aznaggiegirl07
10:58p, 9/25/23
Like the title says, looking for the best internet
Obi Wan Ginobili
7:19a, 9/26/23
In reply to aznaggiegirl07
aznaggiegirl07 said:

Like the title says, looking for the best internet

Spectrum is a garbage company but their internet is great. If you have access to GVTC theirs is really good too.
MookieBlaylock
8:44a, 9/26/23
Google fiber is the answer and it's not even a close competition
aznaggiegirl07
8:51a, 9/26/23
In reply to MookieBlaylock
MookieBlaylock said:

Checked and it's not available in my hood
AgCWby90CS
1:29p, 9/26/23
Spectrum is not any good at all. AT&T fiber is.
CWby '90
Obi Wan Ginobili
5:55p, 9/26/23
In reply to AgCWby90CS
AgCWby90CS said:

I haven't had ATT Fiber so I won't fight you on that, but I've had spectrum internet and it was great. Spectrum TV was garbage but that was 10 years ago.

I'm north of Timberwood park and we have Spectrum and GVTC available. Lots of good things to say from the neighbors about both.
AgCWby90CS
8:03p, 9/26/23
In reply to Obi Wan Ginobili
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

AgCWby90CS said:

I haven't had ATT Fiber so I won't fight you on that, but I've had spectrum internet and it was great. Spectrum TV was garbage but that was 10 years ago.

I'm north of Timberwood park and we have Spectrum and GVTC available. Lots of good things to say from the neighbors about both.

got rid of spectrum internet recently cause it is not dependable, even with a pedestal box right outside. AT&T fiber was installed here in New Braunfels a year or so ago and it is doing well.
CWby '90
aznaggiegirl07
1:34p, 9/27/23
Nothing is. Available in Cibolo minus spectrum…
ABATTBQ11
4:26p, 9/27/23
In reply to MookieBlaylock
MookieBlaylock said:

We switched Google fiber from spectrum in May and have already had 4 major outages. One was for an entire day, and the others were for 4-8 hours. I never had a service interruption with spectrum in like 10 years, outside of the big freeze when none of my retirement had power. I've seriously questioned why I switched...
The Dog Lord
5:50p, 9/28/23
In reply to ABATTBQ11
ABATTBQ11 said:

MookieBlaylock said:

We switched Google fiber from spectrum in May and have already had 4 major outages. One was for an entire day, and the others were for 4-8 hours. I never had a service interruption with spectrum in like 10 years, outside of the big freeze when none of my retirement had power. I've seriously questioned why I switched...

I see posts on Nextdoor about Google fiber outages ALL THE TIME. Never had an issue with AT&T. I work from home 60-100% of every week, so reliability is really important for me. I also pay less than Google's base rate even if the speeds are slower (never have an issue with streaming though, so I don't really need more speed).
p_bubel
6:45p, 9/28/23
I have AT&T Fiber at home (I also work from home) and haven't had any issues since switching several years ago.
lp01
10:29a, 9/29/23
We switched to Spectrum about a year ago from AT&T. I can't remember, but I don't believe it was AT&T fiber. We couldn't get signal in half of the house even with a mesh system.

No issues with Spectrum. Half the price, and 3x speeds. They just put Google Fiber in the neighborhood recently, but was double the price. I'm going to keep an eye on it if Spectrum loses quality or reliability.
jgh85Ag
4:27p, 9/29/23
I think internet quality is only as good as the infrastructure in your area. When we first moved into our house AT&T was great. Once they started adding more and more customers, it sucked.

On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
Max06
9:19p, 10/1/23
Starlink
ABATTBQ11
1:22p, 10/2/23
In reply to ABATTBQ11
ABATTBQ11 said:

MookieBlaylock said:

And he we are, with another outage projected to last 5 hours
ABATTBQ11
5:21p, 10/2/23
In reply to ABATTBQ11
Scratch that. 10 hours.
Reload8098
3:25a, 10/3/23
We are on ATT fiber optic. I'm pretty sure that's the fastest. We have our phone on ATT as well. Have had about 4 short-term outages in 3 years. Only extended outage was when the ice storm in 2021 knocked power out completely.

They state "With both download speeds and upload speeds up to 5Gbps, AT&T delivers the fastest residential internet of any major internet service provider." I don't know if it's true or not but we're happy with the service.
aznaggiegirl07
7:30a, 10/3/23
We went with spectrum, because I think Cox was the other choice ( we only had two choices it seems)
Krazykat
1:02p, 10/9/23
I have been happy with AT&T fiber.
DartosFC
11:58a, 10/11/23
AT&T fiber
Nom de Plume
3:06p, 10/11/23
In this order, so long as its available to you:
GFiber
ATT
Spectrum/GVTC
Starlink

GFiber outages in SAT are a priority and will be addressed asap moving forward.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings