ago. That hurts to say. Glad they are still around.
powerbelly
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Most major wins of any manufacturer so they gotta be good.

In all seriousness I hit them at demo day and thought they felt just as god as any other brand. Don't have near the marketing budget of other guys so you rarely hear about them.
They spend it all bribing promoting on youtube golf channels
aggiedent
AG
Their irons are absolutely fantastic. Not such a fan of their woods, but if they work for you, who cares what other people say……buy 'em.
98Ag99Grad
AG
https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/the-evolution-of-wilson-golf-old-versus-new/?fbclid=IwAR3ZiQRZ9dVOG4rDSS4fboMcNrmXt_b6flWQPVQJp6lpXE4RoHp9vFU4NnA

Good article going in to this discussion more
GoAgs92
AG
Got my kid a Wilson driver and hybrid 4 at PGA superstore on clearance since he is brand new to golf.

Not sure if they will last but they are pretty forgiving, first drive I hit on the range was laser beam straight, and I stink. Took it to play and I hit my last drive 275 based on the cart GPS….which is surprising because again, I stink.

D300 clubs, which is a couple versions ago.
AggieEyes
AG
I play Callaway Rogue ST Pro but the Wilson's look pretty good.

I think if I were to look at something else it might be the Mizuno 245 irons.

I would consider Wilson for irons, not sure about anything else quite frankly.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.