JBL outdoor pool speakers
1,366 Views | 7 Replies
springagg
9:51p, 4/9/24
Any experience with pool speakers like these or something similar?

https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/rcs650-6-6-control-88m/?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkLOCxdG2hQMVzC7UAR2dZQYDEAQYBSABEgI14vD_BwE
agnerd
9:35a, 4/10/24
That's a nice setup and the price reflects it. The key to speakers by the pool is that you are generally covering a much larger area than a single room in a house or even just a patio. More speakers is always better because you can keep them at lower volume and have a more constant sound level around the pool. Those speakers are very good for uniformly spreading sound around the pool since they send sound in all directions and not just out the front.

I use the non-commercial JBL front-firing speakers hooked to an old crappy amp in the garage and haven't any problems in 10 years with the much cheaper speakers. That setup should work really well.
Chase
10:25a, 4/10/24
In reply to springagg
The few times I've helped clients with outdoor, all-weather speakers, I've chosen the under-eave, front-firing speakers and they do really well. I just don't love the look of the "hidden" speakers or the price of the really good ones but the under-eaves aren't exactly pretty themselves. I just feel they are better protected from weather/damage and you can get JBLs that go under-eave a helluva lot cheaper.

Biggest complaints I've seen about outdoor speakers is that they are lacking in bass. That is something speakers like those you linked will some what solve, having larger drivers.

EDIT TO ADD: That price is high but it isn't actually that bad overall given how many of the speakers you get. 6 of them retail for almost that price and then it has an amp included.
91AggieLawyer
7:21p, 4/10/24
I don't know that you want a lot of bass in your outdoor speakers or you're just asking for trouble with your neighbors. They won't be bothered as much by the higher pitched frequencies but if you have a good subwoofer going, they definitely will be.
tgivaughn
8:48a, 4/11/24
In reply to 91AggieLawyer
TRUE THAT
Yoiu must be quoting Neighbor when frat house next door "tells" him when they are going to party all night, evn past the 9pm bedtimes for children neighbors on their other side.
Sooner or later, the BASS returns, windows shake, long day at work coming up.
Frequent visits from sheriff make no difference.
springagg
3:16p, 4/11/24
I'm on 2 acres and so are both of my neighbors. I am looking for some good power along with bass etc. They have an in-ground bass speaker that I can add to this mix as well.
RoyVal
7:50a, 4/13/24
I run a SONOS AMP with 4 outdoor speakers and I'm very happy with it. I have SONOS all over my house so it's nice to run music both indoors and outdoors or have the option to have indoor speakers playing one thing and the pool speakers playing something else.

My wife LOVES when her friends come over, and she's able to play a record in our living room and have the sound playing out by the pool.
Garrelli 5000
10:39a, 4/14/24
Pricier but if you want really good outdoor sound look at Revel Extreme Climate speakers.

We have the L41XC's and the in ground sub. I wired so I could add 2 more speakers and another sub but I'll never need the extra.

2 behind pool wall facing the house, raised above the wall. 2 at corners facing into the pool. In the patio ceiling we have I think the 8in in the link. It is a separate zone but I often run it with the pool to create sound from all directions when I'm in the middle of the pool.
Take the trash out staff.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off