Belle Meade?

2,607 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Reload8098
Reload8098
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking at a really nice house in Belle Meade tomorrow. Thoughts on the area?
RanchoBrushyTop
If you like living next to public housing with only SAPD support, then go for it. Look a few streets over in Terrell Hills. We are on Grandview and love it.
Reload8098
AG
We are looking at another in T Hills as well. It needs reno but we love to renovate. Thanks for the feed back.
Halconblack
AG
You will get more house for your money in Bel Meade than Terrell Hills. However, you are in city of San Antonio. That being said, it is better than most places for crime because it is surrounded by the base and Terrell Hills. Disclaimer, I live in Terrell Hills.
v/r
04.arch.ag
AG
I really like some of the mid century houses in Bel Meade but we always shied away given it was out of the AHISD across Burr RD. Large lots and nice trees. There was 1 we had an offer on about 10 years ago that we missed out on and a year later had relisted from someone who had done a terrible job flipping it making it a monotone grey Home Depot special finishes.
Reload8098
AG
We've seen a lot of horrible renos. Really crappy, sloppy work. We're probably putting an offer out on the one in T Hills tomorrow. We have seen several Aggie flags in T Hills. Ready to get away from A Ranch. It's like living on Texas Motor Speedway.
TikkaShooter
Solid pour. I think it flies under the radar a bit. Their finished barrels are fantastic.
Reload8098
AG
Bought a house in Northwood. Going to renovate and take it from 2200 to ~ 2700 Sq ft. On .44 acres. Can't wait to get out of Alamo Ranch
p_bubel
Congrats.
I've got family on Woodcrest and friends on Bridgewater.
I think you're find the bubble pretty nice.

-save for the airplane noise, but you get used to it.
Reload8098
AG
p_bubel said:

Congrats.

Yeah. I'll take a little jet noise at 20k+ ft. Vs Alamo Raceway.
LandArchSA
AG
No neighborhood is perfect but the combo of house size/yard size/location of Northwood is pretty solid. Congrats!
Reload8098
AG
Thanks, we're looking forward to establishing roots. My son attends Great Hearts Monte Vista South on Belknap which will be an hour improvement in driving time or 20+ hours/month. Belle Meade has some nice homes and then a dump right next to a $1M+ home. The house we looked at needed at least another $300k in reno on top of the $750k sale price and it's only a 60 home little subdivision. Too many negatives as someone kind of alluded to.
Burdizzo
AG
Does Howard Peak (former mayor) still live in Bel Meade?
Reload8098
AG
Someone else will after to answer that. Everyone seems very friendly there and they have a really nice little park with walking trails etc.
Burdizzo
AG
Also, what public housing is adjacent to it? I mean, other than Ft. Sam?

I live in Terrell Heights.
Burdizzo
AG
Reload8098 said:

p_bubel said:

Congrats.

Yeah. I'll take a little jet noise at 20k+ ft. Vs Alamo Raceway.

They are not quite that high at that point. We have some friends on Country Lane. Their house is well insulated, so you never hear them indoors. But if you're outside when one flies over, it is quite an interruption.
f2foxes2001
AG
I live in royal oaks and it is airport noisy but you get used to it. Congratulations on the purchase!
lp01
AG
We are the one's that live on Woodcrest. Have been in the neighborhood for the better part of 15 years. You get used to the airplane noise. As far as the raceway goes and depending on how close you live to 410, you could get some Fast and Furious vibes late at night. Other than that, we love it. Welcome to the neighborhood!
e=mc2
AG
Fun fact: Tommy Lee Jones lives in T Hills. He's be a cool neighbor to have.
Burdizzo
AG
e=mc2 said:

...if you ever got to meet him.

His house is on Elizabeth Street in Terrell Hills. The story around is that he hardly ever leaves his house (when he is there). The other story that went around was that he used to frequent the upscale restaurant that was on Josephine Street in the leaning, decrepit, house (the name escapes me) that has since moved. He sat at the same table every time he ate there with explicit instructions to the staff that if anyone bothered him during his meal he would never eat there again.

Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
His daughter went to the same pre-school that my son went to way back in 1995 I sat with him in a tent while he read a book to a few of the kids during Dad's night as we went through all the classrooms. He was cordial, but I think that was because I didn't try to bother him at all.

My wife was ticked off since it was Dad's night and she wasn't there.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Burdizzo
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

His daughter went to the same pre-school that my son went to way back in 1995 I sat with him in a tent while he read a book to a few of the kids during Dad's night as we went through all the classrooms. He was cordial, but I think that was because I didn't try to bother him at all.

Did he use the US Marshalls voice or the Woodrow Call voice?
p_bubel
Burdizzo said:

e=mc2 said:

...if you ever got to meet him.

His house is on Elizabeth Street in Terrell Hills. The story around is that he hardly ever leaves his house (when he is there). The other story that went around was that he used to frequent the upscale restaurant that was on Josephine Street in the leaning, decrepit, house (the name escapes me) that has since moved. He sat at the same table every time he ate there with explicit instructions to the staff that if anyone bothered him during his meal he would never eat there again.

He's living at The Pearl now and the dude is a righteous *****.

You're thinking of the Liberty Bar, by the way.
Matsui
AG
Fun stories!
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Burdizzo said:

Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Did he use the US Marshalls voice or the Woodrow Call voice?
No Country for Old Men.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Reload8098
AG
Finally found a home in Northwood that has "good bones." Close end of April and will move sometime between June and July. Hope there are some kids near my son's age who will be 7 in June.
Burdizzo
AG
Great neighborhood
lp01
AG
We live in Northwood. Some sections I don't see any kids, like our street. Others they are running around all over the place. Our kids blamed us for moving to a street without any kids and that we should have gone door to door asking before buying the house.
Reload8098
AG
Guess we'll see. We are on Laramie.
LandArchSA
AG
Depending where on Laramie you might find some kids around that age. Take him to the Northwood elementary carnival they have next(?) weekend. It's a great school with lots of neighborhood support, and he'll see a ton of kids his age running around.
Reload8098
AG
Thanks for the heads-up.
LandArchSA
AG
Carnival is the afternoon of Saturday, April 6
Reload8098
AG
We plan on attending. Thanks again.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.