PACT Act increases presumptive conditions for vets
1,656 Views | 3 Replies
Naveronski
9:00p, 8/10/22
https://www.va.gov/resources/the-pact-act-and-your-va-benefits/

Quote:

The PACT Act will bring these changes:
  • Expands and extends eligibility for VA health care for Veterans with toxic exposures and Veterans of the Vietnam, Gulf War, and post-9/11 eras
  • Adds more than 20 new presumptive conditions for burn pits and other toxic exposures
  • Adds more presumptive-exposure locations for Agent Orange and radiation
  • Requires VA to provide a toxic exposure screening to every Veteran enrolled in VA health care
  • Helps us improve research, staff education, and treatment related to toxic exposures
If you're a Veteran or survivor, you can file claims now to apply for PACT Act-related benefits.

Even if you've been denied before, you can re-file or file a supplemental claim.
Naveronski
2:40p, 8/16/23
Bump.

The deadline is September 30, 2023.
OldArmyCT
5:32a, 8/19/23
I've got HBP, had it for years. Submitted my paperwork and they agreed, I have HBP. But mine is controlled by meds so no disability. The VA has some strange rules, my prostate was removed 10 years ago, attributed to Agent Orange. They give me 10% money but a zero % rating. I have yet to figure that one out.
Tanker123
7:19p, 2/9/24
I talked to a VSO and said the vast majority of Desert Shield/Storm vets had respiratory problems and was surprised I am free of that ailment. However, I don't know the metrics.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings