Oakmont Country Club (Corinth)
887 Views | 5 Replies
JimbloFisher
11:25p, 4/18/24
Any members at Oakmont that can comment on the course and membership experience?

I moved back to DFW area a little over a year ago - Highland Village to be specific. About a 12 handicap but I want to start playing more frequently. I'm about 15 minutes from both Bridlewood and Oakmont, so those are the two options I'm considering. I grew up playing Lantana and like the course, but the cost is a bit more than I want to pay.

Bridlewood has a "membership", but it's public so I imagine it's fairly crowded. I've never played Oakmont so I'm not familiar with the course. The fees would be more but don't seem unreasonable. I'm going to play a preview round, but wanted to see if there are any members here that would recommend it?
_lefraud_
12:12a, 4/19/24
I've played Bridlewood a handful of times and never felt it was too crowded. I really enjoy the track.
khaos288
11:17a, 4/19/24
If you're looking for afternoon tee times at Bridlewood, it's VERY crowded.

The reason is because it's fairly inexpensive, yet kept very nice. If you don't mind paying a little more Oakmont is a nice track as well, and won't see 300 players a day.
inozips
11:42a, 4/19/24
Have reciprocated into to Oakmont a few times, seems like the Unknown Golf boys were there, if you use that app. It's likeable course and not a hard walk. Invited used to be Club Corp runs the place. I do believe it is considered lower tier in the Invited's reciprocal world, Las Colinas would be top shelf. Always enjoyed my rounds there...
stuffandstufflikedat
7:38p, 4/20/24
Oakmont CC member since 2000. Really enjoy the course; well maintained and very playable. MGA, Ladies Golf Association (OLGA), and Senior MGA (50+) active and welcoming. Also a great junior golf program for the kids. Pool, tennis, and workout facility. Good number of Ags. Happy to assist with OCC info. (Class of '76.)
TXAGGIES
7:46p, 4/20/24
I play with the "Unknown" golfers pretty often up there and have played in about 10-15 member guests there.

The course us nothing to write home about but the members are great. If I lived closer I would join there just to hang out with the guys more often.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings