DFW Replacement Cabinet Doors

407 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by mts6175
hijakeroo123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I just purchased a house in Plano with some odd cabinet doors that we would like to replace. The doors in question (shown in the first photo) are glass and open upwards with a mechanism that is extremely finicky. One of the doors is also falling apart. We would prefer to replace these with conventional doors which open to each side (for a total of six doors across the three cabinet boxes). With this in mind:

1. Would it be worth reaching out to a cabinet shop for this, or is this a relatively straightforward DIY job? I'm assuming that most pros either won't touch a job this small or will charge a massive premium for it.
2. Has anyone heard of SBMTX, the manufacturer of the cabinets in question? A quick Google search leads almost nowhere, so I'm curious if the company is no longer in business (the kitchen was remodeled in 2018). If so, is this a style that could be matched reasonably closely through another source?
3. Does anyone have any recommended sources for replacement doors? I know that HD offers them, but I'm somewhat skeptical on the quality. With that being said, I'm not looking for perfection either; we just want something more functional than the glass junk that is there now.

bam02
AG
Definitely check out Evan's Cabinet Doors. They're in Brenham but will ship to you. Outstanding service, quality, and price. I've used them for multiple renovations over the years.
TexAg1987
Home Remodeling Supplies | Surplus Building Materials (sbmtx.com)

They probably change cabinet lines that they represent monthly. Chances of finding that exact cabinet line is probably nil.

Is it solid wood?

A good cabinet maker could probably construct new doors to match your others. You may need some additional structure to make them work.
JP76
Post a picture of the cabinet hinges on the lower cabinets

I agree about Evans, looks like shaker style mdf doors and they can make that are close and ship them to your door
mts6175
AG
Those are J&K Cabinets. I'm a dealer. I'd be happy to quote you on a replacement, but you are better off replacing the whole box than the doors on those.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.