Cost of replacing a bathtub and shower with a walk-in shower? Recommendations?
651 Views | 4 Replies
Southlake
5:48p, 4/10/24
We are having our jetted bathtub and walk-in shower removed and replaced with a large walk-in shower. The new walk-in will be approximately 8 x 4 feet.

Had a guy from Statewide ( thru Home Depot ) come over this morning and measure and show us tile choices along with a rough drawing.

I asked him a rough estimate and he reluctantly said, 40k maybe a bit more, but he could probably come down from that a bit if we worked with him.

Any inputs here? I asked a couple of my friends who have extensive experience in remodeling and they said this price was way too high. Both said it should be well under 20k.

Thanks Guys!
rilloaggie
7:22p, 4/10/24
I'll head over tomorrow and get started if you'll do it for $40k!

I redid my old shower about a year ago which was about 44" square if I recall correctly. It was a corner shower so only 2 sides of tile and a glass enclosure on the other two sides. I did new cement board, Kerdi on the walls, shower pan, and used their drain system. I used pretty basic 12x24 porcelain on the walls and mosaic on the shower pan. New shower head and handle kit as well. I think spent ~$3 k in materials which included replacing one side of the old glass. I tried to reuse what I had before but managed to shatter a panel while removing it…that was a blast and about $1200 of the materials for the project. My WAG says you probably won't get a contractor to touch it for less than $15k. Likely creeps higher if they have to relocate the drain or any other big plumbing changes.
bam02
8:52p, 4/10/24
Are they having to do any major exterior work like changing brick or windows? I would imagine they are using existing plumbing. That does seem quite high, But everything is crazy these days. I would guess $20,000 and that is me trying to include crazy inflation.
rancher1953
2:47a, 4/11/24
Just had two bathroom remodels with a large walk in. This Company is great done excellent work they are in Rosenberg TX. Called Rhyolite Baths and Designs. They are a family company whose phone number is (281) 250-5767. If you read the reviews everyone praises their work.
maddiedou
7:43a, 4/11/24
I assume your in southlake but if by chance in college station

Alot iof variables without seeing but I do them for 10-12 but I do not buy tile I want no part of being blamed for color or not what they picked
maddiedou
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off