Done strikes in Jordan kill 3 US Troops
651 Views | 3 Replies
Aggie Therapist
8:38a, 1/29/24
Tower 22 and injures 34

Humor me for a minute. We're always going to get attacked and will always face casualties in the region.

Will there ever be a time where we just get the hell out?

I have a background in CENTCOM and understand strategic influence in the region and presence but I'm just fatigued at this point.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/01/28/politics/us-troops-drone-attack-jordan/index.html
Noblemen06
9:35a, 1/29/24
Not without a cosmic change in our national strategy and economic stature in the world.
bigtruckguy3500
3:57p, 1/29/24
In reply to Aggie Therapist
I was just thinking the same thing this morning. The issue, as Noblemen pointed out, is there is just too much economically at play in the region with oil and shipping routes.

The irony is probably that our presence probably causes more animosity towards us, that causes us to have to have a larger presence.

There was a time when our presence was minimal, but we relied heavily on heavy handed allies like the Shah of Iran, and Saddam Hussein to keep an eye on our interests in the region. Obviously that didn't work out so well for us either.

I think if we want to move out of the region, we have to find a way to keep Chinese and Russian influence at bay.
CT'97
1:24p, 1/30/24
We need to spend as much on the State Dept as we do on our DoD. Then start paying off some of these folks to walk away and be quiet.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings