Golf Cart Question
1,340 Views | 13 Replies
Orome
8:50a, 4/17/24
Hello all,

Family and I moved to a Houston suburb that is golf cart friendly. I'm curious if folks have some wisdom on what to look for on pre-owned carts (brand, gas vs electric, etc.). It will hopefully be used out on the local course as well as a neighborhood street cruiser. Any opinions would be welcome! Thanks all.
Texmid
11:01a, 4/17/24
In my opinion gas is the best option. I've had one for about 5 years now and love it. We cruise around town on the weekends and a tank will last about a month.

I know with batteries they will have to be replaced at some point and that is quite expensive.
Milwaukees Best Light
11:44a, 4/17/24
Many courses will not let you use your own cart if you have knobby offroad tires on it.
Mr.Bond
12:51p, 4/17/24
We have a lifted Icon with street tires (course friendly) and love it. I personally don't care for the noise or maintenance on a gas cart. But to each his own
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

TecRecAg
3:22p, 4/17/24
It will all depend on what the course allows. I would ask them their parameters for on-course use and shape your search around that.
Orome
4:23p, 4/17/24
Thanks everybody!
bowhuntr
5:04p, 4/17/24
In reply to TecRecAg
TecRecAg said:

It will all depend on what the course allows. I would ask them their parameters for on-course use and shape your search around that.

This, and if you play a lot of golf, I would not recommend lifted.
jja79
10:13p, 4/17/24
In reply to Mr.Bond
I bought a 2024 Icon today. Nice upgrades to the seats, dash and screen in the new ones. Also not a fan of gas.
Mr.Bond
10:41p, 4/17/24
In reply to jja79
jja79 said:

I bought a 2024 Icon today. Nice upgrades to the seats, dash and screen in the new ones. Also not a fan of gas.

Had mine 3 years and zero issues. So happy with it. Its damn good looking and Absolutely hauls ass too.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

boy09
9:39a, 4/18/24
In reply to Texmid
Texmid said:

In my opinion gas is the best option. I've had one for about 5 years now and love it. We cruise around town on the weekends and a tank will last about a month.

I know with batteries they will have to be replaced at some point and that is quite expensive.
Gas for me too. I've had a Yamaha Drive2 PTV Quietech EFI for about 3 years and i love it. It's so much quieter than any other brand of gas cart that i've seen. I barely notice the noise.
EliteElectric
8:19a, 4/24/24
for those of you running gas is it pretty much maint. free or is there regular tune ups and what not?
AggieDruggist89
9:01a, 4/24/24
I'd go gas all the way.

Pissing off the libtards is so fun.

And I really want warmer earth.
Texmid
9:22a, 4/24/24
In reply to EliteElectric
EliteElectric said:

for those of you running gas is it pretty much maint. free or is there regular tune ups and what not?
I've had mine for close to 5 years. Change the oil and filters once a year is about it. I keep mine in the garage plugged in to a battery tender to preserve battery life. That is about it. Mine is a 2015 Yamaha Drive.

EliteElectric
10:14a, 4/24/24
In reply to Texmid
Texmid said:

EliteElectric said:

I've had mine for close to 5 years. Change the oil and filters once a year is about it. I keep mine in the garage plugged in to a battery tender to preserve battery life. That is about it. Mine is a 2015 Yamaha Drive.

Beautiful!
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off