Matching Baseboard Replacement

552 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by Nobody Knows My Name
Nobody Knows My Name
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a section of baseboard that needs replacing in my kitchen. Kiddo pulled out the caulk where it meats the floor and some areas ballooned up. Is there a good way to find matching baseboard or do I just need to scour online and building supply stores?
Whoop Delecto
AG
If you can't find a match, pull some out of one of your closets. Replace with a similar sized baseboard
JSKolache
AG
I had to do this in half bath last year. None of HD products matched but I found a very close match at lowes.
JP76
That is mdf which is a no no for wet areas such as tile floor because it absorbs moisture from mopping especially if not picked up off the floor and trimmed with a shoe molding.

You can find that profile at McCoy's but it will more than likely be wood. If you have any peeling areas on mdf baseboard like that you will need to seal them with an oil base primer before painting to help slow further breakdown
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
Oddly enough when I was searching McCoy's site I saw exactly what you're referring to a few days ago. And yes; that's exactly what happened. Once the caulk went, so did the baseboard. Otherwise has been fine. I'm just going to replace this section (with wood) for now. I may venture over to McCoy's in the next few days.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.